2 good 2 be true for the BOAR to ever go, this is just for B in Sharing 4-3-0!!

Started by MelodyB, March 20, 2011, 05:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Hectic day today.  Good thing I took a lunch that wouldn't weigh me down.  I took chocolate milk (with dutched cocoa, none of that cheap pseudo chocolate) two bananas and some oatmeal and blended them up.  Chocolate banana oat smoothie.  Just right for a quick lunch to keep me going.

What, you've never had chocolate oatmeal?  Chocolate covered bananas?  It tasted great!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Good grief, Mel. How much did you drug up the poor tyke? *lol*

Quote from: Babs on March 25, 2011, 09:00:39 PM
* Babs has almost figured out how to make a blackberry app for gp lol

I'd prefer a blackberry pie, thanks. ;)

Today... I'm thinking. And day-dreaming. And building castles in the sky. And thinking about blue and white and silver.

And wishing for spring weather. *lol*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

*attack HUGS* Ruby!

Let the record show that as SOON as I hit post and closed my computer, Parker woke up. So yeah. I didn't OD the kid.

I'm home and tired.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

*Isaac stumbles in.

Man I've got a headache that could stop a Mack truck.  I don't get them often, but when I do it's a doozy.  You know me, I never do anything halfway.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Did some school work tonight. Nothing much else going on around here. Finally a night with no major catastrophe this week.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on March 25, 2011, 11:45:32 PM

Today... I'm thinking. And day-dreaming. And building castles in the sky. And thinking about blue and white and silver.

Shrewby's been smoking dope, pass it on.  :smirk2:

Babs

Quote from: Chseeads on March 26, 2011, 02:40:56 AM

Shrewby's been smoking dope, pass it on.  :smirk2:

:chatter2:

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

taco_harvell

Good grief, Mel. How much did you drug up the poor tyke? *lol*

Quote from: Babs on March 25, 2011, 09:00:39 PM
* Babs has almost figured out how to make a blackberry app for gp lol

I'd prefer a blackberry pie, thanks. ;)

And wishing for spring weather. *lol*

Sounds like someone is planning an event. *cough*

Babs

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 25, 2011, 09:40:35 PM
:chatter:  Cheese has been to town again...

Exactly!  lol  I can't handle going out in society very much anymore! lol

So the recap:

I venture off to town, make an egg drop at the NH.

I then drop off a church telephone bill and go in Orscheln and get some fence pliers cause ours broke on me the other day, and a couple chick feeders.

Then I take a church deposit to the bank.  Then I stop and get a new jug of water for the water cooler at church, then I go to Menards and shop for chicken breeding pen supplies.

Walk in the door and here "Hey Seth" and this goofy guy from the church up the road proceeds to yammer to me for a spell like a magpie.

So then I shop and shop and shop for my junk....I get what stuff they have inside the store, and place my order for the stuff out back.  When I look at my receipt, I see the 1x4s I got inside didn't ring up like they should've.  So I tell the guy at the yard gate, and he says yadda yadda we can get that fixed, blah blah....  So he's sposed to radio to the guys in back and have somebody meet me to help load stuff. 

Well I pull back there to the roofing tin which I wanted to put in first, and wait till some kid finally pries himself away from what he's doing and I ask him to help me load it and ask him where some of the other stuff is.  They didn't no more act like they had been asked to help me load anything than the man in the moon.  Help me load the tin was all he did, I had to hunt and haul everything else my merry old self.  :-?

But, anyways, I asked him about the 1x4s and he looked at them and said that they were indeed what they were supposed to be, and not what the receipt said, which was cedar blah blah blah. 

Well after I get everything loaded with no help from any of the 15,000 people working there today, I go in and ask up front about the stupid 1x4s and the guy looks at one of the bar codes I pulled off and was like, yeah, that's cedar.  And I was like, well, ALLLL that stuff is in the same bin for just standard old 1x4s.  That didn't seem to make anybody care about anything.  So he's like well pull back up around front and change it out....

So I go back out and come back out of the lumber yard and pull out to the parking lot and stop a minute.

Get a call from my mom, a lady from church had called, her son was having a minor surgery today, something went wrong, they had to take him to the hospital (surgery was at a surgery center or something, not at hospital, was to be outpatient) because he wasn't breathing etc. etc. 

Wonderful! 

Right after that James calls and wants to pick his trailer (which is full of my supplies with me) up to haul a trencher to dig up his septic pipes and fix them.  I was going to unload everything when I got home, so no biggy, but this just adds to the dynamic.

So I sort through my stupid 1x4s, pick out the 6 that had a certain label on them, take them in.  The guy I talked to up front even goes "Are those cedar!?  They don't look like cedar, no wonder he (the guy out back) couldn't tell."  The whole issue here is that cedar are $3 more each than plain Jane, and they charged me for cedar.  BUT, as I stated 9,500 times, they had them all in the STANDARD RACKS....  But nobody seemed to care.  :smirk2:  There were 3 or 4 different brand names marked on the boards that were in there, so it's not like one stood out like it shouldn't be.  The cedar did look slightly different, but WHEN THEY WERE ALL IN THE STANDARD BIN TOGETHER why would one think they weren't!?!?  lol  (I think they should have just refunded me and let me keep what I had and FORGOT IT....but, no....couldn't be simple.  Had to make it a pain in my rear....  If the lady the first time had scanned one of the "regular" bar codes, I nor they would have ever known or thought anything of the fact that there was "cedar" in the mix..."

ANYWAYS....

So I go back there and have to dig UNDER ALL THE "CEDAR" and find 6 plain replacements.

Get back up there, and by this time I am just tired of it all.  My hands were bleeding and everything else. lol

The guy is having issues keeping things straight, and was confused why I just had 6 pieces (instead of all 18), oh, okay, only 6 were "cedar"....  And so then he's like, "Okay, so I don't owe you anything then..."

I almost pulled his head off at the neck at this point.  lol  I don't know if it was noticeable to him, or only me, but I was quick to bark out that "YES YOU DO!"  lol 

So he refunds me, and gives me cash back, and by this time my brain has exploded and I had to make sure that he was giving me the difference and not the whole amount.  And yes, all was well.

SO ANYWAYS....

I come home, unload my stuff in the garage, looks like I have enough to build God only knows what...hopefully a chicken pen.  lol

Do a few bird things real quick, grab a bite to eat, cause I've only snacked on junk and this has taken ALLLLLLLL blesseddddd dayyyyyy...........

So then I go back to town to the hospital.  He was still on the ventilator, had just beforehand had a bad round of some sort.  His mom was all flustered.  So I wait around with them, and eventually they took the tubes out of him and everything, as his tests were looking good.  And he was very chipper and looked so much better and everything.  So everybody was much relieved.  What had happened was his tongue had obstructed his airway, he'd inhaled fluid into his lungs, and so forth and so on...  The anesthesiologist was there while I was there and said in all his 25 years or however much of work he'd never had that happen to anybody he was working on. 

ANYWAYS....  So came home from there, tended fowl and such, finally had something else to eat.

AND TYPED THIS NOVEL.

* Chseeads leaves a cookie for whoever reads this.

Babs

My latest blog post.

taco_harvell

At least your life is not boring Seth. :-)

Sounds like it is time to find a new place to buy building supplies though. lol

Babs

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

It's usually fine.  Today was just a terror.  lol 

When I was getting stuff inside the store I did have an employee or two ask if I needed anything and I was fine at that point...or so I thought.

But everybody working out in the lumberyard out back was about has useful as a teat on a boar.

Appropriate statement for this sharing thread.

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 26, 2011, 03:22:52 AM
At least your life is not boring Seth. :-)

Sounds like it is time to find a new place to buy building supplies though. lol
Yeah for real.  If I worked there I'd either go nuts trying to figure out where a customer's stuff is, or finally just give up, stop caring and default to lazy mode myself.  But if they're ever hiring and you want an easy, no stress job that seems like a good one if you can get on there.  :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Chseeads

And it's just gonna get worse from here on out...cause now I have to actually BUILD this pen.  LOL

Tricia Lea

:pound: :pound:  shouldnt have got started on another game lol Mousehunt seems addicting

hugs Seth, Things will get better

Chseeads

Lynx

Well if I were there after about halfway through that novel I would have been tempted to start having fun with it...  Nothing malicious mind you, but opportunities abound in situations like that.  :teeth:

Of course if I were in a hurry to get somewhere by a certain time it would be different.  I'd be  :pound: people to get the lead out of their tails and wouldn't have time to take advantage of the many opportunities for having fun with I-don't-care lazy people.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Chseeads on March 26, 2011, 03:36:45 AM
Yes...when the Amish come....

I thought you were going to be more like Pa Kettle and exploit the natives. Opps, I mean find some Indian friends. lol

Babs

My latest blog post.