News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

[News] Forum Upgrade - August 2010

Started by B, August 04, 2010, 04:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

Sis

Got tired of themes last time because there were things you couldn't do in some themes like you could in the default, so I just stick with default.

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't like some things about this new default, so I'm going to try a theme and see how that goes.

Chseeads

I went to the bright forest one....  In some ways it seems a bit more like the old layout on how things show up.

The Purple Fuzzy

Yes, that's the one that I'm trying, too.

Tricia Lea

I am trying the Bright Forest for a bit
Question... Will Bright Forest logo be replaced with Godplace at the top or always say Bright Forest?

B

I tried removing it, but it looked weird to me. I can mess with it again if you guys want.

B

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tricia Lea

Quote from: B on August 05, 2010, 09:49:48 PM
I tried removing it, but it looked weird to me. I can mess with it again if you guys want.

B

:)

Melody

I like the look of Bright Forest the best also.  However, there is a huge gap between the top and beginning of each post.  Even a line as if the post is the person's signature.   Is this something I've affected or how the theme is?

Backseat Radio

I like the bright forest theme too

B

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 07, 2010, 03:30:37 PM
I like the look of Bright Forest the best also.  However, there is a huge gap between the top and beginning of each post.  Even a line as if the post is the person's signature.   Is this something I've affected or how the theme is?

I'm not sure what you mean. Everything looks fine to me. :eyebrow:

B

Backseat Radio

Looks like the chat room disappeared

B

Yes, the link to the chat room is no longer there. If enough people actually use it, I can put it back.

B

Backseat Radio

I can just as easily use the other link myself.  Apparently some upgrades was being done on the chat itself cause when I used the other link yesterday it brought up a test page instead of the chat.

Melody

Quote from: B on August 08, 2010, 08:36:46 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on August 07, 2010, 03:30:37 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Everything looks fine to me. :eyebrow:

B

musta been my computer.  I logged out and then back in and it's fine.  Sorry! ☺

B

No problem. :teeth: Glad things figured themselves out. Those are the best issues to have. lol

B

He-Man

%41%61%72%6F%6E

sunlight

I REALLLY like the little check boxes under the "unread" list... it comes in rather handy... :grin:

:high5: B!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

B

Sis

Is it just my account, or does this happen to everyone?

In the PM section, the first message on each page, is scrunched to the right with a huge green block to the left. The rest are the correct width.

And each message has a 3-4" space between the top line and the actual message.

Also, this has been happening for a long time, but when I type a message, it's ok until it scrolls below the line, then it jumps up and down and I have a hard time typing and reading the message. I don't know if I can explain it any better but it's weird.

B

Can you get a screenshot of your first issue?

I can't really comment on the second without experiencing it myself, and I can't duplicate it.

Knowing what theme you're using might help. Figured it out and tried Bright Forest myself. Still can't duplicate either issue.

B

Sis

I'll try. Stevebert disabled screen shot on this computer, I'll try it on the other one when he gets off.

Melody

That's what mine was doing until I logged out & back in.

B

Quote from: Sis on August 19, 2010, 12:13:34 AM
I'll try. Stevebert disabled screen shot on this computer, I'll try it on the other one when he gets off.

The Print Screen button copies an image of the current screen to the clipboard. You can then paste it into an image editor.

B