News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

A Quote To Outrage Scott

Started by Newsman, April 13, 2011, 02:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

OK, I was talking to a woman that told me she was "kinda', sort of, technically but not officially engaged." What?? And, no, I hadn't just asked her out! " :)

John  :waving:

Lynx

Hmmm... I remember in apostolicchat when Jer was courting Jennn, he knew he was going to ask her to marry him, she knew he was, he knew she knew, but he waited a good few months to actually ask her.  Something about he kept praying about it and felt he should wait.

Can't fault them for that, they got married and from all accounts have a good strong marriage.  Maybe that's the cause of that woman's "kinda, sort of, technically but not officially" bit?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 13, 2011, 02:53:29 AM
Hmmm... I remember in apostolicchat when Jer was courting Jennn, he knew he was going to ask her to marry him, she knew he was, he knew she knew, but he waited a good few months to actually ask her.  Something about he kept praying about it and felt he should wait.

Can't fault them for that, they got married and from all accounts have a good strong marriage.  Maybe that's the cause of that woman's "kinda, sort of, technically but not officially" bit?

I think I would of liked this Jer... LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Kloey

Jer is awesome.  He wrote me a frog song, with Jennn's blessing, of course...lol.
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

sunlight

Jer and Jennn ARE awesome! lol! what a blast from the past... lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Scott

I know it has been a couple of hundred years, but I wasn't born married.

I was single in elementary, junior and High School and even school beyond high school. 

I was even a single evangelist!

I dated ladies prior to meeting my wife!

I was in relationships prior to meeting my wife.  I was engaged prior to my wife, we just had not put the ring on her finger - but I smarted up and broke it off before it got "official".

I stand by my belief!  You are either Married or Single.

You are either in a relationship or you are not!  It is not rocket science. If you have to hem and haw about your  "relationship status": there is either something wrong, one or both of you are afraid to call it a relationship or there is no relationship.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

I swear, I am going to write a book about this stuff!

All those radio preachers, TV Preachers, singles ministry Guru's, Josh McDowell, Dr Dobson, Dr. Phil, Dr. Quack and all those flaming goofballs have our singles so confused and afraid to call a spade a spade.

"I kissed dating goodbye"  - THAT AUTHOR IS A MORON!

Go on dates it is okay!

It is okay to date someone for months at a time and not call it a relationship, not call either other BF/GF.

It is okay to give the guy a good night kiss (standing, in a well lit place).

It is okay to let him give you a kiss back!

You don't need to date for 1 year prior to engagement and 12 months before getting married. My wife and I met in March and Married in August of the same year - 26 years ago! 

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

upcchris

.....well, Bro. John....the thread, or, rather, quote, fulfilled its purpose. :couch:
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: upcchris on April 15, 2011, 03:34:00 AM
.....well, Bro. John....the thread, or, rather, quote, fulfilled its purpose. :couch:
:laughat:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

The Cold Water Kid

Quote from: Scott on April 14, 2011, 04:35:18 PM
I stand by my belief!  You are either Married or Single.

I am with you on this 100%. I suspect the whole boyfriend/ girlfriend system that we learn as children is an attempt to undermine marriage. Think about it, it puts children on the path of commitment without consequence; today we are commited to each other, tomorrow we go our separate ways... so what was that commitment really worth anyway, if it can be dissolved so easily?