News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on January 24, 2014, 03:45:19 PM
Wouldn't a fly swatter be more effective?

I think perhaps he was trying to snag them within the bristles or something.  Lord, I don't know. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Cold  enough I can feel the cold concrete slab flooring thru carpet and socks.  brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Roscoe

:pound: Cheesehead for the "pink Lincoln " comment. If I weren't stuck on dial-up, I'd upload a pic. It's white with some kinda pearl clearcoat.
:pound: Weird Cat for claiming my preference for a cloud like ride means I am old.
:pound: everyone else, just because. :p

And Fuzzy Beast, our electric bill didn't quite double but it jumped about 60 bucks..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on January 25, 2014, 05:05:01 AM
:pound: Cheesehead for the "pink Lincoln " comment. If I weren't stuck on dial-up, I'd upload a pic. It's white with some kinda pearl clearcoat.
:pound: Weird Cat for claiming my preference for a cloud like ride means I am old.

And Fuzzy Beast, our electric bill didn't quite double but it jumped about 60 bucks..

:couch:

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 25, 2014, 05:06:36 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 25, 2014, 05:05:01 AM

:couch:
:nono: Just cause you weren't named specifically does NOT mean you got away....I suspect you were snickering at my expense during this exchange. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

hoping the weather shapes up a bit for Sunday since the singles at church are suppose to have a pizza and bowling get together

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on January 25, 2014, 04:30:39 AMHi, everyone! :hi:

Melodya, would your daughter like to earn a little babysitting money? I need someone to come play with Arabella so I can work on ToB orders.  :updown:

:beret:

She would love to. :) babies like her large twinkling eyes. Next year she gets her babysitting certification.

BOTT is done and we are home. Thank God. There are things I liked and didn't like about being down south though I wast told it was a weak representation. I'll just have to go meet Mel!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Any time there is snow you will see a weak representation of the south.  As a southerner myself I am embarrassed for their sake, but as a guy who likes to play in the snow I can't help snickering at them just a little bit. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Need to get my bohunkas up and go to Russellville to get a few things for our ongoing home improvement issues....but man, I'm really comfortable and don't wanna get up....

Backseat Radio

Some counties in Indiana including mine are under red status meaning thou shalt not drive. Got out anyways cause of work.

Melody

What, pray tell, are bohunkas?!  :o

I have recovered my mumchkins faces with kisses and heard their accounts of the week.  Now. A nap. Maybe. I had coffee.

Jenn, I experience marvelous LA hospitality. One family invited us for a home cooked meal. "Red beans and rice with cornbread" which I had never had that way. It was good and they were kind.

A few times I was a little taken aback. I don't want to say why on here.  But some of the "southern charm" was disingenuous.  Kind of awkward. Not with the church people just the community.  That is just humanity though, really.

However there was great amounts of loud laughter amongst so many and I enjoyed that immensely. I LOVE the tall pine trees!! Right IN town. They made us feel like it was out west.  Cacti in people's yards was funny.

There was a weird style I kept seeing at church. It may not be southern.  I think it's connected to the ruffled layered look but lots of ladies looked like they were wearing torn up rags until you got up close and then it looked like nice torn up clothes. Lol. I'm not a fashionista though.

As soon as we hit LA it seemed they don't use street signs consistently.  Driving was weird.

I adored every accent, every smile. I am amused by how everyone tries to know everyone else by who they know.   Which meant I didn't know anyone's anyone.  And who knows people from IA?  I done even know them  LOL

Coffee didn't seem to be a big deal down there. I didn't see one Starbucks, which I don't care that much for anyway, a caribou coffee or a Panera Bread. I saw no coffee shops at all.  No breakfast places either except IHOP. Gag. I brought some produce so that is what I snacked on and had apples for breakfast.  I had hotel coffee like. 3x.  But who cares?  I finally got to visit the south!!  :D

I did like Cane's sweet tea and thought it was funny that the other fast food places sold their tea.  We liked Copeland's. We weren't going to go to what we could get back home but since Popeyes said. "Cajun Kitchen" and it was nearly 11pm, we went ahead and grabbed some. :hypocrite:

Driving through that itty bitty part of the Ozarks was beautiful. 

Every town is different so I'm not going to judge the south by it. It was kind of a dirty run down looking town. People had said it wasn't big but yes, it is a City. It just doesn't want to admit it. Traffic is terrible. Everyone is suppose to yield. So finding a place that has no street sign, and everyone yielding from the highway, outer road and side streets at the same time, is crazy.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Haha I thought he was calling his girl's that.   :laughhard:

What can I say about BOTT?  It was fantastic.  The worship service is the same as ours but bigger. The preaching was amazing. I met missionaries I've prayed for, met great people who of course are real. It's nearly the same as our Mantle conf. Just much bigger.  We got the direction we had been seeking. Like any opportunity like that, you get what you're desperate for.  One lady by us, was on her phone the whole time. And FB. Coulda been important but I hope she got something out of the conf.

TF Tenny looks like a wonderful g'pa I'd wish to have had. I wanted every evangelist to come to our church. Hearing them worship and pray around us with such passion.  I wish I could've taken on every missionary. I love what one preacher said, "missions is a holiness issue."  Vesta Mangun is the coolest woman I've ever met.  The parts that were directed at preachers and pastors stirred my heart for our friends in those positions.  I felt like a Jonathan.  Lol.

So much to say but I'm still processing it all.

Lynx

The best way to find a good breakfast in the South is to look for a small, locally owned and operated diner where all the pickup trucks are parked.  IHOP... gag indeed. Find the little diner where all the locals eat.

And coffee is a big deal here, but the restaurants never have caught on.  The best way to find a good cup of coffee is to brew it at home.  Sorry.

About the southern charm - I bet you got a few hugs, didn't ya?  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Everybody always rants and raves about conferences like that, but I think I'd probably hate it.  I always feel like I don't fit in and don't belong and the preaching is no better than I could go to any regular church service someplace and hear and I just don't enjoy it.  Last couple times I've went to men's conference here I hated it. 

Heather

Cold. Snow. School. Work. More snow. Still really cold. Had to break out my 4WD today. Went to work out and it was just flurrying a bit. Came out 45 minutes later and the parking lot, road, and my car was covered. I've filled out roughly 5-6 applications the last week. Pray something comes through. The environment at the animal hospital is just horrible.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

Sorry to double post!

And MY-the ruffley/rag look is apparently quite trendy not only in apostolic circles currently.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Me too. We even went more into TX on the way back.  We thought we would avoid the winding Ouachita Forest roads.  We did but we didn't realize how far we went in and ended up not being able to meet up with Mini and Roscoe in time.  I am still pouting.  :sadbounce: 

Melody

Quote from: HeatherB on January 26, 2014, 01:55:55 AM
Sorry to double post!

And MY-the ruffley/rag look is apparently quite trendy not only in apostolic circles currently.

I don't understand it but to each their own.

Backseat Radio

Looks like I'm going to be helping the preacher at my church teach the gospel to a young lady on Wednesday evening before service.