News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

What do you find humorous?

Started by Sis, August 22, 2008, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

I find many things humorous. Gotta think a bit to narrow it down.

Tricia Lea

SippinTea

word plays
kids
sarcastic humor (but only when it's not a disguise for meanness)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

I don't know why I had to think because I'm always saying that children are the greatest source for humor. They take things so seriously and they're trying to figure out the world around them and sometimes they get it wrong. LOL 

Cosby and before him it was Art Linkletter who brought the thoughts of kids to the public through their shows and books.

Scott

Quote from: Sis on August 22, 2008, 06:11:19 PM
I find many things humorous. Gotta think a bit to narrow it down.

People.

Life is a human circus full of insane people to keep me entertained
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MelodyB

I find some of the threads of GP quite humorous.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Respect-o-wiggle...THAT I find humorous!! I have laughed at that over and over and over again, and I am laughing again now thinking about it!

Ashlee

MelodyB

Haha! Its from the book "The Silver Chair" One of the chronicles of Narnia. It was the absoulte funniest part of any book I have ever read. I have never read a book and laughed out loud like that, and all I have to do is THINK about it, and I STILL laugh...you would have to read it I guess...but anyone who has read it will know what I am talking about!

sunlight

what page is it on? I'll go get my copy and look, but i sure dont remember it... :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Ashlee

I found it humorous today when two of the kids at the school went at it.  One girl decided she didn't want to share her toys so she tackled a by and socked it to him. lol.  They're only about 4

MelodyB

Sorry Chel, I just saw this and I dont have my book with me. Its when Puddleglum is with the giants and he gets tipsy (or pretends to) that whole part made me laugh soooo hard. I will say that I remember it is at the end of a chapter the very last couple of paragraphs, and it ends on the right hand side of the pages. Maybe that will help you to find it. 

sunlight

ohhh yeahhhhhh! :lol:

i remember now...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

The Purple Fuzzy

When I worked in Jr High, some of the kids were talking about using model's photos on their profile online instead of their own and of course saying they were older than they really were.  No wonder kids get in so much mess.

Sis

I don't like that age in the first place. I mean to work with, in church as "friends" that's fine. They are stuck with one foot in the adult world and one foot in the child's world and you don't know what's going to happen one day to the next with them.