News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

I just wanna say... I am glad to see cheese and taco back.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Get Burrito back and we will have a full Mexican dinner...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2018, 01:05:13 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on July 09, 2018, 04:00:10 AMOh, people.
Morning all. Drinking a diet root beer, wishing I had a sonic dr pepper with real cream. But I have to cut something out- I have got to get back on the weight loss path.
Diet and exercise Bobby, diet and exercise. Are you getting your exercise?

My job is perfectly placed I think. It is far enough away to make the trip an actual workout, but not far enough away to make it terrible. If I had to bike a circuit around local streets every day for exercise I would get really bored with it and not keep it up very long. Same for a treadmill or any other repetitive exercise routine. But biking to work I get exercise and save gas too.

Bobby I know your job is much too far to bike to work. Is there any change you can make in your day that could add some exercise? Even just a little?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 10, 2018, 02:15:11 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2018, 01:05:13 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on July 09, 2018, 04:00:10 AMOh, people.
Morning all. Drinking a diet root beer, wishing I had a sonic dr pepper with real cream. But I have to cut something out- I have got to get back on the weight loss path.
Diet and exercise Bobby, diet and exercise. Are you getting your exercise?

My job is perfectly placed I think. It is far enough away to make the trip an actual workout, but not far enough away to make it terrible. If I had to bike a circuit around local streets every day for exercise I would get really bored with it and not keep it up very long. Same for a treadmill or any other repetitive exercise routine. But biking to work I get exercise and save gas too.

Bobby I know your job is much too far to bike to work. Is there any change you can make in your day that could add some exercise? Even just a little?
I actually get exercise. My biggest problem is old habits...Sit in recliner and either sleep or eat. And after 6 pm or so, eating is NOT what I need to do. And that Dr Pepper- well, one small Dr Pepper is not bad occasionally. My problem is the frequency I drink them. I know what I have to do. Did it before, a couple years ago. I just let my guard down. I'm getting back on the straight and narrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

In a meeting today and my morning was not swell. I'm grumpy.  :mad:

This is what happens when I leave my house and interact with people.  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

As they say, if it weren't for having to deal with people, it would be easy to go to heaven.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

I'm eating pb&j for lunch w/ BBQ chips. I ate popcorn about half an hour before the time I normally eat lunch, so I haven't even been hungry yet, haha.

I'm making my strawberry cobbler tonight if we get home from work with enough time, haha. Gotta get those strawberries cleaned and cut before they go bad.

I had to finally swoop in and take over calling the roofers for the husband. He's pretty busy throughout the day and doesn't really have the time to follow-up on the phone calls. We got one quote in today, and I'm going to call the other again tomorrow before I call another one instead. I'm trying to stick with people that are being referred, since I'd rather have a good solid roof job than a lousy, cheap one, haha. Not happy about spending this much money on this house when we don't want to live in it, BUT.. hopefully with these improvements, we will be able to get a fair price when we finally can sell it.

Fuzz & sunlight - How are Adina and the family? I haven't seen any updates lately here or the website, but I'm sure they've been busy. Thought I'd check. :)

Heather

I follow Adina on IG. She posts pretty frequently there.

I've had the worst anxiety in the last few days. After crying (again) at work, I reached out to my pastor's wife and Lord am i lucky to have her in my life. It's a season in life where my job is to just be and i dont do that well. For over a decade my life is going after achievement after achievement (work, school, taking care of dad, marriage, etc). I need to learn to be content. Now granted I'm saying this now after a very good cry so we will see how good my perspective is tomorrow. Lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Nelle on July 10, 2018, 06:39:48 PMFuzz & sunlight - How are Adina and the family? I haven't seen any updates lately here or the website, but I'm sure they've been busy. Thought I'd check. :)

She's doing good. Just really busy with 4 kids & still working part time. :)

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 10, 2018, 03:46:39 PMIn a meeting today and my morning was not swell. I'm grumpy.  :mad:

This is what happens when I leave my house and interact with people.  :noo:

Amen, sister.

Chseeads

QuoteI had to finally swoop in and take over calling the roofers for the husband. He's pretty busy throughout the day and doesn't really have the time to follow-up on the phone calls. We got one quote in today, and I'm going to call the other again tomorrow before I call another one instead. I'm trying to stick with people that are being referred, since I'd rather have a good solid roof job than a lousy, cheap one, haha. Not happy about spending this much money on this house when we don't want to live in it, BUT.. hopefully with these improvements, we will be able to get a fair price when we finally can sell it.

Anecdotal story on the topic of roofs.  Long story short, end of last year I had the Amish (had to hire them, not kidnap them) build a porch on the front and drive thru canopy on the back of the church.  That was done December and January....  After it was done there was a bit of a leak in one area of the roof where everything joined together....  They came back and tried to seal some stuff up and it made a difference but didn't totally fix it. 

So, anyways....I had originally hoped I was going to get more time out of the old roof, but on the old part of the building it was 20 years old and the addition was 18.... 

So I ended up finally calling a roofing place to have them look at it and see what they thought.  When he inspected it, he said it had hail damage so I ought to just file an insurance claim.  So that's what I did, and so insurance is replacing the roof and gutters on all the old part of the building (not the new stuff the Amish built which is still essentially brand new and is alright). 

So that's in the process, they may do the roof next week possibly. 

Chseeads

taco_harvell

I still don't have a like button. I see where it says other people like stuff but I can't like. Roscoe... Cheese... Scott... Y'all have made me a dis-likeful person!

I have a thread in the general section about pain. It has a few questions I need y'all to answer it's important for something I'm working on. Some of you know about what it is.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Chseeads on July 11, 2018, 04:38:27 AM
QuoteI had to finally swoop in and take over calling the roofers for the husband. He's pretty busy throughout the day and doesn't really have the time to follow-up on the phone calls. We got one quote in today, and I'm going to call the other again tomorrow before I call another one instead. I'm trying to stick with people that are being referred, since I'd rather have a good solid roof job than a lousy, cheap one, haha. Not happy about spending this much money on this house when we don't want to live in it, BUT.. hopefully with these improvements, we will be able to get a fair price when we finally can sell it.

Anecdotal story on the topic of roofs.  Long story short, end of last year I had the Amish (had to hire them, not kidnap them) build a porch on the front and drive thru canopy on the back of the church.  That was done December and January....  After it was done there was a bit of a leak in one area of the roof where everything joined together....  They came back and tried to seal some stuff up and it made a difference but didn't totally fix it. 

So, anyways....I had originally hoped I was going to get more time out of the old roof, but on the old part of the building it was 20 years old and the addition was 18.... 

So I ended up finally calling a roofing place to have them look at it and see what they thought.  When he inspected it, he said it had hail damage so I ought to just file an insurance claim.  So that's what I did, and so insurance is replacing the roof and gutters on all the old part of the building (not the new stuff the Amish built which is still essentially brand new and is alright). 

So that's in the process, they may do the roof next week possibly. 

Four years ago we had our roof replaced because of hail damage. For some reason, they replaced our metal front entrance and backdoor that wasn't damaged. Yet they refused to replace the awning over the front door that was.

taco_harvell

I am likable again!!!

Changed from the default theme to a theme just like it, then changed back and the little thumbs up was back!

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 11, 2018, 04:42:22 AM
I like the new roof/entryway.
 Those poor Amish had no idea how much danger they were in, being that close proximity to you. You were probably just "casing the area" and getting an idea of their schedule so you could snatch one later.

Morning all. Not a lot of time as usual. Was awakened 30 minutes early with a call from my boss regarding one of my parolees who had absconded. Had to come in early. And today's court, so I might be in and out...:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

I actually brought one home on lunch break one day to look at some projects at home and said I wanted to have them do them...  They had various jobs lined up already so it was going to be later on....I'm probably going to have to call them back and make sure they remember me. 

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 11, 2018, 12:52:00 PMMorning all. Not a lot of time as usual. Was awakened 30 minutes early with a call from my boss regarding one of my parolees who had absconded. Had to come in early. And today's court, so I might be in and out...:pound:
As Super Chicken told Fred, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it." The forecast is for partly cloudy with a 40% chance of overtime and a 10% chance of lost sleep.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. Back is hurting again. The chiropractor helped, but I can't afford to see him twice a week. Something's gotta give. :pound:

Chseeads

Let me used the hammer, I'll make it give. 

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on July 12, 2018, 05:05:28 PMLet me used the hammer, I'll make it give. 
What I wouldn't give for a "multi-like" button...
"Do you sing at church?"