News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

'Min(n)i(e) OK Meetup

Started by Newsman, November 03, 2008, 01:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Greetings!

I went up last evening and visited the evening service where Minnie, Chellebelle, Okieoliveoyl and Lance go to church..afterwards, Minnie and Chelleebelle, their pastor and his wife (very nice folks), all their collective children and myself went out to eat.

First of all, the children at their church have also apparently failed to get all the notices, memos, and horror stories about me being the Grumpyest of the Grumpye.. Jeremy and Michelle's little boy (who I would think should barely remember me,) came right up and hugged me immediately after service last evening.. Jennifer (Okieoliveoyl)'s little boy kept an eye on me much of the service, as did someone's pretty little blond haired girl.. the one child that absolutely would NOT look at me, despite Jennifer trying to get her to, was their newborn daughter..who kept her eyes locked on Mom, while I was over there talking to them.

Both Jeremy and Michelle, and Jennifer and Lance, all seemed to be doing well. Jeremy, his pastor and I traded a few stories, as we ate some good food at a local place there.

John  :waving:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

SippinTea

*scratches head* Oh yeah. I guess I had a name change. Or something.

:beret:

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Sis

After spending that much time with Mini, he will never be the same again.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Newsman on November 03, 2008, 01:43:21 PM
Greetings!

I went up last evening and visited the evening service where Minnie, Chellebelle, Okieoliveoyl and Lance go to church..afterwards, Minnie and Chelleebelle, their pastor and his wife (very nice folks), all their collective children and myself went out to eat.

First of all, the children at their church have also apparently failed to get all the notices, memos, and horror stories about me being the Grumpyest of the Grumpye.. Jeremy and Michelle's little boy (who I would think should barely remember me,) came right up and hugged me immediately after service last evening.. Jennifer (Okieoliveoyl)'s little boy kept an eye on me much of the service, as did someone's pretty little blond haired girl.. the one child that absolutely would NOT look at me, despite Jennifer trying to get her to, was their newborn daughter..who kept her eyes locked on Mom, while I was over there talking to them.

Both Jeremy and Michelle, and Jennifer and Lance, all seemed to be doing well. Jeremy, his pastor and I traded a few stories, as we ate some good food at a local place there.

For a minute there, I thought John was inviting us all to OK again. ;)

Newsman

That will be coming soon.. I'll start another thread..but I even checked a bit  and mentioned it toi Chellebelle last evening.. she teaches, and spriung break might be a goiod time..or Memorial Day Weekend.. we were fortunate that our meetup was nice and cool by OK standards..our non-southern friends may find an earlier meetup more comfortable temperature-wise.

Who knows..there may be a couple of them who would hope for chilly huggle-type weather...

I'm also interested in seeing if folks would like to add a day, and make it a four night five day deal.

MelodyB

Unless I get a job, and soon, I wont be going ANYWHERE. :(

Newsman

I sowwy, Miss Melody.. any prospects?

MelodyB

I just put another App in online. As a maid in an Elem school. BLAH. But it is a job. And I need one. 

Newsman

Good luck, and I'll be remembeirng you in prayer.

No one was surprised that the little kidlings liked me so much?

MelodyB

PUHLEESE John... :roll:

No suprise. You try to kid folks, but it doesnt work. So stop already. :P

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 03, 2008, 07:12:11 PM
For a minute there, I thought John was inviting us all to OK again. ;)

Me too. Alas, he was not. :sadbounce:

That was one amazing week. :D

Quote from: Newsman on November 04, 2008, 01:54:18 AM
That will be coming soon.. I'll start another thread..but I even checked a bit  and mentioned it toi Chellebelle last evening.. she teaches, and spriung break might be a goiod time..or Memorial Day Weekend.. we were fortunate that our meetup was nice and cool by OK standards..our non-southern friends may find an earlier meetup more comfortable temperature-wise.

It's really funny this came up right now, 'cause I was talking to my mom yesterday and told her I wished you'd make the OK meetup an annual event. I can't even tell you how relaxing and fun that week was. :)

Who knows..there may be a couple of them who would hope for chilly huggle-type weather...

*cough*

I'm also interested in seeing if folks would like to add a day, and make it a four night five day deal.

I'd be open to that. Work and family plans permitting...

:beret:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

mini

I was gonna be ornery and post to some old thread, and saw this one.  I think this was when I was posted when I was taking a hiatus from the internet in general...

Anyways, 3 years after the fact, Im glad we got to see you that night John.  And you are welcome any time!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

okieoliveoyl

this threw me for a loop...i was like....i'm not recalling this. Until I looked at the date. lol

maybe it's time for another mini meetup?

and if you wait till about the first part of December it'll be with a new kiddo in the Jennifer/Lance family! :)
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Newsman

Thanks! I need to come back up that way and pester y'all!

There _might_ be some _potential_ that I _might_ ask a Lady out this season!

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on October 08, 2011, 09:27:00 PM
Thanks! I need to come back up that way and pester y'all!

There _might_ be some _potential_ that I _might_ ask a Lady out this season!

:eyebrow:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison