News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Relaxing in the motorhome on Petit Jean
Have chey and her cousin with me.
Wish they were at home and lou was with me with the furbabies.durables.
But alas, Lou has to work tomorrow..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Been rainy all morning. So, of course I've been sneezing my head off.
I don't wanna adult today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been  busy day. Walked through the swap meet, then came home and got my tools. Purchased and installed the second (and last) monitor at the church, complete with HDMI splitter and cables. NOTHING at my church is square. The first mounting, the studs were 18 inches apart. Just like you would expect.
This one- studs were 25-ish. I had to make a mount to mount the mount to. :laughhard:  Ethan and I picked it up and down about five times before I could in good conscious say close enough.
Now the rest of the week, I hope to do a bit of social mingling with brethren of like automotive desires...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

That's really all I have for now..

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 14, 2023, 07:44:17 PMGrandkids want to eat constantly. ;)
I can't say anything. I'm 45 and I want the same thing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Ditto. Even more so now that I'm trying to eat no salt hahaha.

@Work.

Just got back from the dentist getting my permanent crown put on.

Hoping for a quick rest-of-the-day!

Gotta go home, pack, get the cat ready for her long weekend with her dad (I'll be away).. etc. I need to take an hour and do some housework lol. I really need to stay home this weekend and work on the house for the dog's arrival, BUT I don't want to miss this time with my dad.

Roscoe

:hi:
Dashing in to remind yall there is an all seeing eye watching...
Well, kinda.
This particular eye is reliant on internet capabilities which are bad close to nil on the mountain.
We've been beaten up hy hailstorm the last week. I've been fortunate  in that it hasn't damaged my rides or home but I'm feeling kinda like a target.
Hot springs, about an hour south of us had BASEBALL size hail. Imagine  the pop knot that would put on ya head....
Anyhoo...:hi:
Be back soonish...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2023, 01:22:16 AMHot springs, about an hour south of us had BASEBALL size hail.

(In a stuffy British-regal accent)
I say old boy, do get with the times. Baseball size hail is SO last century.

https://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2023/04/11
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2023, 01:22:16 AMHot springs, about an hour south of us had BASEBALL size hail. Imagine  the pop knot that would put on ya head....

Hopefully that's not near Eureka Springs. LOL
Headed there on the 26th for vacation with the hubbs and my parents.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Yesterday was a BLEEP of a day.

A water line burst and started spraying the production line.

Almost half the people were mad at someone. Fortunately everyone was mad at someone different, so the mad was spread around.

I slid up beside one guy who is usually fairly laconic and said, "Hey who are you mad at today?"

"I ain't mad at nobody."

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be mad at someone. Get with the times dude."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Days like this, I'm glad I'm not a manager.

Then there's the days when I wish I was a manag... Wait, no, I've never had those days.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Our electricity is out and it is muggy. Gonna have to get generator running soon to save food in freezers and fridge.

Roscoe

Shew. What a week. I feel wore out, and this was "vacation".
But I had a good time. Enjoyed visits with my uncle and aunt, then Mini and his lovely bride came over. We spent all day yesterday tormenting each other, and he tried to kill me by forcing me to hike down and up the mountain.
Then I took them to a place I had neglected to take them before. We have a beautiful bed and breakfast, modeled after an antebellum plantation, in the middle of 5,000 pecan trees.
 They fell in love with it.
Then today- they brought me 7 brew, and lawd, did they minister to our church. Absolutely amazing....
Now, tomorrow, I get to clean up some of the storm damage, and tomorrow will be recuperation day..

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 16, 2023, 04:10:20 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2023, 01:22:16 AMHot springs, about an hour south of us had BASEBALL size hail. Imagine  the pop knot that would put on ya head....

Eureka Springs! Where are you guys staying? We stayed at the hotel downtown. It was neat, but I'd like to stay at Crescent the next time we traipse through or maybe even an alternative place. Crescent has a resident kitty. :)

It's cute up there, but plan out your food LOL. I felt like I was going to starve. I expected my brother (who had been there before) to have more ideas of things to eat and whatnot, but it was so chaotic b/c of no pre-planning. I enjoyed the availability of breakfast places tho. I had a delicious breakfast bagel sandwich at one place. I can't remember the name.

The Purple Fuzzy

We finally got electricity back on last night. I'm so thankful for an air conditioner.  Some folks still don't have power in our area.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 20, 2023, 03:28:26 AMWe finally got electricity back on last night. I'm so thankful for an air conditioner.  Some folks still don't have power in our area.

I'm a little behind the times, but I have seen many people from your state posting about no electricity. Is it because of storms?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: Nelle on June 19, 2023, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 16, 2023, 04:10:20 PM

Eureka Springs! Where are you guys staying? We stayed at the hotel downtown. It was neat, but I'd like to stay at Crescent the next time we traipse through or maybe even an alternative place. Crescent has a resident kitty. :)

It's cute up there, but plan out your food LOL. I felt like I was going to starve. I expected my brother (who had been there before) to have more ideas of things to eat and whatnot, but it was so chaotic b/c of no pre-planning. I enjoyed the availability of breakfast places tho. I had a  :o delicious breakfast bagel sandwich at one place. I can't remember the name.

Isn't the Crescent the "haunted" hotel there?

:o
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Urgh.
Back at work after 11 days off. Doesn't feel like I had 11 minutes off.
Bah.
:pound:
Left over 7brew from yesterday , bang energy drink, and abiding dislike for the world in general  are fueling me this morning.
Not exactly pastoral,  but hey, I haven't punched anyone yet. :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on June 20, 2023, 11:46:45 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 20, 2023, 03:28:26 AMWe finally got electricity back on last night. I'm so thankful for an air conditioner.  Some folks still don't have power in our area.

I'm a little behind the times, but I have seen many people from your state posting about no electricity. Is it because of storms?
yes, we had storms

Nelle

The Crescent IS the "haunted" one, hahaha. I think the other one is also haunted esp due to its age, but Crescent puts itself out there more for its 'hauntedness'. haha

@Work.

Sleepy is my dwarf name.. I can't seem to kick it. Doc didn't hold out much hope on me getting out of that side effect of my blood pressure, but if it gets to where it's not something I can handle, I guess she'll change it. My WBC count was slightly better since the last time I had bloodwork (Jan). I still have my hematology appt next month, so we will find out the details on that from them.

Jeremy leaves eaaaarly in the morning. Still got lots to do on the house, but it's not all getting done for sure.

MsJennJenn

We're staying in an AirBnb on Holiday Island. lol
We're gonna do the train ride. Hubbs and I are gonna traipse over to Rogers (or Bentonville whatever the lady decides) for a food tour on one night. I'm excited!  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 20, 2023, 07:30:48 PMWe're staying in an AirBnb on Holiday Island. lol
We're gonna do the train ride. Hubbs and I are gonna traipse over to Rogers (or Bentonville whatever the lady decides) for a food tour on one night. I'm excited!  :clap:

You are gonna be close to my area when you head up there!  And close to Roscoe when you stay up there!

Roscoe

And yet, we shall be neglected.  :lol:

Hi all. Plugging through the day. Received a blessing today, unexpectedly. Got my evaluation and a 4.5 % raise. Thank you Lord.
Ready to go home, but first- bible study.