Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 13, 2017, 10:42:42 AMSo it turns out Alli is not your ally?
At this point I would consider that we have a truce- but it could be considered an enemy. :lol:
It's doing exactly what it claims to do- just a tad more effectively than I expected.
 Off to Texarkana. Wish my coworker would hurry up and get here- I'm not fond of cutting it close. It's a three hour drive and we're to be there by ten....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2017, 11:15:07 AM
Quote from: Lynx on July 13, 2017, 10:42:42 AMSo it turns out Alli is not your ally?
At this point I would consider that we have a truce- but it could be considered an enemy. :lol:
It's doing exactly what it claims to do- just a tad more effectively than I expected.
 Off to Texarkana. Wish my coworker would hurry up and get here- I'm not fond of cutting it close. It's a three hour drive and we're to be there by ten....

What's it doing?! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Caught up on my homework.

Just ate a scrambled egg sandwich.  :fork:

Reallly wish I could nap. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2017, 11:15:07 AM

What's it doing?! lol
[/quote]
Well, without  being to graphic... it's causing me to develop an intensely person  relationship with a small designated room in my house that is known as a water closet in some cultures.
It claims to "block your system  from absorbing a pot of fat in the diet and causing it to be eliminated from the body"
I didn't think the elimination route through before taking it...lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Now follow that up with a can of sauerkraut. By the time you get over that you'll be one cleaned-out dude.

Or better yet, go out for mexi... nah, that would be overkill and might actually kill ya.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I've heard of many people who tried that Alli to make fast friends with their toilet. One lady I know would wear Depends just in case.

I got sunburnt yesterday at the campground.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

You could probably just take a bunch of laxative every day and achieve the same thing for cheaper.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 14, 2017, 01:43:17 AMYou could probably just take a bunch of laxative every day and achieve the same thing for cheaper.
I think I'll pass. No pun intended. LOL
I took today off. Got some things to do, one of which will be unpleasant. I gotta go tell the little Christian school Chey's gone to for the past 6 years that she won't be attending this year. I am certain we've made the right decision for Chey, and that's what is important, but I still feel disloyal and worried that the school may not survive. We are the 4th family I know of to pull our child out for this coming year and the school was already struggling, with around 13 kids.

MsJennJenn

Why are you pulling her out of it?!

So glad it's finally Friday! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Will she be homeschooling or going to a different school?

It's the start of my 2 horribly long days at work. There are only 3 of us and I'm the one who makes the schedule. I try to rotate the 2 others to be off on Friday or Saturday that way I can have Sundays off. Of course the one lady has complained because she has worked "every" sunday since the move back in March. Her Sunday shift is 4 hours, 5 at the longest. I politely reminded her that I've worked a 9 hour shift every Friday and Saturday since the same time with the exception of 1 Saturday and 2 sick days. Her complaining stopped rather quickly. I really try to keep everyone happy and even offered to switch her to the closer on Sundays but she hates to close. I told her pick what she hated more and I'll work around it.

Roscoe

Okay- Lengthy response here.....
Chey is going to be homeschooled, by a lady that is a close family friend who worked for the school for 14 years. Backstory- our friend was a kindergarten teacher there and taught Chey from kindergarten and assisted up until last year. When her daughter graduated, she quit and returned to college to finish her degree, which she had nearly had when she quit school to get married 25 years ago..
 Having accomplished that, she has been unable to find a job, and due to family circumstances, adopted a family member's little girl (just a bit younger than Chey.)
 When she left, a lot of the passion left too. In the last year, Chey has struggled and it didn't seem like staff were taking time to help her. Rather, it seemed she got "You know how to do that."... If you know anything about  the Accelerated Christian Education  (ACE) system, you know that each workbook, or PACE, builds on what the last taught you. And if you fail (less than 80% on a test), you take the PACE again until you know it and pass the test.
 Last year, Chey failed a couple of Math PACES- it's not her best subject, but even so, she's always gotten "A's".
They really ticked me off, because while she was working on the failed PACE, they issued her the next one, and wanted her to do them both at the same time! How in the blazes do you expect anyone to do work that they don't understand, and pass??? It depressed Chey, made me mad, and generally made life miserable. I went to the school and before I left she was back to one Math PACE, just like ACE recommends.

When Sis Renee mentioned her adopted daughter was having the same issues, and at least three other kids reported similar things- well, I felt something needed to be done, but didn't know what. It's the only Christian school in this area. Sis Renee decided that she was going to homeschool her daughter and her niece, and offered to homeschool Chey as well if we would pay the fees and buy materials.

It seems to be a win-win. Chey will get love, help, and firmness. Ms Renee knows all of her weaknesses and has always had her performing on "A" levels. And Kake ( her daughter) will have a friend to keep it from seeming too isolated.
 And when I went and told the school administrator- I think he got mad!! He was polite, but I read body language for a living and have for years. I'm fairly decent at it....he.was.ticked.

Lynx

Hey great! I was doing ACE at my own PACE back when Mom home schooled me. (Of course that was back when my neighbors were riding to school on the bronto-bus, but...)

Good to know ACE is still around. Those books had a good way of explaining things in a way I could understand.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I was just curious. I'm glad she has someone who knows the material and knows how she learns. I've had such mixed feelings about homeschooling. I'm friends with one family who did homeschool and did AMAZING! All 5 children are incredibly well rounded. 3 went onto university degrees and 1 is working on a degree while in the Navy. Then there are people like my sister in law who pulled her daughter out to homeschool because she was tired of keeping up with taking her to and from school and I don't think she has done 1 bit of work since last October. [My sister in law never graduated either.] I've seen every scenario in between.

Roscoe

Yeah, if it had been anyone else teaching I'd have been skeptical. But Ms Nee knows and loves Chey like her own. I'm blessed to not have to worry in that regard.
And I too did the ACE thing for the first 10 years of schooling. Our church had a Christian school and my mama was the kindergarten teacher. It shut down due to lack of funds and personnel in the middle of my 9th grade year and I had to go to public school. But it proved its worth to me- when they tested me to enter public school, they said I was at 12th grade levels in everything but math, which I struggled with, and I was on the 9th grade level in it..so I know it provides a good basis.

Nelle

Second Saturday in a row working.. Trying very hard to catch up on all this paperwork that I somehow managed to put on a backburner this long. I know I won't get it caught up today, but I'll have LESS to do next week anyway! :)

Husband & I went to a Frontier League ball game last night here close. His work helps sponsor the team, so they have a cute little table that we get to sit at when we get tickets. We got tickets for last night & tonight.. and we might still go tonight depending on the temperature. Jose Canseco will be there on Sunday, but we don't have tickets to that one. Fine by me.. I would like a little chill-out time in my home on Sunday evening after several weeks of constantly being on-the-go and away from home.

I think our cats have somehow convinced themselves that every single time we leave the house, we're never coming back. They're stuck like glue when I come home, haha. Sweet tho.. cause they're annoying and cute little kiddos. Our boy cat has learned the behaviors of our girl cat to get extra lovins. He use to be more like a "touch me not" cat who only occasionally wanted petted, but now he gets all snuggly too haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Heather on July 15, 2017, 03:23:05 PMI was just curious. I'm glad she has someone who knows the material and knows how she learns. I've had such mixed feelings about homeschooling. I'm friends with one family who did homeschool and did AMAZING! All 5 children are incredibly well rounded. 3 went onto university degrees and 1 is working on a degree while in the Navy. Then there are people like my sister in law who pulled her daughter out to homeschool because she was tired of keeping up with taking her to and from school and I don't think she has done 1 bit of work since last October. [My sister in law never graduated either.] I've seen every scenario in between.

I've seen both extremes, also. Some of the kiddos that I know that did ACE can't even spell. :(

Lynx

Those kids wouldn't get away with not learning to spell with MY mother.

In local news, I think I'll try making carbonara for breakfast.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I have rediscovered the secret of weight loss. It is possible to literally work your tail off. The guys came over yesterday to roof the house. I expected a crew of 5 or 6 people. Two showed up- my roofer and his nephew. The rest of the crew didn't come in. Being completely unable to stand by and watch, I helped out by dragging the heavy metal panels around to where they were needed, and other assorted tasks. I also smoked some ribs and grilled some burgers for them. Even after eating ribs and burgers, I was down two lbs yesterday.
And the roof is 3/4 of the way finished. They still have 6 panels to put on the back side of the house, finish the trim work and do the shop,probably 5 hours total. They are gonna come back tomorrow and finish it up. It looks great. My next projects will be gutters for the front -a storm got them a few years ago and I've procrastinated putting them back up- and a rollup door for the shop. Spending the money hurts, but the place looks so much better.

Heather

My aunt and uncle bought new to them furniture, went to pick it up, loaded it up, and my aunt decided she didn't like the color. My uncle called and asked for our address so Brandon and I received a whole new living room set!!! We had been discussing going out and actually purchasing our first couch [we've had hand me downs from the landlord and campus provided furniture] and the Lord decided to just bless us with more free furniture!! It's nice too. It's an oversized couch, chair, and chaise lounge. Our 1 cat approves, 1 doesn't care as long as he can cuddle with me, and the other one freaks out every time he comes in the living room because it's changed. lol.

Church was awesome today!! Such a sweet yet empowering presence in the service today. Plus my friend announced her pregnancy! Yay for other people having babies!!!

Now onto housework since husband apparently forgot how to do his laundry and went to work with 2 different colored socks today. Hehe.

MelodyB

I know a couple who is 4 months along, they found out it was a boy last week, and i was over at their apartment and she told me all about it and I'm bursting with excitement and they haven't announced it to anyone other than family yet. I'm dying with this secret! Lol

I'm glad she trusted me among the first to know, but I can't wait till the rest of our church family know so we can openly discuss this precious baby!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Busy weekend.

Our dog of 10 years passed away about 2 months ago.  We had talked about getting several kinds of dogs, but yesterday we went and got a German Shepherd.

Here's a video we did with her:  https://youtu.be/4ZBfBFuJXac

Not quite the chihuahua Roscoe wanted me to get, but if she gets hungry she can have a chihuahua or two for dinner...

:ugly:

Anyway, that's about all. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Alex's.

I like your new puppy. We had a German shepherd/husky mix. He was great!