News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

America's Best Dance Crew

Started by Kyle, March 21, 2008, 04:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Was wondering if anyone has been following America's Best Dance Crew around here? 

If you haven't you should check it out.  It's been running since February 7th on MTV.  What it is a competition where dance crews from all over the US have come together to compete for the title of America's Best Dance Crew.  It's a great show.  The judges are Shane Sparks, Lil Mama, and JC Chasez from N'SYNC.

I have and I hoping that the Jabbawockeez win it all!  Status Quo didn't even deserve to be in the final.  I and I think the majority of people watching was hoping for a Jabbawockeez v. Kaba Modern final cause these two groups have the skills and the moves to compete in a legendary dance battle.  To bad people thinking that jumping flips and doing chaotic moves are more worthy of America's Best Dance Crew then actual skills.

GO JABBAWOCKEEZ!!!!!!!!!!
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

Q-tip

I was pulling for the Jabbawockeez too. 

My favorites were:

Episode 1-  http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583841&vid=208177

Episode 3- The superman at the end of the performance was pretty cool. - http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583841&vid=211587

Can't find the one with the forever head spin.

Anyway, I am glad they won.

///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

Tsalagi

c'mon, guys, I watched the video expecting some talent.  THIS is all we got?

Oh p'leeeze...  :roll:

Q-tip

http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF%252F0%252F15%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf
  :-\

I suppose I am easily entertained.

It was their choreography that was so captivating.  At least compared to the other groups.

As for the head spin.....it is at the end of this clip.
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583319&vid=217727
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

Kaylyn95

JABBAWOCKEEZ they are so awsome i was hoping they would win.i loved zero gravity.

LeahMarie

I enjoyed watching Jabbawockeez.. I would like to know where they got their name.. It's odd
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Kyle

I am glad the Jabbawockeez won over Status Quo.  I personally feel the final should have been between Jabbawockeez and Kabba Modern.  Those two crews knew how to work it.  I also think that BreakSk8t should have came in third, even though I was rooting for them to win the competition.  Dancing on skates is hard, though I know they lost on purpose cause they got Dreamgirls pulled as their Broadway dance and they just danced their own way cause they knew they weren't gonna dance it how the judges wanted it.  I mean come on, five guys dancing to Dreamgirls?  I would have lost on purpose as well.   However, what I think could have game them some points was if they did the dance off their skates and showed everyone they could dance on their feet just as well as they could dance on their skates.  Status Quo should have got bumped a long time ago.  Course their big story was how they came from Boston and had no way to get back home should they get knocked out of the competition and that had some factor in it as the judges and hosts constantly made mention of that.

I caught wind of the show the night that Live in Color got dropped in Episode 4, with Fysh n Chicks proceeding to the next round.  Those girls had good choreography, but the tap dance shown in Episode 4 which caused them to beat Live in Color seemed rushed in my opinion.  I also liked the way they did Billi Jean in Episode 5, but BreakSk8t tore it up with their version of Beat It and I was upset big time that they got put in the bottom two with Kabba Modern in Episode 6, cause they did an excellent Thriller as well.  Status Quo should have been on the bottom in Epsiode 7 but when they announced that Kabba Modern and Jabbawockeez were in the bottom two, I knew Jabba was going to do it, and then when they threw in that "3 Minute Headspin" and worked the crowd the way they did, I knew Kabba was out.  The Jack in the Box encore by Status Quo was chaotic and terrible in my opinion.  I was never satisfied with them the entire season.  All they did was jump around and flip for about 75% of their dances and any team can do that.  The Red Pill was just fantastic and I was happy that Jabba won the competition.  I also enjoyed the dances by region.  They were all good, and yes even the Status Quo\Iconic dance was good, only because Iconic was dancing more then Status Quo was.

Overall I was impressed with the season, can't wait to see Season 2 in the summer and start my bracket.
Stupidity is a global epidemic.