News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

The beginning of the Investigation / Trial of the Chief Instigator

Started by Roscoe, November 09, 2010, 11:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Quote from: Sis on November 11, 2010, 07:35:36 AM
I don't play bingo. I don't fall asleep during exciting things like trials. Have never fallen asleep watching L & O! HUMPH!!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

(Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2, line 254)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

Methinks not enough.  I have other problems. Don't give me any more, please.

Roscoe

Ok, after a bit of being sidelined with minor jurisdictional issues, I have once more began work on the "Newsman" matter. I shall endeavor to provide you with all of the incriminating evidence possible, although I may require a little more time for this case than I had originally planned, due to the overwhelming amount of said evidence.

Speaking of this case, it seems that THE DEFENDANT may have had a premonition that eventually justice would catch up with him. In the " Nunya Business w/SippinTea "  thread ( September 18, 2007), he speaks resignedly with this statement- "Nay, there is no defense against the truth."

I should like to take this opportunity, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, to remind THE DEFENDANT of this statement and of the previously extended offer of settlement. In the interest of justice, we would be pleased to accept a negotiated plea of the inevitable. :lol:

**Until I have received an acceptance of this offer, we shall continue with  the investigation.**
We find that in this thread a wealth of evidence of THE DEFENDANT'S misconduct. For example, apparently THE DEFENDANT experienced a few days of slight infatuation with Lady Ruby, who we've recently found has  many aliases (example- "Snoogy"), as numerous times in said thread he refers to Lady Ruby as "Dahling".

Then, on December 19, 2007 in the same thread he rather coldly admits that he is quite the playa *direct quote here*- "Ah, but I'm wise in the ways of women".

A short time later, on January 8, 2008, in a welcome thread, THE DEFENDANT , to his credit, does indeed warn a newcomer of his snake-in-the-grass tactics, in as clear an admittance of guilt in reference to his manipulating ways that anyone could hope for- again, *direct quote here* " I have been known to quote and misquote on occasions (generally, but not exclusively limited to; Monday though Friday, weekends, and holidays!)"

Once again, premonition was at work for THE DEFENDANT on February 2,2008, he forsees the Chicken King's infatuation with Lady Mel and quickly steps in to place his brand on Lady Mel- Quote-" As to the culinary attributes of the fruits involved, I do not care for seth at all, and like succulent peaches very well."

As I do not wish to tire or bore my distingushed jurors (somebody wake up Sis, aka the ancient wise one), I will close for the evening, and wish you all a good night.
:waving: :waving:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

Sorry, when you said 'the ancient wise one' 'Morla, the ancient One' - Neverending Story, popped into my head.

*coninues to watch thread with interest* :popcorn:
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: upcchris on November 17, 2010, 02:34:26 AM
Sorry, when you said 'the ancient wise one' 'Morla, the ancient One' - Neverending Story, popped into my head.

*coninues to watch thread with interest* :popcorn:

Well... There is one of two plausible explanations... Either they are twin sisters... Or like Seth... Sis has an alter-ego! Lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

:lol: You better hope Sis doesn't know who Morla, the ancient one is or we might both get clobbered! :couch:

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Tina~Chris

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: upcchris on November 18, 2010, 06:19:27 AM
:lol: You better hope Sis doesn't know who Morla, the ancient one is or we might both get clobbered! :couch:

:laughhard:   Ahh... nonsense!  I would just call Falkor to come rescue us! But don't expect me to sing "A Whole New World" to you as we fly away... It is way to high of a key for my Bass voice!   :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

Dear Newsman...

I don't care what they say, I still think you are an awesome dude, and one of the best examples of a Gentleman that I have seen in a long time! Thank you for being who you are! :grin: Even if it means you pick on me at times, I know that you are not malicious in your teasing.
You have made my day brighter many times from the Yankee Bear series, and even the investigations.

Thank you for being you!
~ Chel
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on November 18, 2010, 06:54:31 AM
Dear Newsman...

I don't care what they say, I still think you are an awesome dude, and one of the best examples of a Gentleman that I have seen in a long time! Thank you for being who you are! :grin: Even if it means you pick on me at times, I know that you are not malicious in your teasing.
You have made my day brighter many times from the Yankee Bear series, and even the investigations.

Thank you for being you!
~ Chel

I *think* she was paid to say that... or was offered to be featured in less of his *future* investigations...   :laughhard:   Now back to our investigation of Newsman...   :P

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Dear Newsman...

Thank you for being you!
~ Chel

Dear misguided, paid advertiser- We all agree that he is an awesome dude. We are just enjoying exposing some of his- uhhh, quirks. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Hmm... One thing I learned in photography is that once an image is exposed... to bring more light to the subject creates problems with overexposure, and causes the image to appear unlike the original- so much so, you can't see what it really is in the rendition that you create.

:grin: I will leave you to ponder if this comment is related or not. :evilgrin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on November 18, 2010, 01:27:13 PM
Hmm... One thing I learned in photography is that once an image is exposed... to bring more light to the subject creates problems with overexposure, and causes the image to appear unlike the original- so much so, you can't see what it really is in the rendition that you create.

Now you've got me worried. :lol: What kind of evil Frankenstein will Newsman morph into? And will everyone blame me? (probably). Will Scott banish me for overexposing John?  Hmmm.... Things to ponder. :lol:

Newsman

Fair Lady,

Thank you for these comments...I treasure the sincere compliments of a Lady.

John/IBOB  :waving:

Dear Newsman...

Thank you for being you!
~ Chel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 18, 2010, 02:04:00 PM
Quote from: sunlight on November 18, 2010, 01:27:13 PM

Now you've got me worried. :lol: What kind of evil Frankenstein will Newsman morph into? And will everyone blame me? (probably). Will Scott banish me for overexposing John?  Hmmm.... Things to ponder. :lol:

I think it is more like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...   :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

Quote from: YooperYankDude on November 18, 2010, 06:31:10 AM
Quote from: upcchris on November 18, 2010, 06:19:27 AM

:laughhard:   Ahh... nonsense!  I would just call Falkor to come rescue us! But don't expect me to sing "A Whole New World" to you as we fly away... It is way to high of a key for my Bass voice!   :biglaugh:

you'd be more likely sing the Neverending Story theme by Limahl...but that's even higher... :sing:

Overexposure :nono: be careful what you ask...because once you learn a fact it is nearly impssible to unlearn it...no matter how much you may want to...there's no danger of overexposure if you phrase your questions right...

Re: Newsman and five-oh...which one is Jekyll and which one is Hyde? :couch:

Tina~Chris

Roscoe

Well, Thanksgiving has passed and the holiday break is over. Before going any further in this investigation, I would like to publically give thanks- to THE DEFENDANT for giving me so much evidence of his true nature.  :biglaugh:
Having said that, I feel that it is time to get back to work, so here we go...  :thumbsup2:

In October of 07, THE DEFENDANT admits that he is attempting to avoid any detection by boasting that "..I memorize a lot of things..less incriminating evidence lying around, ya know?" This plainly shows, once again, his willful intent of concealing his true nature.

In April of 2008, THE DEFENDANT shows that true friendship means little to him when he offers to accept applications for Nwlife a potential spouse- and admits that he plans to "... process the applications, and promise not to skim off for my own use more than three applications per week."
Not only does this show his disdain for friendship, but marks him as a "PLAYA"-three applications (and potential dates) a week?!? :roll:

However, in THE DEFENDANT (AKA BIGDADDY)'S  favor,it was decided in another thread that he would make a good father- possibly a good thing, being the playa that he seems to be. :laughhard:

And, as further proof of his "playahood" I offer this statement-  " ...If the kissing is done properly, that should, of course, also take care of the touching the shoulder and running the fingers through the woman's hair, all at the same time!"

It was difficult to stay focused once I found the GP meetup thread. There were so many pieces of evidence that it was impossible to keep track of them all, so I'll just post a few here and let you draw your own conclusions,i.e.

"Oh, and the stroll down a country lane in the dark Thursday night with Lady Elona was something, as well! "

In reference to the "bustamove"... "However, she may have been more than a little traumatized by the site of a huge man wearing a Keebler hat advancing on her as she's trapped in a corner!"

admitting his playahood once more... "  Better get that cough tended to, Lady Ash, or people will think you caught it from me, smooching at the meetup..."

hugging all available ladies present..."« on: July 01, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »
*Hugs Lady Elona*
*Hugs Lady Ash*
*Hugs Lady Chel*
*Hugs Lady Wooby*
*Hugs Lady Sandra*
*Hugs Lady Ash again*"  - fickle playa, from Lady Elona to Lady Ash-twice!  :o

After careful review, I feel that the evidence that has been presented is more than enough to prove that THE DEFENDANT is, as has been previously stated, a snake in the grass hiding his true colors.  Those colors being that he is a playa that  crushes innocent ladies' hopes and dreams and will misquote innocent folk at will if it will further his personal agenda. :lol:

I would request that you, the jury, go easy on THE DEFENDANT, as during the investigation, I discovered a previously unknown  (to me) truth- Despite all evidence notwithstanding, THE DEFENDANT seems to be a big teddy bear with an unusual tender streak towards children. Therefore, he cannot be all bad. In view of this, should you the jury decide to simply find him guilty of misrepresentation and being sneaky, the prosecution would feel vindicated. I would suggest that, in the spirit of the holidays, he be simply given probation.

This investigation, I feel, has shown THE DEFENDANT that he will be watched, and therefore should serve as a deterrant for any future missteps that he might make.   :nono: In light of this, no matter your decision, dear jury, the prosecution feels this to have been a worthwhile endeavor. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, THE PROSECUTION RESTS.

Sincerely, "five-oh",  underpaid, overworked guardian of truth and justice. :waving: :waving:

Newsman

And so the clock begins. I will begin putting thoughts to notes as to me defense. As the persecution took some added time, I reserve the right to do the same.

I may also post in phases, as the persecution has.

I Remain,
John/Newsman  :waving:
Grumpyest of the Grumpye
Champion of the Elder Bachelors Council
Innocent Bachelor of Broadcasting

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

LOL!  Good Job BOB!

Quote from: Newsman on November 28, 2010, 05:16:32 AM
And so the clock begins. I will begin putting thoughts to notes as to me defense. As the persecution took some added time, I reserve the right to do the same.

I may also post in phases, as the persecution has.

I Remain,
John/Newsman  :waving:
Grumpyest of the Grumpye
Innocent Bachelor of Broadcasting

LOL!  Yay... this keeps getting more interesting... lol!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Newsman

Greetings Unto the members of this website!

This is the first installment of my defense against accusations raised by one 'Five-oh", self-styled prosecutor and investigator in a case against your longtime Chef Investigator.
   In my initial notice, I posted I would;
"*awaits the end of the alleged prosecutor's case, and respondent will argue venue, jurisdiction, conflict of interest, abuse of authority under color, of law, conspiracy, prosecutorial misconduct, and more, specifically related to one "five-oh', address other co-conspirators, request indictments against all of same, and refute unfounded charges against respondent, with such response being filed in the court of public opinion within a fortnight of when five-oh (and his silent co-conspirators) announces he rests what he laughingly has called his 'case'*"
   Thus, in order, we begin the respondent's arguement
+ Venue: The place for this case has been put before the members of this website, but five-oh has already been deserted those he purports to care for: recall his statement "
"I would request that you, the jury, go easy on THE DEFENDANT, as during the investigation, I discovered a previously unknown  (to me) truth- Despite all evidence notwithstanding, THE DEFENDANT seems to be a big teddy bear with an unusual tender streak towards children. Therefore, he cannot be all bad. In view of this, should you the jury decide to simply find him guilty of misrepresentation and being sneaky, the prosecution would feel vindicated. I would suggest that, in the spirit of the holidays, he be simply given probation."

Yet, earlier in the same thread, we see where he has written regarding Scott: "after all, you're actually the only one I have to convince"

This, from one who describes himself as an "underpaid, overworked guardian of truth and justice"

This, from a man who purports to be a presenter of fact?

Much more to follow

John/Newsman
Grumpyest of the Grumpye
Innocent Bacheklor of Broadcasting

Roscoe

LOL! * five-oh bites tongue and awaits patiently for rebuttal opportunity *

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 30, 2010, 02:12:12 AM
LOL! * five-oh bites tongue and awaits patiently for rebuttal opportunity *

LOL

Good intro John... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Hmmmm..... Let's just bump this to the top to *remind* a certain defendant that he is still being watched - even though his posting has slowed as of late.  :hypocrite:

(We do miss your witty comments, Sir John.)

:cophat: