News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

5-0's PAPM is Sporty & Courtly in Sharing 440!

Started by Newsman, June 28, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Hey April...you around? Are you going to campmeeting? I may be there for Thursday and Friday night. We are trying to get our stuff together to take the kids to Youth Deal. Let me know please!!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

If you have ever considered asking your bank for a loan just because you finally found a place to buy a bunch of albums you have been hunting for years... you might be a music nut.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

awilkes05

Quote from: MelodyB on June 30, 2011, 09:14:28 PM
Hey April...you around? Are you going to campmeeting? I may be there for Thursday and Friday night. We are trying to get our stuff together to take the kids to Youth Deal. Let me know please!!

Not sure.  Gosh I haven't been to campmeeting in years! I will let you know!
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

Chseeads

Did some fowl tending.

Gotta clean up for church soon.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 30, 2011, 09:41:42 PM
:o
I never said I was going to... just if you have ever considered it.  I've considered a lot of things I never did, mostly because they were stupid.

But man, I sure would love to have all of these albums... now.   :love2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

*Warning- Rant ahead with no useful purpose other than to make poster feel better*

Oh, Lord. Not one of my better days. It started out pleasant enough- a nice ride to work on a perfect morning with the top down on a sporty little convertible. It went sour shortly thereafter. As I got off of my exit, I thought the Miata sounded a tad different- one of those little noises no one but an attentive driver/car nut would notice. It wasn't anything major sounding, so I went on into work, leaving the Miata parked with the top down as usual. Now, I was about five minutes behind my normal time, so my usual parking spot was taken. No problem, I parked directly behind the usual spot and went into work.
  Life was progressing along at a fine clip until around eleven o'clock, when the dispatcher motions for me to come to the police desk. She tells me that someone had just came in and told her a little black sportscar was getting all wet inside because of the sprinkler system. I run out to Mia, to discover that she has indeed taken an unwanted shower... Apparently in my usual spot, the sprinkler sprays away from the roadway, but one spot back, it drenches the roadway. You couldn't have got my Miata wetter inside if you'd stood next to it with a fire hose. :laughhard: I muttered some thoughts that I instantly needed to repent for, put the top up and stomped off in a bad mood. One of the guys from the shop heard  about it and carried Mia to the shop, where they used a Wet/Dry Vac and the solar power of the sun and dried it out.... so, all in all that wasn't too bad.
  Fast forward to my trip home... the noise  from this morning was getting progressively louder and I stopped to discover that apparently the waterpump bearings have gone south- that'll be a major undertaking, because I'll have to take the entire front of the engine apart. :cry: So the Miata is parked.  At least it got me home. The Cadillac has a sensor going out which is ordered, so it's not 100% although still driveable. The Canyon has a sensor going nuts as well.... :reaction:

In short- I have a fleet of vehicles and the only one NOT acting up- and I'm nearly afraid to jinx myself by typing this- is Rusty. Then when I get home to work on my one day flooring project which has turned into quite the ordeal and a TWO WEEK PROJECT AT BEST, I hear the clothes dryer squealing! :reaction: I'm SO not having a good day but- PRAISE GOD ANYWAY!

*Rant over- for now. Poster reserves right to complain loudly at a later date if things do not improve*
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Good ole Rusty.  Modern cars have so may sensors, microchips and etc that older cars don't have... and older cars can run just fine without them, where modern cars shut down without them.  Hmmmm...   "The more they overhaul the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Reminds me of the latest Yahoo Weird News bit, about the 110 year old light bulb that is still burning in a firehouse.  The news anchor mentioned it even has a webcam so you can watch the light bulb, but he personally could not watch the light bulb made in 1901 because his computer made in 2010 was broke. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Oh 5-0, I'm so sorry.  That's when I google and try to help around the house for Nathan. Then he gets a good laugh at me and it seems to help. 

I like working on some things.  Our vacuum died about a week? ago.  I have been feeling like we live in a pigsty ever since.   Well, Nathan was saving up to get a new vacuum but our friend had a Kirby that she's been using for 30 years that she was looking to give away.  I'm in love with this vacuum!  Yes, it's a bit heavy, but I was looking through it and it's accessories and it can be a sander, buffer, in/deflator, pet groomer, massager, carpet shampooer... LOL  There is even an accessory (that I don't have) for cutting mens' hair!  I have been through some vacuums.  The cheap ones seem to only last a year.  The better ones have lasted me a few years at a time.  But this 1 has been through a family of 6 for 30 years and still running great.  They just don't make stuff like they used to.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Babs

:rant:

apparently asking someone who just text you who they are is a crime.

someone txt me last night, and it was someone not in my contacts, so it only showed a number, no name.

i txt back, who is this. they txt back ME.

then get mad because i dont know who they are. ended up it was someone i knew but had never had a call or txt from them so they were not in my contacts.

all said and done, i ended up having to delete that person and their spouse on fb and block.

i still dont understand how asking someone to say who they are when texting is offensive. *sigh*

:end rant:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Melody

Lynx

What, you're not psychic?  You should have been able to look at the phone number and just *know* who it was.  Use your 8th sense, you do have 12 senses like most people don't you?  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Tried something new tonight called Diet Citrus Blast, it taste like carbonated grapefruit juice.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

I play Nathan on "words with friends" & scored a 476, my best score yet. He doesn't think it quite counts cause I used the scrabble word tool on scrabble.com.  I don't think it's cheating or it wouldn't be there. :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

MY, you need to come to TX and meet Dina while she's in this summer.  She keeps talking about wanting to meet you.  :D

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

We have somewhere you could stay if you could just get here. ;)

Nelle

I cannot stand attention-drama-people. Situations are hard on everyone. Not just one person or one family. So tired of reading about it on Facebook!! Leads me to my Facebook "fast" for the weekend. I'm hoping I follow through starting when I wake up Friday morn..until Tuesday morning! I need the break from the dramaful people. And it's hard to come up with cool status updates every day. Haha..

Here's to a great weekend in store!

iridiscente

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 01, 2011, 04:36:19 AM
MY, you need to come to TX and meet Dina while she's in this summer.  She keeps talking about wanting to meet you.  :D
Yeah! You should! :)

What do you think about: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2020061

Chseeads

* Chseeads sits in the corner....watching..... :searching:

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.