Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 03, 2023, 02:50:46 PMIt's too early for my brain to process all those "past you and future yous"
If police officer Bobby pulled over parole officer Bobby for speeding, police officer Bobby would be sadly disappointed in parole officer Bobby. Police officer Bobby would have to give parole officer Bobby a speeding ticket.

Or in either Bobby's own words, he'd win an award.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on July 03, 2023, 10:23:32 PMWait, what? Y'all plan to get wet and make others wet, but a little rain stops the show?

Was the lightning that stopped the show. Didn't want to chance having someone get hit by lightning.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 03, 2023, 10:25:40 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 03, 2023, 02:50:46 PMIt's too early for my brain to process all those "past you and future yous"
If police officer Bobby pulled over parole officer Bobby for speeding, police officer Bobby would be sadly disappointed in parole officer Bobby. Police officer Bobby would have to give parole officer Bobby a speeding ticket.

Or in either Bobby's own words, he'd win an award.  :teeth:
Welll......since I 1) became police in part so I wouldn't GET those awards...and 2) have always been a speed nut, and 3) RARELY wrote speeding tickets, the past me would probably challenge the present me to a race to see if my 'vette is faster than the squad car.
Not that I ever found that out with a coworker..:hypocrite:
Rusty is giving me a headache.
Also managed to get Sam's fender's somewhat lined up. Tomorrow, I might bolt them down for good and begin some more sanding, with an eye towards paint within the next month or so....
I've got to get one of the trucks on the road. Before I do something real stupid like go buy a normal truck/car.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

*sigh

And here all this time I thought you became a police officer just to be a stalwart upholder of the law.

Y'know all those ways I said you were like my uncle Fred? That's one way you're not. He still calls me Batman, because of how (he thinks) I drive.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I have done come up with a new tradition I'm gonna call Hidden Horn Day. It'll be July fifth.

All the people what couldn't sleep July fourth will instead go crawling through the bushes hiding noisemakers. These noisemakers will be set to go off about 6am on July fifth, or some maybe 6:30 or 6:45.

This could be more or less personal - some might hide the noisemakers in the fireworks shooters' houses, depending on how upset a person is about being kept awake and how much a person knows about the offending person's personal security system. Probably won't have to worry about the fireworks guy's dog though. He's off hiding in the basement.

July fifth the noisemakers go off and the fireworks people gotta get up and find and silence them. This could be a whole subcategory of fun, depending on how easy or hard it is to reach the hiding places.

After it catches on we'll have the usual amazon.com choice - do we want a few high quality, VERY loud noisemakers or do we want a lot of cheap chinese so-so noisemakers for the same money?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:biglaugh:  :biglaugh:

:hi:
Lord. I am OVER today. Bipolar Clients are puching my buttons. I need God. And when I walked into the church a few ago to turn the air on for tonight- He was there. I didn't want to leave...I hope that spirit lingers until tonight. I need that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

No church tonight here. We're doing the pop social/cookout tonight.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2023, 02:17:28 PMThank de Lawd it is Friday, even if it is hot enough to grill a steak to medium rare on the sidewalk.
I heard tell that Gabriel asked God what he was cooking. God told him "Arkansas". Gabriel told Him "I think you've burned it".  :lol:

So in Arkansas we stayed on Holiday Island - Near Eureka Springs. Holiday Island has like a golf course and a rec center. Where you can do mini golf, tennis, the pool etc. We went to ask about tennis and the lady was like are you sure? It's sooooo hot. We were like we're from Texas...this is normal heat LOL

Arkansas was great btw. We loved the mountains.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 05, 2023, 08:21:38 PMSo in Arkansas we stayed on Holiday Island - Near Eureka Springs. Holiday Island has like a golf course and a rec center. Where you can do mini golf, tennis, the pool etc. We went to ask about tennis and the lady was like are you sure? It's sooooo hot. We were like we're from Texas...this is normal heat LOL

Arkansas was great btw. We loved the mountains.
I hope y'all didn't wear long sleeves. That would be just showing off.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Had a great time last night at the church cookout. A handful of us ganged up on Pastor at the end of the water balloon fight and completely drenched him with super soakers and buckets of water. He says he knows now what he's preaching on Sunday.  :laughhard:

Roscoe

Nelle

Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 06, 2023, 02:47:40 PMHad a great time last night at the church cookout. A handful of us ganged up on Pastor at the end of the water balloon fight and completely drenched him with super soakers and buckets of water. He says he knows now what he's preaching on Sunday.  :laughhard:

Unity, right? LOL..

@Work.

This may be my last few days at work with Athena if Jeremy's meeting next Wednesday goes well! Or at least, I hope that means it'll be my last few hahahaha. I love her, I do. Just want her to do what she was trained for instead of being in a kennel behind me all day.

Headed to Arkansas tomorrow night. Tabby & Athena will be alone on Saturday at the house. Hopefully Tabby doesn't bully Athena while she's trapped in her kennel.

MsJennJenn

This week of work has been bliss with no boss. So easy. I'm thankful.

Still waiting on a message about a second interview. I'm dying over here. For context the position is on Aetna and they're hiring 15 people for the position. I have a friend who is in the department and she gave me an internal referral. I also referred my sis in law. She lost her job last year and finally got a job but she has to go back to an office now and she literally does nothing. Sits there all day. This position we've applied for is fully remote. She and I both got the first interview request at same time. It was a video/questionnaire type interview. She got the second request for the in-person (via video chat lol) last FRIDAY. And I haven't. So yea....seriously doubting everything at this point.

Finally followed thru with my "I need to talk to someone about my church trauma so I don't keep all of this anger" promise I made to myself. I had my first session today and it felt good to start to talk about it. I really like my counselor.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

So glad it's Friday. But also sad cus that means the boss comes back Monday. LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Just found out the lady doing the hiring for the job I'm waiting for is on PTO this week!! I feel so relieved now. That's probably why I haven't heard from them for the second interview!!  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Good luck, Jenn.
Fixed Kim's car tonight- she was complaining of a sloshing sound when she turned. Her a/c condensation line was clogged. A couple of minutes and a burst or two of compressed air and the problem was fixed.
My issues are never that easy.
In fact, while mowing tonight I discovered a water leak I have to fix..... :pound:

Lynx

If you didn't water it, you wouldn't have to mow it so much...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 08, 2023, 09:59:22 AMIf you didn't water it, you wouldn't have to mow it so much...
Definitely not an intentional watering. Fortunately it's not bad right now, so I can "schedule" a time to work on it.
Because a "right now" thing is nigh impossible.  :pound:
So, got a bit so far today.  Did a bit of work on Sam that had to be done while I could, and more important, got the church bus back in service. Had the help of my bus driver and one of my most faithful saints...couldn't have done it without them. Stupid Ford engineers.....did NOT make it easy.
Sigh. I was filthy after that so I came back to shower and change. Still need to go check on a sister in the hospital, turn the air on at church, prepare for tomorrow night, and pick up a couple of items.And it's already 4pm.... :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Got another storm coming through. It's blowing like crazy.

Lynx

So... A human, a twi'lek and a wookie walk into a bar.

The bartender looks up and says, "Wow, people are still playing KOTOR?"

I mean yeah, it's two decades old, but it's still fun. And my party is a human (lead character, can't ditch him for somebody more useful) a twi'lek (great at disarming mines, opening security locks, etc.) and a wookie (never make a wookie mad... He can totally wreck face) and we just walked into Javyar's Cantina.

I just feel like there should be a bad joke somewhere in this...
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Monday again. It was super gloomy this morning, but still no rain.

Played around with my new power washer this weekend. Did laundry. Got in my pool. Grocery shopped.
Def. not ready for it to be monday but anxious to hear about the job. Sigh  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Beautiful today. Not too hot, sunny, actually springlike weather. I did a little work on Sam, mowed the lawn, fixed the water leak, cooked dinner, test drove a potential vehicle purchase, paid a lot of bills, figured out a budget plan for the rest of the year (family) considered some improvements (church), went by the insurance office and upped the house insurance as we were underinsured, and handled umpteen phone calls. Much more to do. I have no time in my life to spare.  :pound:  :pound: