News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

It took me 25 minutes to upload, resize, and crop this 1 picture because of all the advertising. It was trying.

Harrison has completely stolen my heart.

Now to do some housework and finish my rearranging project.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Made it to Aldi. I stuck to my list. Mostly. I avoided all snacks. Super proud of myself!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Kinda proud of myself. Didn't eat anything unhealthy at all yesterday unless you count my morning coffee. Down two lbs for the past week.....
And the last two days have NOT been nice. One coworker out on vacation, one coworker involved in an onduty wreck that was not her fault, which led to two days off. So for the past two days, it's been me, the receptionist, and  a new girl that doesn't have a huge gasp of the job yet. And yes, everyone on all caseloads seems to have gone berserk, and generated reams of paperwork.
But I survived. Everyone is supposed to be back today.......:clap:
 Oh and need a roof? Prepare to pay dearly for it. $6600 for a shingle roof and nearly $10k for a metal one. Lord.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Metal"  As in a tin roof that leaks all the time, or are we talking about some other kind of metal?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

After paying bills and putting gas in a car, we have roughly 7 bucks to last us until next wednesday. I wish I could find out about school so I could know if I can apply for other jobs or not.

Roscoe

The metal roof is a type of steel now. My question is, a 30 year shingle roof- or pretty much a guaranteed last-roof-of-my-life? A 30 year roof would put me having it replaced when I'm 70'sh..
 Bro Wilson has a friend that might can hook me up with a metal roof around the price of the shingle roof. If he can we will go that way..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yesterday at work the boss was getting onto a teenage girl for never doing the cleaning she should be doing before she left work. The girl burst into tears and quit her job on the spot. That surprised me because - to me at least - the incident did not seem to warrant weeping and walking out. But from her reaction, the boss chewing her out for not doing her job made her whole world just completely collapse.

I made the observation (not aloud, but to myself) that humans seem to have one mental scale, and we seem to resize all our experiences to fit that scale. An incident may be the best or worst thing that has ever happened to us, simply because we don't yet know any better or worse things than this incident. A child gets a new bike or a new tablet computer and it's a wonderful thing that puts him on cloud nine. An adult gets one and it's just another tool to use in his life. An eighteen year old boy/man is told he needs to leave home and start a life of his own and it wrecks his world. The same man loses his job at fifty-three years of age and it's not all that bad because he lost his mother four years ago.

I wonder how that teenage girl will see yesterday's incident when she remembers it twenty years from now. And sometimes I wonder how the events of my life that seem so great or terrible now will look to me when I am older and have more experiences against which to scale them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:pound: Fuzzy.

Isaac, as someone who has a couple of years on you- I suspect- I think you are spot on. Things that seemed the best thing ever or the worse thing ever 20 years ago often cannot even be remembered now. It's what keeps me going when life happens- the knowledge that this too will pass, and the thought that in a hundred years, no one will likely know this even happened.

But a new toy, be it a radio, motorcycle, car, or cool tool still puts me on cloud nine. Just a kid at heart I guess. :P

Back at work. And I've misplace a set of keys- that have the keys to the corvette, Lou's car, the Canyon- bah. They HAVE to be at home, because they ain't here. stupid things. There needs to be some kind of GPS keychain I could buy and when they go missing I could look them up. :pound:

Lynx

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.amazon.com/Tile-Mate-Finder-Anything-Finder/dp/B01L3VEC08/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498828273&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=tile+mate&psc=1

It comes in one-pack, four-pack, or even eight-pack if you have a whole bunch of stuff to track. Maybe stick one on your keys, one on your phone and one on Cheyenne.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I was about to say they do have those GPS things for geriatrics forgetful people like you. :hypocrite:

Killer headache today. Ugh.

"Southern gospel" worship night tonight.
Mom and I are singing Russ Taff's "Praise the Lord"  :sing:

Grandparents choir has a plethora of sing-a-long songs they're doing. They practiced Wednesday night. So cute.  :heart:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 30, 2017, 03:54:41 PMI was about to say they do have those GPS things for geriatrics forgetful people like you. :hypocrite:

Grandparents choir has a plethora of sing-a-long songs they're doing. They practiced Wednesday night. So cute.  :heart:
:pound: You are getting to old age too, faster than you know..... It happens overnight..

Lynx

I liked a JenN post. I can't believe I was compelled to like a JenN post...

Joking, of course. Pretty good observation there.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 30, 2017, 06:24:07 PMI liked a JenN post. I can't believe I was compelled to like a JenN post...

haha. Did you like it cus I called Bobby old...or cus my Mom and I are singing a Russ Taff song....? lol  :teeth:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2017, 04:54:42 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 30, 2017, 03:54:41 PMI was about to say they do have those GPS things for geriatrics forgetful people like you. :hypocrite:

Mom and I are singing Russ Taff's "Praise the Lord"  :sing:

Grandparents choir has a plethora of sing-a-long songs they're doing. They practiced Wednesday night. So cute.  :heart:
:pound: You are getting to old age too, faster than you know..... It happens overnight..

Oh I know haha. I turn 32 in less than a month. I think I was 17 when I joined GP chat?  :o  :o  :o
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 30, 2017, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

Oh I know haha. I turn 32 in less than a month. I think I was 17 when I joined GP chat?  :o  :o  :o
As I was saying- Cantankerous old lady. :P
I'm sure Isaac "liked" the fact you called me old.
And I really had not considered Russ Taff as Southern Gospel before. Don't know what I called it, but as a kid he seemed more contemporary.

MsJennJenn

Well but his/The Imperials version of "Praise the Lord" can swing that direction.

It's as far "southern" as I go. Lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 30, 2017, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 30, 2017, 06:24:07 PMI liked a JenN post. I can't believe I was compelled to like a JenN post...

haha. Did you like it cus I called Bobby old...or cus my Mom and I are singing a Russ Taff song....? lol  :teeth:
Calling Bobby old, of course. Why do you think I specified the observation you made? Although a Russ Taff song is never amiss.

And Bobby if you consider Russ Taff songs "contemporary" then you are definitely, DEFINITELY old!
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Jenn, I watched the elder choir on your IG. They were adorable.

Speaking of adorable, baby Harrison has passed all his bloodwork AND his hearing test!!!

mini

Urgh.

Hello everyone, and our resident old geezer, Roscoe.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound: Mini.
 Good Lord. It's Monday. And it's raining. And I'm the only one at work so far, and only expect one other to be here today. The weekend went by way too fast.