News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Random.  My pastor mentioned that no denomination has remained thriving or in revival? for more than 60yrs.  It will be interesting to see what goes on in the Apostolic community over the next few years.

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

I thought the apostolic community was going for more than 100 years now.  Don't we claim the Azusa Street revival as our start?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Ooooh!  I broached the idea of General Conference to dad and he seemed really excited about the idea.  I might not be a lone lynx after all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Remember, Rubes, I don't like ginger peach tea. I dispise anything that tastes like peach...except actual peaches.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Well that doesn't mean you hate peaches in a can.  Canned peaches don't taste like peach.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Oh! Yes I love peaches in a can. I just don't like anything that isn't a peach, and it says it tastes like peach. Peach flavoring I guess is what I mean. Peaches themselves, canned, cooked or fresh, is good. But no peach tea, water, ice cream, candy, cake mix, or anything flavored like peach.

Lynx

You'd love Blue Bell peach ice cream.  It's not peach flavored, it's vanilla ice cream with peach slices.  Only kind of peach ice cream that I really like.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I'm like that with watermelon.  Give me the real thing any day but I can't stand things with that "flavor."  There is ONE thing, a watermelon sherbert, but it doesn't taste like watermelon nor fake watermelon... lol 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on February 28, 2013, 07:58:22 PM
Oh! Yes I love peaches in a can. I just don't like anything that isn't a peach, and it says it tastes like peach. Peach flavoring I guess is what I mean. Peaches themselves, canned, cooked or fresh, is good. But no peach tea, water, ice cream, candy, cake mix, or anything flavored like peach.

I'm the exact opposite. I like everything that tastes like peaches...but hate actual peaches. In a can or otherwise. I like the flavoring in peach cobbler, but I'll eat around the peaches.

The peach jolly rancher that comes in the passion fruit mix is my favorite. I can't stop eating them when I buy the bag. Yum!

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 28, 2013, 08:06:25 PM
I'm like that with watermelon.  Give me the real thing any day but I can't stand things with that "flavor."  There is ONE thing, a watermelon sherbert, but it doesn't taste like watermelon nor fake watermelon... lol 

Again exact opposite. I love watermelon flavors. But hate actual watermelon.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 28, 2013, 07:10:28 PMI thought the apostolic community was going for more than 100 years now.  Don't we claim the Azusa Street revival as our start?

as a movement we do but not as an organization/denomination.  We can trace our roots to Acts but that's not what the stat is addressing.  "Pentecostalism" (and then Apostolicism) is still considered a new thing. We have rounded our 60yrs I believe for the UPCI, and all the other orgs that started up about the same time.  How many of those are truly having revival?  I know the PAW which started at the same time, is not.  I believe AOG is around the same time and they are not.  The Nazarenes claim the early 1900's as their beginnings and they are not.  We just had a guy last year convert from them because they were dying out terribly.

and I said that I'm watching the Apostolic comm. because as far as I know the UPCI is the biggest apostolic org. so if it burns hotter, it'll affect far reaching, if it dies out, it'll be far reaching and the other Apostolic orgs will be looked to even more.  So I'm watching.

Quote from: ladyshep on February 28, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
My guess is REVIVAL FIRE! Thanks you Jesus!

YES!  That is what I believe and hope!  We are not everyone else, so we aren't going to be statisticized.    :clap:

MelodyB

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 28, 2013, 08:02:49 PM
You'd love Blue Bell peach ice cream.  It's not peach flavored, it's vanilla ice cream with peach slices.  Only kind of peach ice cream that I really like.

I have been told that before. I guess I should try it sometime. One good thing about living with Mom and Dad, I can buy any kind of ice cream, and if I don't like it, it won't be wasted. It eventually gets eaten by them. Lol

So I guess it's worth a taste.

Lynx

Odd, I have often thought that about my dog and cat when I'm browsing through unfamiliar brands at the local salvage grocery.  I'll pick up a can of vienna sausages or chicken or whatever and think "Well if I pop the top and try one and don't like it, I know two furry people who will."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 28, 2013, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 28, 2013, 07:58:22 PM

I'm the exact opposite. I like everything that tastes like peaches...but hate actual peaches. In a can or otherwise. I like the flavoring in peach cobbler, but I'll eat around the peaches.

The peach jolly rancher that comes in the passion fruit mix is my favorite. I can't stop eating them when I buy the bag. Yum!

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 28, 2013, 08:06:25 PM

Again exact opposite. I love watermelon flavors. But hate actual watermelon.
Yeah, the kids in my Children's Church love instant pudding, but don't like real, homemade pudding.  It seems whatever people get used to is what they like, whether it is objectively better or not.  You get used to fake, you prefer it over the real thing.

Wait... maybe there's a sermon in that.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I hope wherever she is she is having a good day.

I feel some better. I just ate a bowl of canned chicken noodle soup with some oyster/soup crackers and I'm drinking another sprite. So far I've kept everything down today...the toast and crackers from earlier has stayed with me. Hopefully this soup will do the same, despite the continued nausea I feel.

Been sleeping off and on. I have a book I am dying to read, but can't focus on the words. My mind wanders and I end up drifting off to sleep so reading is useless.

Got a text saying practice is cancelled, apparently Bro Ron is sick too...so while I hate he is sick, I'm glad I don't have to be at church till 6:45! Instead of 5:30 and be ready to stand and sing. I may not sing on the platform at all tonight. Depends on how I feel at 6:45.

Gonna lay back down now. I suddenly feel sleepy and weak.

Chseeads

Chseeads

Tended cows, tended fowls.  Going to church in a bit.

angel

Going to my daughter's concert. She has a solo. She looks so pretty. I like to dress her up. :)
:waving:
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Roscoe

I am home. Kinda miffed- Lou told me her aunt would be watching Chey Saturday, so I made plans to go to a hamfest, where I am going to sell and trade a few items. Lou tells me a bit ago that the aunt is NOT going to watch Chey.  :cry:
This completely jacks up my day, because a six year old will not have any fun at this event. Thus I will not have fun- and I could potentially miss several hundred dollars in sales.
Just real irritated.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

SippinTea

The peach convo... I don't like fake peach flavoring. But anything with real peaches, yes. I'm guessing you might like my ginger peach tea, Mel. It's not fake. :) But don't try other brands of ginger peach or you WILL get turned off. *lol*

Isaac, I'll try to remember to post a pic when it's done. It's a peasant style little girl's dress. The fabrics she chose are pretty cute. If I was doing all the designing, I would have done it a bit different, but... trying to follow what she asked for. :) Hopefully, she'll like the completed project.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Heather is still gone on her little outing, isn't she? Didn't Brandon find them a cabin somewhere quiet for a couple days? Or maybe my pregnant brain just made all that up. :lol:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

She said that, but then this morning she tweeted that she was going to work on her day off, and that the one who called in BETTER be near death.

MelodyB

I just remembered that BTW...or I would have said so sooner. But my sick brain is fading in and out with information, and that just popped in there from this morning.