News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I want a goat. Just cause.

And I need a snack. Idk what I want though.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

So far no precipitation. I was so rolling my eyes at the stupid people making a big deal over the snowstorm coming in but I guess it's up to 3 inches of snow tonight, an inch or two of ice and then around 8 more inches of snow tomorrow.  Schools are cancelled and the trucks are treating the roads.  It's not the snow but the ice that's suppose to be bad right during rush hour both to and from work/school. 

Hey, is there a way to post a picture without it being an attachment but from my iPhone?  Or do I need to upload it somewhere and use a link like usual? 

Lynx

As far as I know you can't post pics directly on the forum. 

In local news, I am seriously considering going to General Conference this year.  It's in St. Louis, Missouri this year. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I still use photobucket, even from my phone. They have an app, you can load the pics straight from the phone, and then already have them set up with forum tags for easy copy/pasting to the board. It's really fast and easy.

MelodyB

MelodyB

Never did get a snack last night...but you can bet your biscuits I'm stopping at Hardee's this morning for a sausage biscuit. I am pure starved now.

Headed to drop dad off...then get my breakfast and come back for a nap. Sounds like a good plan right?

I forgot to update on dumb Furby yesterday. So I'll do it when I get back.

I hate that dog.

Heather

I'm up. I still feel kinda off today. Idk what it is.

Work then gym.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I am disappointed today. The weather forecasters claimed that we would be getting snow and ice in large quantities last night. I had carefully planned to bail out on work today. I got up early this morning with the intention to drive down the road, discover it icy, return home and call in, then back to bed. That plan was shattered by the discovery of a clear, but slightly damp roadway. So here I sit, at work, unhappy about it, and trapped here until 3pm... :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

My brother in law in Wichita KS got 6 or 7 inches of snow.

We're supposed to maybe have "severe weather" today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Dooo, dooo, dooo, lookin' out my back door."

Sorry, first thing that came to mind.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

kmymbir

Here is my update.
Brent lost his job, got kicked out of his house he was renting, and now we have no income..
THEN we had a doctors appointment on Wed. That cost several hundred dollars that we didn't have plus fuel to get there. But I had to go.. So we are now in the hole, and Brent's teacher cancelled class so the only good thing that come out of it was him being with me at the appointment, but they only let two people go back with you.
When we got to the appointment they did not do anything to check on the baby, took our money and rescheduled us for this up coming Thursday, now I have to take out a loan.
Having a baby is hard work...
Oh well I'm trying to keep my emotions calm, the doctor said I need to get these cramps and bleeding to stop..
We found out that Brent will not get back from the guard until a month AFTER the baby is born, they are not giving him maternity leave, so he will miss the whole thing.... I'm trying to stay positive... These are some of the consequences I Have to face...
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Bleeding?  o.O  That's not a good thing. 

Rx:  Take long naps.  Best thing I know for stress.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

After looking through many online reviews, I'm thinking Red Roof Inn for this General Conference stay. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Well I have pictures but its taking too long to upload. Nathan, Andrew and Hannah have been out digging folks out.  Our wipers keep freezing so we can't see. Lol. Now we going to a friends house for a snow day.  The highway was decent right up to our exit and then you can't distinguish the road from a ditch.  Perfect timing!  People are either in the ditches or in trucks. Lol

Lynx

Rules for southern people visiting the north:
1.  If it snows, stay inside.  You don't have the experience to drive in this.
2.  If you do go outside and get stuck in a ditch, don't panic.  In a few minutes two guys will be along in a 4-wheel drive pickup to pull you out.  You'll recognize them by the gun rack in the cab and the dog in the back.  Don't try to make conversation, don't try to pay them, just thank them and go on.  This is what they live for.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

No, Isaac, there are not enough trucks to go around and people are not that redneck in the city.  People every snowstorm get snowed over till you can't find their car.   :roll:  The key to snow driving is keeping your momentum and having good tires.

Melody

MelodyB

Chseeads

Went to work at 6 a.m.  Home now.  May take a nap.

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on February 21, 2013, 08:01:03 PM
That is "decent"?

Yeah. See the road is basically clear so you have traction.

This was this morning about 8:30.

Lynx

Oh, you're city folk.  I was talking about in the country. 

Here they put salt on the road yesterday.  Last night it was clear and cold.  Today it is raining moderately heavy and washing all the salt off the road.  With any luck it'll get really, really cold tonight and freeze solid.  I hope.
"Do you sing at church?"