News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Anyone Ever Been To Disney World?

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, April 10, 2008, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

I want to plan a trip to disney world and my hubby doesnt seem to care anything about it. I've been on the Disney site and I've been checking out all the attractions and resorts. Neither one of us has ever been, and I heard it was fun at Christmas.  He's like BAHUMBUG.

He sees it as alot of wasted money. True, it will cost alot of money. But I see it as a  honeymoon and a much needed vacation. We've worked most of our married lives and havent really got off together to do anything FUN since our honeymoon. However,  both of our jobs have really slowed down to the point that it's scary, it looks like that dream is shot anyway. haha

But I still like to plan on it and think of how much fun I'd have. I think that if he ever got down there, he would perk up on the idea cause there are some things down there that look like a whole lotta FUN!! I feel a little disappointed cause he doesnt 'share the love'  on this idea.  :pound:

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this same situation?

rapunzelgirl

Mrs. Yosemite,

DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon, and it was awesome.  Neither of us had ever been and it was a wonderful experience.  We definitely want to go back.  It's impossible to see everything on just one trip unless you went for like a month.  So, you'll have to figure out the things you absolutely must see, and weed out the things you don't care that much about.

I've heard it's really cool at Christmas, but you should know that that is their BUSIEST time ever, so it's super-crowded.  It might be a little better to go in an off-season since if your DH is not interested anyway, he really won't want to fight crowds, too.

Some tips from a BTDT person...we flew and didn't rent a car.  It was perfect.  We used the Disney shuttles all week and had a very nice transfer from the airport to our resort (we stayed at the Port Orleans-French Quarter).  We definitely did not miss a car.  Also, if you have room in your luggage pack a couple of boxes of granola bars/pop tarts and maybe some bottled waters.  Or take bottles with you to fill at water fountains in the park.  If it's at all warm you will go through gallons of water while you're there, and Disney is very good about letting you bring a little knapsack with snacks and drinks into the park with you.  Trust me, you'll save tons of $$$.  If you go in the summer months you WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED one of those fold-up poncho things.  We bought ours in a gift shop on the first day there.  A rainstorm came every afternoon, but they were over quickly.  So, if you want to look like everyone else buy a yellow one with Mickey on the back, or if you want to be prepared pick up a couple at Target before you go on your trip.  They fold up nicely in your little knapsack.

HTH...Disney world has something for almost everyone, so maybe try to find some things that would interest your DH to get him involved.  :thumbsup2:

sunlight

rapunzelgirl! your avatar is so cute! is that your daughter? tooo cute!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

rapunzelgirl

:lol: Actually it's me.  I don't have any kids yet!

Thanks!

Kyle

Disney World is a blast.  Enough said.  Period.  End of Discussion.  Go now!

Anyways, should you go to Disney World, you would benefit to ride the Small World exhibit.  Kiddish, yes, childish yet, but it is a stale of the Magic Kingdom.  On a more serious note though about the Small World ride:

The Small World ride is a ride that features points of the world from all over, but there is a terrible secret about the Small World ride.  It employees children, not robots.  All those figures you see dancing and singing representing each world culture is a real actual child.  Disney employees children from all over the world, and yes the USA also, to come for a year and work for them as dancers and singers to wow audiences from all over the world.  They live in huts behind their respective exhibits and given a daily allowance of food and water and are at times allowed to roam the park, but this is done rarely.  Next time you see smiling, shouting, running, screaming kids through Disney World, do not smile and laugh with them, they make be a worker at the Small World ride and are only experiencing freedom for the few hours they can before they must go back to the slave pen known as Small World.  So please before you ride this ride, remember the children.
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

Kyle

Quote from: rapunzelgirl on April 14, 2008, 04:55:19 PM

Thanks!

You still look scary even today. :P

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Kyle

rapunzelgirl

Quote from: Hat on April 14, 2008, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: rapunzelgirl on April 14, 2008, 04:55:19 PM

Thanks!

You still look scary even today. :P

Haha...very funny.

EricShane

I heart Disney!

that place was fun

Heres a Hint, Go when the Park first Opens Up, and Meet at the Castle... you'll see the show of a lifetime! - I spent like an Hour with Ariel... lol.. she loved my Shirt, and she made me sit on the Float with her, during the Parade... She also Loved my name "Eric" she kept calling me, Her Prince Eric... lol...

also, Stitches Great Escape was awesome! and The Nemo Ride! and... Epcot is awesome!!! I always Eat the Chicken Wrap in the Little Resteraunt in Morroco... its my fav!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Mrs. Yosemite

Thank you all for the info and useful tips. lol I am really looking forward to it. I think I might try going around the 1st week of December. If I cant, I may postpone it till the next spring. Gotta have time to save up some $$$$. I know I would enjoy it. My mom went a few years ago and she still talks about is the Small World ride. I have been fixing up my favorites list from the Disney World site. lol Looks like we might have to stay for a whole week.