News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

And in sharing- Guess who got his work bragged on and held up as "the perfect example" in the area wide agency meeting today? Me, that's who. Made my day. When the boss started the conversation with-" And for violation reports, let's look at this one done today by Officer Moses.." I thought, "Oh dear Lord, I'm done."  She's not really known for praises, but actually has a bit of a reputation for picking things apart, sometimes for no apparent reason.
But she surprised me. Apparently I have found favor in her eyes. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Way to go Bobby! You deserve a cookie.

Wait... never mind. Don't want to ruin the diet. I'll eat the cookie for you.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on July 26, 2017, 02:26:19 PMOne of Robbie's African cichlids has babies...
I totally read that as "one of Robbie's African Chillun's.." LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Just taunted Sasquatch with pictures of a delicious rib dinner. So much for diets. And what is an "African cichlids"?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Dad's blood levels were absolutely, utterly terrible today. The plummeted even more than they were last week. So, he got to have his first blood transfusion today. Good news is, we definitely know we [me and him] have the same blood type. Granted I'm O- so I can donate to anymore, but it'll be cool if I can donate straight to him [which I can if this becomes a regular thing. I just go the week before.].

Now I'm home picking up after the world's messiest, most forgetful husband and trying to figure out how we are going to pay bills and survive the next 3 weeks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I always thought those cichlids things were flowers, but now I don't know. Guess I'll go google it.

Word googled. They're fish, a kind that is popular for aquariums. No meat on them at all, not worth frying up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 26, 2017, 06:36:56 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 26, 2017, 05:48:02 PMAnd what is an "African cichlids"?
:stupid:

Quote from: Lynx on July 27, 2017, 01:49:25 AMI always thought those cichlids things were flowers, but now I don't know. Guess I'll go google it.

Word googled. They're fish, a kind that is popular for aquariums. No meat on them at all, not worth frying up.

Yup. Pretty much. They are colorful small aquarium fish that are fun to watch because they chase each other around and have feeding frenzies when they are fed. They also carry their baby fish in their mouths while they develop, and then when they are born- they do so by spitting them out. :grin: how easy...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on July 19, 2017, 02:31:32 AM:jumping:  Wow! The taco has wandered back in!!

About time you came home..
And in sharing, Bro Wilson just called me as excited as a 10 year old with his first bb gun. Fred the '51 Ford , after five years of work and failed projects, came to life tonight. The mighty 5.3 Engine sure sounded good. I can't wait to see it on the road!
I figured when they made you admin everyone would get banned. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on July 25, 2017, 10:03:01 PMAnd in sharing- Guess who got his work bragged on and held up as "the perfect example" in the area wide agency meeting today? Me, that's who. Made my day. When the boss started the conversation with-" And for violation reports, let's look at this one done today by Officer Moses.." I thought, "Oh dear Lord, I'm done."  She's not really known for praises, but actually has a bit of a reputation for picking things apart, sometimes for no apparent reason.
But she surprised me. Apparently I have found favor in her eyes. :P
Low expectations around there? :ugly:  :ugly:  :ugly:  :ugly:

Lynx

Last night I picked up the boy I always pick up on the church bus route, and two of his friends came with him. This boy is physically fourteen but he looks ten and mentally he's about six. His friends are a bit younger than six.

During church I was thinking how nice it would be if we stopped by a convenience store on the way home and got an ice cream bar of some sort. Yeah, I could go for a choco taco and they could pick out whatever they wanted. It would be a nice treat (and I would be certain to explain that this is a rare occasion and if they ask if we can stop for ice cream next Sunday on the way home the answer would be no.)

What actually happened was the two boys were yelling at each other all the way home. NO WAY was I going to take them anywhere but home, as fast as ten-miles-over-the-speed-limit would allow. After I dropped them off I drove home enjoying the silence and saving a bit of money.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Social media is flooded with National Youth Congress.

SUPER glad I'm not there. SO many people. YIKES.  :noo:

Plusssssss my brother and sil come back for the first time from Indiana since they moved in April (?) EEEEK SO EXCITED!  :hyper:

And as of right now, no headache. First time in 7 days! Praying it stays that way all day. Feeling sluggish from the muscle relaxer still, but as long as no headache I can deal with sluggish! Please Lord!  :worship:  :heart:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Yes, I am glad I'm not there as well. I guess old age has set in..lol.. Finally got through this day, which totally should have been a Friday....:pound:

Heather

Dad is doing well and goes in for another check up tomorrow since his blood transfusion.

I like how everyone is bragging there are "34,000 youth worshipping" but from what I've seen it's 34,000 youth playing/videoing on/with their cell phones.

Roscoe

Urgh. A wet Friday. I really  shoulda called in today..LOL. Me and a good book would've sure been enjoyable.
We took Chey out to Colton's last night for her birthday dinner. Little mean thing is growing up- only 5 years from that coveted license and daddy needing to find an appropriate vehicle for her. :sadbounce:

MsJennJenn

Yesterday ended up turning into a no good bad day.

On the way home from church Wednesday night I noticed my battery light was on in my car.

So since I work from home, I don't really get out. But I had to get out Thursday afternoon to get a drug test for my promotion/raise at work. So I get out, go do that, and then am heading my Moms straight after.....and notice my tire pressure light comes on. I'm like that's weird? So feeling like something is about to go bad and quick.....I exit the freeway and take a side road down to go thru the airport where it's less freeway to get to Moms house. I get half way down that side road.....and MORE illumination lights come on in the dash.....I start F R E A K I N G out. I barely make it into a gas station right as I get to the airport (where I turn to merge into the freeway right near Moms house)....and I can literally barely turn my steering wheel....thankfully I get it into a parking spot while I am crookedly sitting.....and it all but almost dies. So I call Daddy.....help! 

He comes. Jumps the car. We barely pull out of the parking spot and it dies again. Thankfully insurance has free towing. So they come. Tow it to my car shop guy Samy.....it sits there overnight until today. Waiting on him to call. But per him last night, it's more than likely the alternator. It ran on the battery cus the alternator went out and ran on battery until I ran the battery out of juice. :roll:

SIGHHHH

But my brother comes from Indiana today. Brother hugs make everything better. :hug:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Thankful for dads and good insurance! haha..

Sitting at work. Headache yesterday, but not one today. Yay. I did manage to walk smack into a spider web this morning on the way to the car from the house. That spider deserved an award, but instead, I tore down half its web so that I could pass. From what I can tell, it anchored onto two spots on the garage, and then the other were blades of grass or something? The porch and a tree were way too far to be anchored to. I had to warn my husband to take the other route off the porch to avoid the web since he's terrified of spiders, haha. Not that I enjoy them either... I still feel like it's crawling on me. Hopefully I'll remember when I get home to watch out for it!

We're supposed to go tonight again to the ball game providing it's a moderate temperature and not raining. I just want some BBQ.. :D

MsJennJenn

Updates: Samy called today and he replaced the alternaor....then called an hour later and the battery is shot too. So more monies for that. Yay. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 28, 2017, 01:32:32 PMUrgh. A wet Friday. I really  shoulda called in today..LOL. Me and a good book would've sure been enjoyable.
We took Chey out to Colton's last night for her birthday dinner. Little mean thing is growing up- only 5 years from that coveted license and daddy needing to find an appropriate vehicle for her. :sadbounce:
Yup. Just five years and you'll be able to send her to the store when you need something. :D

One of the young ladies at my church was just a couple weeks from getting her license. She didn't seem too happy about it. I remarked this was rather against the norm and inquired about the reason for her lack of enthusiasm.

She demonstrated a better than average insight with her reply: "Cause mom will send me to the store for every little thing all the time." And for sure, that is what happened.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

worked yesterday. work today. work tomorrow. people excited for the weekend make me get angry eyes.

brandon went to work yesterday and was told that he was filling in at another store this coming week. also he was 'asked' that if it's ok with him, they were just going to transfer him to that store. it's nice because he was essentially chosen by the manager to go there and it's only 5 minutes from our house, but a bit of warning would have been nice. also, with hopping back and forth over state lines it's gonna make our taxes next year interesting.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well. I have done not much this weekend. Trimmed up some tree branches, mowed the yard, that kinda thing.  Drove Rusty some. But all in all, I did very little. Wish I could do very little again tomorrow, but alas, I shall be at work.

taco_harvell

I got an old IBook G4 reset and it runs like new. Well, as long as it plugged in. If Apple could fix the issues with batteries they might go somewhere...