News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I've done 2 of this weeks 4 homework assignments! Woohoo.

Throwing a birthday party Saturday and Sunday's are so long, I'm trying to make myself get my homework done prior to Sunday's. I'm terrible at procrastinating my homework to after church on Sundays. And Sundays are already sooooooo long that I rarely have enough brain power or physical power to do homework.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Rainy and stormy here today. Not exactly what I wanted although we kinda needed the rain. Lou and Chey are headed to Tulsa for the week. I don't like them travelling without me and like it even less in bad weather.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 18, 2018, 03:12:58 PMWhat's in Tulsa?
It's a church youth conference. WPF's PEAK. They go every year. I made it one year, nearly threw a kid off of the bleachers for dancing 20 feet up and couldn't hear for a week. I'm apparently not spiritual enough, and I know my limitations. I abstain from going. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't take the loudness. There were many times I've wished for earplugs at those types of meetings.

Chseeads

Mom had a test done today and everything looked perfectly fine, praise the Lord.  She's got another one for something else next week, praying it will be good too.

Roscoe

Oh dear. It's morning again. And I have little to no caffeine. So not my kinda day.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 18, 2018, 04:56:58 PMI can't take the loudness. There were many times I've wished for earplugs at those types of meetings.
I always, always take earplugs to every youth service of any kind. I cut them in half and color the outside with a black Sharpie marker so nobody can see them in my ears.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:pound: That curmudgeon didn't need a hug. He needed a kick in the seat of his pants. :hypocrite:

It's kinda stormy out right now. Was absolutely beautiful, although very hot until a few ago. I ran an alternator I'd ordered online over to Lou's grandpa, who is one of the best men you'd ever meet, and just generally had a good time in Rusty. I came back and parked Rusty in the carport, since Lou is gone and the carport was empty.
 I come inside and am sitting here playing with the internet, see a post that we are under a storm warning- and wow, the wind started to blow. Looks BAAAD out...

Nelle

Sipping a Pepsi. It's finally Friday..

Jeremy's truck won't turn over again. Hoping it's just the distributor cap again, so we bought a new one, but we also brought the cleaning products to try to clean the "old" one. Since we carpool to my work, his truck is here at my workplace. So I have to wait 2 hours after close-of-business for him to get here and hopefully repair it. Hoping it works because I have a baby shower I RSVP'd for tomorrow and I'd like to go! If he doesn't get it working, I'll have to politely decline since he will have our only car. It'll be okay either way, haha.

It's supposed to storm today, but it LOOKED like it would storm last night and didn't. First Alert Day here today tho, so maybe they actually expect the storms this time. I wouldn't mind if they didn't come. I don't mind rain showers, but storms aren't that friendly. haha..

We filed a claim on our roof yesterday morning. The second guy we had come inspect the roof and quote us a replacement sent us pictures of hail damage. We feel that since we've been paying in 6 years of premiums that they should at least  HELP pay for the replacement. It's ridiculous how hard it has been to get anywhere with these insurance folks. Jeremy tried before to get them to help and just got the run-around. I've been praying for favor with them, so I know God can make a way when I don't see one!

Roscoe

Insurance companies are notorious for that. I will say the last time we had to deal with Homeowner's insurance it was mostly positive...but that was 12 years ago. I still get bent by the whole "pro-rated" thing too, where they depreciate the value based on years, ect. It should be simple- I pay you x amount of dollars for insurance. You, a gambler, have taken the odds that I will have no issues. Therefore when your hand is poor and I have damage, just pay for the damage, ok? The deck is already stacked in your favor... But no, they have to tilt it even more in their direction.

Morning all. Woke up, considered calling in, only to discover a coworker had beat me to it. So I'm here. Not pleased either. I don't have anyone scheduled though, so it will be mainly an office day.

And FWIW- Sleeping alone and being without Chey and Lou is for the birds. I will admit it is rather peaceful though...

Chseeads

They roofed the church yesterday.  Gonna replace the gutters too, maybe next week.

Getting all this spiffy new, fixed up, redone, fancied up stuff lately....  Now we just need some booties in the seats. 

:smirk2:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 20, 2018, 09:15:18 PMThey roofed the church yesterday.  Gonna replace the gutters too, maybe next week.

Getting all this spiffy new, fixed up, redone, fancied up stuff lately....  Now we just need some booties in the seats. 

:smirk2:

I'm gonna have to wander over that way again and surprise you.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 20, 2018, 01:21:55 PMMorning all. Woke up, considered calling in, only to discover a coworker had beat me to it. So I'm here. Not pleased either. I don't have anyone scheduled though, so it will be mainly an office day.
Just curious: What is an office day? What do you do when you don't have anybody scheduled to see?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on July 21, 2018, 02:18:45 AMI'm gonna have to wander over that way again and surprise you.

What a great fright that would be.  :freaky:

Ashlee

Good afternoon, everyone!  I managed to sleep late.  Hubby passed out again during the night.  He's been having a lot of medical issues that are concerning and nobody can figure out.  I really believe we will be in better health if we move from this island to where we can find healthier food to eat, but he has such an amazing primary care doctor that I hate to leave her.  The va in general is a roll of the dice, so I am concerned that if we move he will have a crappy doctor at the next va that doesn't care at all and just blows off all of his issues.  So we really need some prayer in making the right decision on where to live.  I wish we weren't dependent on the va for his care, but for now that's where we are.  He has a review in 2020, and if it goes well and he is rated as total and permanent, then he will be able to go to civilian doctors without the fear of the va decreasing his ratings.  It would be so nice to be able to choose the doctors we see. 

Also, please pray that his unit will stop jerking around and medboard him like they should have done after deployment in 2011.  He should not have stayed in the military if he had a va rating and was unable to continue his work in the military, but they are continuously blowing him off because they don't want to do the paperwork.  A medical retirement as opposed to an ets would really be a blessing for us. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 21, 2018, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 20, 2018, 01:21:55 PMMorning all. Woke up, considered calling in, only to discover a coworker had beat me to it. So I'm here. Not pleased either. I don't have anyone scheduled though, so it will be mainly an office day.
Just curious: What is an office day? What do you do when you don't have anybody scheduled to see?
I usually spend the day doing paperwork and auditing all of my cases to make sure I haven't missed anything that will get me on the news if one of the parolee goes out and kills a dozen folks.

Quote from: Chseeads on July 21, 2018, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 21, 2018, 02:18:45 AMI'm gonna have to wander over that way again and surprise you.

What a great fright that would be.  :freaky:

Heh, heh. It could get worse. I could talk Mini into riding over with me....

Hello all. I spent the day gallivanting around in Rusty and working on the camper. In the home stretch now...

Roscoe

Wow. Where did everyone go?? It's dead...

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I wondered how things were going, Ashlee. The VA can be troublesome at best. :( My husband doesn't like going to his clinic because he doesn't understand his doctor very well. They do just blow you off quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's because they don't care, or because the communication issue is so large. If we don't understand what is being said, we cannot quite fight back on what he's choosing. We will pray for your decision making and that you will be granted favor!

Jeremy's truck died Thursday.. and his try to fix it did not work. We will have to get it towed or something to the local automotive place we use, and hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with it. That truck is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. When it runs, it's a great truck (still with problems). But when it dies, it does it all of the sudden and with random symptoms, haha. We will have to wait until he gets paid Friday to either have it looked at or pay for it to have been looked at. I do appreciate doing business with people I trust and who know us, because that helps with that situation some. They will often let us pay them a little differently/later than others would have.

I'm starving for breakfast this morning. I can't decide if I should just jump off the deep end and eat the chips I'm craving, or try for a granola first, haha.