News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 23, 2017, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 22, 2017, 11:37:14 PMI shall no longer speak poorly of Texas. At least not for a bit. I drop the turds off at prison, and ask one of my brethren in blue for a recommendation for good BBQ. He directs me a few blocks away to a place called  "Naaman's BBQ"- just across the Texas line. Like 100 feet across.
I hear the name, and began thinking of the biblical Naaman.
I knew it would be good when I saw it. A 1940s to 1950s gas station . The bays had been closed off and turned into a dining room. For a kitchen, they had a food truck pulled up near a back door.
 The trash bin was a slightly modified 1957 Chevy front end, with the hood up.. I, of course ordered ribs, coleslaw, and beans, then went to get a Dr Pepper. No Dr Pepper- instead they offered several flavors of a "craft soda", all made with real sugar. Root Beer, huckleberry, strawberry, ect. I got Huckleberry. Divine.
 They brought the food out- Dear lord. Ribs were divine. Coleslaw was different than any I've had and I loved it. Sweet, with a touch of mustard base. Beans good. And the sauce was AMAZING. A mustard sauce that was spicy, and a sweet molasses/vinegar sauce that was so good I bought a 32 ounce jug of it.
 Yes, I shall look forward to transport days to Texarkana.

Told you we do BBQ better here..... :pound:
Don't get too het up, girlie. They was no more that 100 feet across the line, and it's quite possible that the actual cook/truck was in Arkansas. :pound:
 Be that as it may, it was good.  And even if it were in Texas- even a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes, meaning that it is possible for someone to back into a good recipe. Probably one passed down from Arkansan kinfolk. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

If you find yourself near Okemah, OK, you MUST stop at Papa's BBQ! My family owns and runs it. DELICIOUS BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No shame in my marketing - I love the goods. :)

I'm on my third totinos pizza this week - pepperoni only! Tonight I'm dropping off some of my lularoe at our cousin's so that some girls can pick up their stuff. Then I'm hitting up Panda Express. I've been craving some orange chicken ALL WEEK LONG! I also want some Panera... but that's kinda.. porky. I'm not sure I can justify eating at two restaurants, LOL. Ugh... decisions...

MsJennJenn

If I wasn't so queasy, Panda would sound amazing.

But I've been sick all morning. Our choir sang at camp meeting last night.
On the way home I stopped at McDonalds. First time eating fast food in literally a week.

It did not agree with me. Lord help me.  :worry:  :ignore:

My boss cracked up at me earlier, cus he video chatted me and I was laying sideways in the bed.
 :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

It's my day off and the first I've gotten to relax is after 6 pm. And by 'relax' I mean put off some of the housecleaning I had planned to do. But alas, it's only for a few minutes to chill out.

Went to Aldi. Have to go a town over. Ours won't be open until November. You can't beat $80 for 2 weeks worth of groceries. That includes quite a bit of produce as well. I do enjoy the fact that as an 'adult' I can buy and label 2 different packages of string cheese and think nothing of it. Hehe. Last trip I bought one package and within 3 days they were all gone. Brandon had a day off and ate 8ish of them. So this week we got his and hers packages. Haha!

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

What's adult got to do with eating what you like? :P I'm still making a big pot of chocolate pudding every Sunday.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I made and canned tomato jam this week. I was quite proud of myself since I've never canned anything before.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Tomato Jam? Now I know that tomatoes are technically a fruit, but that's carrying it a bit far.....

Been a good day. Took Chey out to shoot her new gun. She was more than proficient with it, especially for someone her age that had never shot a pistol before. Came home and spent an hour or so experimenting with a ham antenna. I made it and it works but not as well as I hoped.
 Now I'm trying to find something to preach tomorrow night.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What's wrong with tomato jam? I even heard Dennis Swanberg (comedian) talking about eating it when he was a child. He said it was an integral part of a Dream Sandwich. That's where you make a sandwich with tomato jam and two slices of bread, and then you dream about what kind of meat you wished was in there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

When I first heard of it I was intrigued.  I love anything that has to do with tomatoes. So I spent a few days looking at videos and recipies and wondering how I was gonna get that many tomatoes on limited funds and I went to work and was blessed with a whole box of tomatoes for free!

It's very good. Not the taste I was expecting, but I love what it is. The recipe I used was from Linda's Pantry channel on YouTube.

I will be doing it again. So far I've eaten it on a turkey sandwich, on toast, and on crackers with cream cheese as a snack. All very complimentary. I also gave a jar to my pastor and he made a PB&J out of it and said it was delicious! I'll try that also.

So don't knock it till you try it, Roscoe.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 25, 2017, 12:31:59 PMSo don't knock it till you try it, Roscoe.
I would that there were some nearby for me to taste. :cry:

Tonight is gonna be rough. My voice is nearly gone, I have a summer cold, and will inflict upon the saints with a message. :ugly:

Heather

Mel's tomato gravy is pretty delicious so I would guess her tomato jam would be good too.

I think I'm going to haul myself down to my old church about an hour away. I haven't seen most of them for well over a year and pre-dad's cancer treatment. I way overslept to be able to make it to my church.

mini

Quote from: Nelle on June 23, 2017, 04:56:06 PMIf you find yourself near Okemah, OK, you MUST stop at Papa's BBQ! My family owns and runs it. DELICIOUS BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No shame in my marketing - I love the goods. :)

Wait... Who's your family? I have been by Okemah 4 time in the past 2 weeks.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I'm so glad I was able to go where I did for church today. I miss [most] of the congregation so much. We had a Pastor Bostic from Lubbock Tx preach today. There was a baby dedication today for a couple who used to be at his church so he came up.

My best friend had her baby on Friday and I still haven't been able to see them. Its making me super sad. I want to squeeze those chubby cheeks and let him know he doesn't have to cheer for the Steelers just because his dad does. Hehe.

MelodyB

Roscoe

MelodyB

Cause I have friends who are from there and they are moving back this week in order to care for their aging parents and I just wanted to know.

I can't remember the Pastors name that is at the church there, but they said it's a good church. I hope so. They are still baby Christians and we are kinda anxious of them going back to the place where they were sinners and leaving the covering of our church.

God knows.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 26, 2017, 08:57:09 AMCause I have friends who are from there and they are moving back this week in order to care for their aging parents and I just wanted to know.

I can't remember the Pastors name that is at the church there, but they said it's a good church. I hope so. They are still baby Christians and we are kinda anxious of them going back to the place where they were sinners and leaving the covering of our church.

God knows.
Russellville used to have a pretty good church- Bro Tony Reynolds as pastor. His standards are a little looser than ours, but he's a good man. As far as I know he's still there. I haven't spoken to him in a while.

MsJennJenn

Good grief Heather. $80 at Aldi would last me a month! lol
Speaking of. That's my Monday after work plan.

Going to *try* to go to Zumba tonight, need to get back into that pattern. Sigh.
Er edit. Aldi after work. Then zumba at 7:15.

He boss is on vacation.
Should be a quiet week.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: mini on June 25, 2017, 09:09:47 PM
Quote from: Nelle on June 23, 2017, 04:56:06 PMIf you find yourself near Okemah, OK, you MUST stop at Papa's BBQ! My family owns and runs it. DELICIOUS BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No shame in my marketing - I love the goods. :)

Wait... Who's your family? I have been by Okemah 4 time in the past 2 weeks.

They are the Andersons! One of the daughters married Cody Marks.

MsJennJenn

Well I didn't do zumba...or go to Aldi.

I rearranged my living/office instead! :roll:

Working from home, I put my "office" more into the sun so I can have more natural light all day.

Maybe I'll go to Aldi tonight...
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Heather

Downside of getting married Jenn. Lol. $80 would probably last me a month as well, but alas, the husband is a vacuum cleaner when it comes to food.

I finally get to go meet Harrison today!!! Pray for him and his parents. He was born a bit early but a completely healthy baby except he failed multiple hearing tests before he was released. He goes again on Friday for testing. They are hoping its only fluid in his ears but it could be that he is deaf. The awesome thing is thought that their are multiple people at the church who are great interpreters.

I haven't even made it a week yet and I'm ready to know about school already. Oddly enough the other day I had a complete feeling of being ok either way wash over me.

Heather

Also was finally patient enough to deal with photobucket. So new profile picture. This one is only 4 months old instead of 4 years.  :biglaugh:

Roscoe

I used to love photobucket. Now they are a pain in the rear.