News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

2011 poster of the Year Voting is now open.

Started by Scott, December 28, 2011, 03:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

1.) We need someone to volunteer to be the Election Judge / Ginger normally does but I don't know if she has been around recently.  If she is not, I would suggest a former Poster of the Year since they are not eligible at this time.

2.) Mods and Admins are not eligible and any poster of the year from 2001 forward are not eligible.

3.)  Every one can type in three names and then on the 5th of January we will open voting to the top 3 to 4 vote getters.

You can campaigin, you can give speeches, hold town hall meetings and public debates.

As usual I when I list my three names I will chose at random.

Added Note: There was a glitch when I sent the mass message and some how a ton of messages went out. I think it was becasue my browser froze!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Wait!  2010 isn't over yet!  There's still time for somebody to do something truly phenomenal and win, even a new guy.

Yes, I'm just picking.  Sorry, had to get it out of my system.

I nominate um... uh... Well shoot, whom do I nominate?  I don't know how long different people have been here or if they have won yet.

*Psalm_97 goes off to look up some stats.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I assume that's a typo and you mean 2010 or before, right, Scott?  I don't think we had POTY before 2001...lol

Chseeads

These are the past POTYs for reference so everybody knows who's ineligible.....

Past Posters of the Year

2010 - MelodyB
2009 - The Purple Fuzzy
2008 - sunlight
2007 - SippinTea
2006 - MellowYellow
2005 - Nicolejoy

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on December 28, 2011, 07:48:00 AM
I assume that's a typo and you mean 2010 or before, right, Scott?  I don't think we had POTY before 2001...lol

It was not a typo, it was meant as a joke.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Yes...can we nominate Thomas? I was gonna ask that.

That would be awesome if he got it.

Roscoe
Taco
YooperYankDude

Those are my picks.

And I would volenteer to be judge, but I never know when I will have ample time to check in on GP, so keeping up with nominations would be difficult for this year. Maybe next time.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

myhaloisintheshop

Lynx

Roscoe, SippinTea, mini

There were a lot of others who contributed many insightful comments, but you specified three.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Sippin Tea has already been one, Isaac.
Quote from: Chseeads on December 28, 2011, 07:51:44 AM
These are the past POTYs for reference so everybody knows who's ineligible.....

Past Posters of the Year

2010 - MelodyB
2009 - The Purple Fuzzy
2008 - sunlight
2007 - SippinTea
2006 - MellowYellow
2005 - Nicolejoy

Lynx

I knew that.  I was just uh... seeing if anyone else was alert enough to catch that this early in the morning, yeah... :D

Roscoe, Mt. Dew, mini
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Lord. How to pick just three!?!
Yoop- because he loved this board so much and was such a nut. I miss him  :sadbounce:
Psalm- because he's a nut, a prolific poster and a good guy.
Mini- ditto on the nut, and he actually gives great advice if you can get him serious for a minute

Taco'd be on the list for me if he'd ever return......
I'd put most of ya'll on the list if I could... I can't imagine any of you not being here.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Tricia Lea

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

HEY!  I haven't seen one thin dime yet!  Where's MY check?

Man, can't trust these dishonest officers to pay up these days.  Oh Newsman, investigation thataway!
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Chseeads

Roscoe
minnesota68
Taco

Do you realize a man may actually win this time?  All the former POTYs have been women.

Boy oh boy, I can't wait to see you guys in the evening gown and swimsuit portions of the competition.

:P

MelodyB

mini

ROFLOL

I was trying to post this as Mel posted:

Doesnt the evening gown competition and swimsuit portion involve BBW's for the guys?  If so, I quit.  Last time I was involved in that, it took 5 years of counseling to get me "normal."
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Then what happened after that 5 years? Cause you certainly are not "normal" now!

:hypocrite:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller