News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Everybody stealing my lines... I knew I should have gotten copyright on them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Everyone being all off work for the 4th while I'm looking at a possible 13-14 hour day. Yay retail and a festival! However my boss did ask me if I wanted to go with her to a gem show at the end of July. I'll get a say in what comes into the store and also buy for myself, so YES!

School sent me a massively confusing email and the way they updated my account didn't help the confusion. I apparently need to submit more paperwork by the 15th but they didn't let me know what paperwork....yea....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Well. I was off today. One of my friends came over and climbed my antenna tower and fixed some issues I had, so my radio is back 100 percent.
Then we went over to some friend's house for a fish fry- although fish is not something I like, I enjoyed the company.
My poor puppies are stuck in the house and won't go out because of the neighbors' fireworks..
And I'm dreading work tomorrow- today feels like a Saturday and I should get tomorrow off too.:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 05, 2017, 03:14:25 AMAnd I'm dreading work tomorrow- today feels like a Saturday and I should get tomorrow off too.:pound:

Ugh yes. Yesterday felt like Saturday and today feels like cruel punishment to be at work.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Between thunderstorms and fireworks in between the thunderstorms, both  of which my dog is afraid, he stayed on the carport cowering all night last night. He was one frazzled puppy this morning.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

We have 2 of our grandsons spending the week. It reminds me again to be thankful you have kids when you're young. ;)

MsJennJenn

Read a quote yesterday that said "It's independence day every day when you don't have children."

Yes. Yes it is. Have no plans on changing that.  :nono:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Oh now. Kids are the greatest little millstone you could ever tie around your neck. :P
Seriously- the birth of Chey ranks up there with the best day of my life, ever. Tied only with getting the Holy Ghost and getting her mama to agree to marry me. I've done the independent thing, had a ton of fun, a ton of travelling, and a tone of cool motorcycles. I'd be lying if I told you that I don't miss that freedom occasionally, but I wouldn't trade my life now for that freedom again. Not even if you added a ton of money and new Harleys on the table.

And in sharing, I survived today and its metric ton of paperwork. Bro Wilson turned me on to a roofer that agreed to do my roof for whatever the material cost for his labor. So I'm fixing to spend $2700 ish for materials and $2700 ish for labor. He came out, looked and measured and put my mind at ease when I discovered he is one god, tongue talking Holy Ghost Filled, and is kin to one of my good friends, who is a local pastor.. Now to order the metal...pay it all off, and pay off Lou's cruise, as well as Chey's home school materials. Thank God for a generous bank, a good job, and good credit....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes, we are going with metal. 29 gauge with a 45 year warranty on paint. Probably either red or a dark burgundy as that will go best with our brick color.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 05, 2017, 08:27:06 PMRead a quote yesterday that said "It's independence day every day when you don't have children."

Yes. Yes it is. Have no plans on changing that.  :nono:
I know people who have kids say they are a joy, but last night I was reminded of all the "joy" I'm missing when I drove some kids home on the church bus. One had hit another accidentally with a basketball and the other had hit the first on purpose with a fist. They spent the whole ride home, one crying and yelling and the other mocking and egging on.

Bleh!
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on July 05, 2017, 10:14:56 PMOh now. Kids are the greatest little millstone you could ever tie around your neck. :P

You know not what you speak of. You are not a real parent untill you have at least 2 kids and one of those has to be a son.

No man is complete as a father until you've questioned your own intelligence through the actions of a son.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 06, 2017, 12:06:41 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 05, 2017, 10:14:56 PMOh now. Kids are the greatest little millstone you could ever tie around your neck. :P

You know not what you speak of. You are not a real parent untill you have at least 2 kids and one of those has to be a son.

No man is complete as a father until you've questioned your own intelligence through the actions of a son.

:ugly:
I question my intelligence through the actions of my tom boy daughter more than enough. I need no further indoctrination. After all, if I burn my right hand in the fire, I don't have to burn the left too, just to prove to myself its hot...:lol: :ugly:

MelodyB

Why not? Fire is fun!

I need some watermelon. Soon.

Tired.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on July 06, 2017, 05:04:22 PMWhy not? Fire is fun!

Tired.

That is all.

MELBS> :hug:

Thought of you. Season 12 (or 14? whatever the latest one is lol) of Criminal Minds was up on Netflix and I watched it....DESPITE it not having Derek Morgan. Sigh.  He popped up in one episode. But....it was sad nonetheless. Between that and Spencer being in jail half the season, it was rough. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Thank God it is Friday. This has been the longest short week I've ever had. And I spent money yesterday like a drunken sailor, but I think I've got everything that needed to be done accounted for. Adulting is a drag when you have to do responsible things. I'm thinking about having either a Jeep logo or a Harley symbol painted on my new roof, because that's what I wanted it to be- a Harley or a Jeep. :pound:
 I also managed to do something I'd intended to do for a while- bought some hooks and cable ties, and got all of my radio coax (cables) hung neatly beneath the eaves at the back of the house. Much neater and more organized.
 Now, I am looking forward to dealing with umpteen excuses today from my convicts...."Well, see, what had happened was...."

mini

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 06, 2017, 08:25:16 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on July 06, 2017, 05:04:22 PMWhy not? Fire is fun!

Tired.

That is all.

MELBS> :hug:

Thought of you. Season 12 (or 14? whatever the latest one is lol) of Criminal Minds was up on Netflix and I watched it....DESPITE it not having Derek Morgan. Sigh.  He popped up in one episode. But....it was sad nonetheless. Between that and Spencer being in jail half the season, it was rough. lol

I'm only on episode 8. Thanks for the spoilers.

In other news Tuesday ended up being 13 hours with me snapping at my boss and her stiffing Brandon for 8 hours of work.

My Aldi is closed for remodeling and that makes me sad.

Yesterday was my parents 35th anniversary.

I work the next 2 days and have the maddest, most upset stomach I've ever had.....

MsJennJenn

haha sorry Heather!! How did I spoil it though? Spencer went in like episode 2? lol  :question:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Roscoe

Totally lazy today. It's nearly noon and I've just got my carcass dressed and have zero motivation...

The Purple Fuzzy

The grand kids left this morning. We went to a couple of yard sales & picked up a free generator I found on Freecycle.