News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

A Lifetime of Happiness for Wooby & Chris! That Is Our Wish In Sharing #436!

Started by Newsman, May 17, 2011, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmymbir

entertainment purposes for your fellow GPers??? .. I'm kidding. I wouldn't go on a random date. Well actually I am against dating all together so my opinion may not matter.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

Quote from: kmymbir on May 18, 2011, 04:14:59 AM
entertainment purposes for your fellow GPers??? .. I'm kidding. I wouldn't go on a random date. Well actually I am against dating all together so my opinion may not matter.

Ya know, this statement here makes it seem like you and Cheese are meant for each other.  :laughhard: Just sayin'.

:cophat:  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Go on the date. Just as a start of a friendship perhaps. You need to get out and make new friends.

I don't date either. I have actually never been on what I consider a "date". I have, however, been out to dinner or some other such occasion with a male, by ourselves, as friends. It was fun.

You never know. It might be fun and you could make a new IRL friend. And if it's not, you have only lost a couple hours of your life, and you get to relay the experience in written form for entertainment to the GP populace!

See? It would be great either way! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

There is a difference between a "date" and "dating"... I think we have a thread on this somewhere... LOL!

Fine... don't call it a date...! You don't have to pay for her dinner... and take along a few mutual friends...

10 Months ago... I was not interested in a "date" with the girl I am marrying in 11 weeks... in fact I was scared cause she really liked me and I wasn't used to that... but when I got to know her, it worked. Not saying it will with this gal... but gaining a friend can be good thing.

Or don't, ignore her... and miss out on what could be a good friendship.

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 18, 2011, 05:19:48 AM
dating is over rated.

Just get out and do something different.

THANK YOU!!!

That is basically what I have been trying to say! But as usual, Melodya had exactly my thoughts, but in a simple form that I was unable to articulate!

:D

Good job, Melodya!

Melody

have I ever mentioned my parents are a little crazy?  It is really impossible to interact w/ them.  They are dramatic and having grown up that way, it makes me feel dramatic though I do fine in all the rest of my life.

So I haven't talked to my mom for a year. It's actually been a blessing.  Then she came to the hospital last wknd.  She didn't say much to me but instead chose to unload drama in the form of her being a victim, on my 9 yr. old daughter who doesn't have a clue and was overwhelmed.  In the hospital.  Where my aunt could've really died.

I called my mom and let her know if she would like to have a relationship w/ us.. pkg deal, that she cannot discuss drama about other family members to my children.  Except I couldn't get that much out.  She proceeded to blame Hannah, dishonestly.  I just said point blank, that she's lying.  She says "As God as her witness, she does not lie."  I've heard this growing up.  If people say "I promise" often or the witness of God, it almost makes me not believe them. 

She just kept talking faster and louder and I couldn't get a word in until she said the God/witness part and I said, "God's not your God, your father is the devil." 

Um.. so not the best thing to say. She gasped like I was about to be struck by lightning right then and there.  And then I hung up. 

My heart was racing, I did not want to start crying.  She talks like she is attacking you, it's hateful, and it really is all lies.  She randomly makes up stuff.  She's the most imaginitive person I've ever known.  When I was fresh in church we were talking about how tongues can change over time.  She asked if I remembered what her's sounded like.  I don't.  Few min. later she says, "you don't even think I have the H.G."  I don't even know what to say to half the stuff she says.  I can't answer them cause they aren't based on a truth. and just when I try to clarify something, we're on the to next made up thing. blech.

Anyways. I'm glad I live far away.  I hope the devil isn't her father.  I'll have to apologize at some point for being unnecessary.  That is literally the scenario that came to mind though while she was going on and on.  Is when Jesus told the pharasies their father was the devil, the father of lies.  But I know we don't wrestle flesh and blood so... it's frustrating.  My family is probably the most disfunctional family there is.  Greatly due to the fact that they are backslidden ministers. I've never heard of another family of 4-5 generation apostolics where every generation backslid. 

God help me.

Chseeads

From what I can tell, I think I would just find her annoying.  And she's smitten with me, so that'd just be setting the poor thing up for devastation.  lol 

Take some mutual friends?  Um, hello.  This is me.  I can't get a dog to play with me if I wear a porkchop around my neck, let alone getting people to go somewhere with me. 

MelodyB

:headrub: @ Melodya

Seth...if ANY of us lived closer, I know you wouldn't have any trouble finding someone to go with you. :(

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Nice night at work, and nice day to ride my bike to work and back.  So I did. 

Think I'll go up to the church tomorrow and put the sound system through a stress test, to see if the weak link is not the sound board's main sound out after all.  I'm fairly certain I know what it is, but just to make sure... I can always take my laptop and get some work done on some stuff while I'm waiting for the system to short out.

Seth I know the feeling.  Sometimes you just know it won't work out.  I had to turn down an offer from a girl at work who was not in any way christian, with whom I had nothing at all in common.  And of course when I did politely turn her down she fired back with the old "It's cause I don't wear a skirt, right?" bit.   :smirk2:

Quote from: sunlight on May 17, 2011, 10:50:09 PM
Mini and Bob- you guys and your families need to come discover our BBQ! that would be awesome! :grin:
Amen.  Especially the chicken - barbecued chicken done right is almost a lost art.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Oh by the way... no matter how long the work day has been, no matter how long the bike ride home is, having a slice of homemade buttermilk pie waiting for you at home makes everything so much better.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on May 18, 2011, 03:26:17 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on May 18, 2011, 03:03:55 AM

So, what's your type of material?

A smokin' hot woman with coke bottle figure and flaxen locks that drag the ground when she's barefoot, who can dig fencepost holes, castrate bulls, and can 40 bushels of green beans, all while holding a baby on her hip.

I know the girl.  And shes built just like a coke 3 liter bottle....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on May 17, 2011, 09:32:24 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on May 17, 2011, 09:15:51 PM
Ive been off today. 

As you are every day.  :smirk2:

Aye.  However some days are less off than others while some days are more off than less.

Quote from: five-oh on May 17, 2011, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on May 17, 2011, 09:15:51 PM
Ive been off today.  Daughter had a touch of strepthroat and I kept her at home today.  Done laundry, cleaned house, cooking dinner...ect.  Im such a good husband.  :patshimselfonthebacksmiley:

In other news, Roscoe has mildly tormented me with a text about a new BBQ place he discovered.
:laughhard:

I honestly didn't mean to torment you that time- and I didn't even mention a bbq place. I just said that  I'd found a new destination that had a strong smell of hickory smoke.  :hypocrite: You assumed ( accurately, as it turns out) that it was a BBQ joint. I even refrained from sending you a pic...

In other news, I have been a good hubby myself. In addition to spending the day with the little girl, I mowed the yard and put dinner in the crockpot. A nice big roast, all kinds of seasonings, and swimming in a thick sweet barbeque sauce with a few slices of onions... and yes, Mini, that description is for you. :laughhard:

You didnt mean to torment me with the text offering the right hand of BBQ from your pastor either did you?!?  LOL

And frankly, Roscoe, your description stinks.  LOL  I ate my vegan beans last night and thought, man, i need some hamhock...LOL

Quote from: sunlight on May 17, 2011, 10:50:09 PM
Mini and Bob- you guys and your families need to come discover our BBQ! that would be awesome! :grin:

I would love that.  But im not sure that they would renew my Oklahoma BBQ card after they found out I ate TX BBQ.  You think we could all sneak down there with out them knowing?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

sunlight

absolutely Mini... but only if you could keep from raving about it when you got back home... :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

I think you should go on the date haha....

Do you actually know her, or just know OF her?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on May 18, 2011, 01:16:03 PM
:yawn:

* Chseeads throws a whole bunch of grapes in Melsie's gaping yapper.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 18, 2011, 01:51:48 PM
I think you should go on the date haha....

Do you actually know her, or just know OF her?

Seen her at church numerous times and actually spoken to her just a couple times.

MsJennJenn

And in NO way you like her? lol

Or maybe it's just the "steer clear of people" part of you that is just pushing the thought of even remotely being friends with her away....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 18, 2011, 02:33:19 PM
If he was steering clear of people, what is he doing here?

We aren't in person....lol we're just a forum of supposedly real people!
Granted he's met a few of us, but that's not the point!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Ah, I see.  We are just words on a screen.  Also, given this is Seth, the girl might not be so bad.

I vote go on the date and see what happens.  The worst that could happen is you might like her, but I'm sure you can overcome that with a little willpower. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Scratch that:  The worst that could happen is you could tell us about this proposed date, at which point everyone would razz you about it.  The worst has already happened so there is nothing more to fear.

Why DID you tell about it here on the forum?  You should have known that would happen. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Because this is GP, AKA, Sethplace.com. And this is sharing. Seth shares everything in sharing. He is making his first wife, Alana, proud.

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

mini