News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

Sorry about being all mopey yesterday. My mood will improve today. I was super duper stressed and that much stress makes my whole body hurt and my tummy turn itself inside out. Then when you think there are people there to help you (government type people) you find out they dropped the ball and that there isn't much you can do now that it's all been done all wrong. So, I send praise for a new day! Today will be better! Other than waking up with a stuffed up schnoz!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Nelle

Everyone's allowed mopey days. :) Thankfully with God, our good days outweigh the bad. In the middle of our storms, it's hard to see and remember that sometimes, but He's just so faithful. :) Obviousy all two hours of sleep I had last night really encouraged me. Jeremy informed me he's been praying for peace for me while I rest because of all the dreams I'd started having when the church situation started. I was losing sleep and it was crazy!

Only work until 12:30 today! Gotta get home, pack, and hit the road! I wanna nap tho.. Haha

Lynx

By the grace of God and with a lot of caffeine I have made it out the other side of 3rd shift.  Next week is back to 2nd shift and a good night's sleep at night.

And speaking of sleep, good "night."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Just began pondering last night about all the times someone "randomly" pops into my thoughts for no apparent reason... And then thought about all the times things could have gone wrong in my life, and then wondered how many times I "randomly" popped into someone's head and they prayed for me... And therefore stood in a place of intercession for me... Not meaning they had to go into intercessory prayer or go full blast speaking in Tongues... But just said a quick little prayer for me at that moment...

Not that I could ever know how many times it has happened, but I do know there have been LoTs of times when something terrible could of gone wrong and didn't... So I think I'm gonna start praying more for folks when they come into my thoughts... My what has been rolling around in the greymatter last night and this morning...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 01, 2011, 04:34:27 AM
I play Nathan on "words with friends" & scored a 476, my best score yet. He doesn't think it quite counts cause I used the scrabble word tool on scrabble.com.  I don't think it's cheating or it wouldn't be there. :hypocrite:

You play on your phone?  Chelleebelle does, and loves it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I'm awake...only cause my bladder was protesting my sleep. I was having awful dreams anyway. Gonna try to sleep another hour or so. I don't have anything else to do today. Might as well Try to sleep a bit more.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: five-oh on July 01, 2011, 12:25:31 AM
*Warning- Rant ahead with no useful purpose other than to make poster feel better*

Oh, Lord. Not one of my better days. It started out pleasant enough- a nice ride to work on a perfect morning with the top down on a sporty little convertible. It went sour shortly thereafter. As I got off of my exit, I thought the Miata sounded a tad different- one of those little noises no one but an attentive driver/car nut would notice. It wasn't anything major sounding, so I went on into work, leaving the Miata parked with the top down as usual. Now, I was about five minutes behind my normal time, so my usual parking spot was taken. No problem, I parked directly behind the usual spot and went into work.
  Life was progressing along at a fine clip until around eleven o'clock, when the dispatcher motions for me to come to the police desk. She tells me that someone had just came in and told her a little black sportscar was getting all wet inside because of the sprinkler system. I run out to Mia, to discover that she has indeed taken an unwanted shower... Apparently in my usual spot, the sprinkler sprays away from the roadway, but one spot back, it drenches the roadway. You couldn't have got my Miata wetter inside if you'd stood next to it with a fire hose. :laughhard: I muttered some thoughts that I instantly needed to repent for, put the top up and stomped off in a bad mood. One of the guys from the shop heard  about it and carried Mia to the shop, where they used a Wet/Dry Vac and the solar power of the sun and dried it out.... so, all in all that wasn't too bad.
  Fast forward to my trip home... the noise  from this morning was getting progressively louder and I stopped to discover that apparently the waterpump bearings have gone south- that'll be a major undertaking, because I'll have to take the entire front of the engine apart. :cry: So the Miata is parked.  At least it got me home. The Cadillac has a sensor going out which is ordered, so it's not 100% although still driveable. The Canyon has a sensor going nuts as well.... :reaction:

In short- I have a fleet of vehicles and the only one NOT acting up- and I'm nearly afraid to jinx myself by typing this- is Rusty. Then when I get home to work on my one day flooring project which has turned into quite the ordeal and a TWO WEEK PROJECT AT BEST, I hear the clothes dryer squealing! :reaction: I'm SO not having a good day but- PRAISE GOD ANYWAY!

*Rant over- for now. Poster reserves right to complain loudly at a later date if things do not improve*

Well...I hope you feel better.  Some people are just so full of fuss... *cough*

I know perzactly how you feel about every car messing up at the same time.  Seems like I have had that happen more than once.  It will get better I promise.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

mini

Boy, these wild bouts of everyone posting at once is really hard to keep up with... /sarcasm

:ugly:

mini

*makes up a rumor that questions Seths fondness for chickens*

mini

*refuses Seths defense with made up evidence in the spirit of Johnboy*

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 01, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
Quote from: iridiscente on July 01, 2011, 05:26:06 AM
Yeah! You should! :)

What do you think about: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2020061

I'd have to smell it I guess? Have you smelled it?

Would you smell that?  Just smell it!  Sometimes all you just do, is just smell it.....

*cough*

Questioning my fondness for chickens....are you saying I don't love them enough, or I love them to much?

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

MelodyB

Well...bad dreams and all, I should have stayed asleep! I woke up and dad told me that the truck is stuck in town, and the fuel pump went out. OY. Thanks for the good car karma, 5-0. :roll: :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Chseeads

So I just went to the bathroom and upon looking in the mirror, there was a stinking tick on my ear. 

I'm like some old scroungy dog.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 01, 2011, 03:58:32 PM
Well...bad dreams and all, I should have stayed asleep! I woke up and dad told me that the truck is stuck in town, and the fuel pump went out. OY. Thanks for the good car karma, 5-0. :roll: :smirk2:
Not my fault! And a fuel pump's relatively easy compared to my toil and struggle. :laughhard: Repair shop wants $500 - $600 to repair it. Parts aren't but around $100 though, so I'll probably try my hand at fixing it with the help of a good friend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on July 01, 2011, 04:26:50 PM
So I just went to the bathroom and upon looking in the mirror, there was a stinking tick on my ear. 

Did YOU smell it?   :hypocrite:

Newsman

Lynx

Quote from: five-oh on July 01, 2011, 04:29:49 PM
Not my fault! And a fuel pump's relatively easy compared to my toil and struggle. :laughhard: Repair shop wants $500 - $600 to repair it. Parts aren't but around $100 though, so I'll probably try my hand at fixing it with the help of a good friend.
In my experience if they charge that much to fix it there's a good reason, and you will find that reason when you try to fix it.  Good luck and keep the tylenol handy. 

Morning y'all. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I'm home! Gotta get packed, ready, and head out...but first - food!! I'm hungry!!

Melody

Ah Nelle, you should drop by, I just pulled lemon muffins/bread out of the oven.   :fork:

Andrew is almost 13 so we decided he was old enough to watch LOTR.  He is watching it now on Netflix.

Going camping on Sunday night!  It's going to be insanely warm like last year's camp out but what'd'ya do?  It's good memories none the less.  Last year we sat around and sang old church songs we remembered.  Sunday school ones, the made up ones too... hehehe.  That led to impersonations of pillars in our childhood and to characters today.  We laughed till our sides hurt.  This year will be more relaxing though I think. 

I miss my friend in Honduras!  I wish I was spiritual enough to just transelaport.  :updown:

mini

Has Andrew read the LOTR books?  Good stuff right there....