News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I'm so tired of everything. Work. Bills. Broke. Being tired. Being alone.

I'm blessed and God is good, always, but life is just really hard. I need a new job. I've applied for a few last week and I'm hoping at least one calls today.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: mini on June 18, 2017, 08:57:50 PMYou know Roscoe, our wives are going to kill us.
As if! I'm not even married and I know how it works. A spouse will store this incident away for future use as leverage when the spouse wants to get a big ticket item.

"What do you MEAN remodeling the kitchen is expensive and unnecessary?  How much have you spent on cars in the last three years?"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 19, 2017, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: mini on June 18, 2017, 08:57:50 PMYou know Roscoe, our wives are going to kill us.
As if! I'm not even married and I know how it works. A spouse will store this incident away for future use as leverage when the spouse wants to get a big ticket item.

"What do you MEAN remodeling the kitchen is expensive and unnecessary?  How much have you spent on cars in the last three years?"
True dat.
If I can hold off another year though, I'll be good by that measurement. It's been two years since my last car purchase...:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

The universe has shined down upon me and it looks at though the community college is going to allow me to finish up a double Associates. I just have to write a letter explaining why I did so bad back in the day and show how I've greatly approved then have a 2nd letter from someone who can essentially say the same thing about me. I only need 7 classes for an Associates in Sociology and an Associates in Anthropology. Yay!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I have done paperwork to send folks back to prison, and a ton of other paperwork today. Finally gonna take a break and eat an apple. Trying to get back on the diet again. Yesterday I ate an apple, two sandwiches, and a small mount of chips and about 8 whoppers candies. All day. Probably around 900 calories. Trying to keep the calories low. It's the only diet that works for me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

You said 8 Whoppers and I almost choked! I work a Burger King ya know...and that means a whole different thing to me. Lol

I'm sure 8 Whoppers is wayyyyy more than 900 calories. Way.

Nelle

I'm eating a totinos pepperoni pizza. Yum.

I've been up since 5am, and at work since about 6:15am. My husband has IL Department of Corrections testing today, so we carpooled so he wouldn't have to drive his gas-hog of a truck all the way up there. I was going to take off work today so I wouldn't be here an undetermined about of time, but with our regular yearly audit coming up in July, I have GOT to get some work done, haha. I need to get out of the business world I think, haha. I love it, but I'm exhausted with all these audits and taxes and etc.

LOL.. Melody.. I didn't even THINK of that, but when I read your post - it cracked me UP! I can't imagine the shock that went through your mind, hahahaha!

MsJennJenn

I'm on day 2 of working from home. We haven't really set a date that I would start doing it. I didn't even ask I just stayed home.

It's working though. I'm working. It definitely helps with eating better too though. Had eggs + toast for breakfast. A sandwich and chips for lunch. Tacos for dinner coming up....YEEAAA.

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 20, 2017, 04:32:30 PMYou said 8 Whoppers and I almost choked! I work a Burger King ya know...and that means a whole different thing to me. Lol

I'm sure 8 Whoppers is wayyyyy more than 900 calories. Way.

ROFLOL.  I'd LIKE to eat 8 Whoppers. And wash them down with a 2 liter Dr Pepper . I could eat a deep friend Zebra about now....

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Love whopper candies, hate whopper burgers.

I've actually had to cut out red meat [beef, pork, etc] due to digestion issues. Turkey bacon to the rescue!

Worked an open to close today because my boss scheduled herself to close, but she also went out of state yesterday for the next 10 days. Yea....sometimes it's super frustrating being the only non-pothead/responsible one at work.

MelodyB

I can eat a Whopper, but not as often as I used to be able to. I used to just crave that taste and want one anytime, but now I jave to be in the mood for one and it not very often. I guess I've seen it and smelled it too much to want it anymore.

We had a double Whopper on waste a few months ago just as I was getting off work so I took it and tried to eat it and it was too much with the double meat. Nearly made me sick. I didn't finish it. One single patty sandwich is all I can handle.

We have customers that will order and EAT two triple Whoppers. I've watched them. They really do eat the both of them. By themselves.

I don't know how. And it's generally skinny to normal sized people. Not fat folks. Lol I'm serious.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I used to be able to eat like that... not now. Which ticks me off. I don't eat nearly what I used to and I have STILL gained 20 lbs in the past year. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Day 3 at home. I can get used to working in my pajamas.  :sleep:

I think I'm going to hold off on the carpal tunnel surgery. It's going to cost more than I have.
And it's not AS bad as it was towards the first of the year. It comes and goes.

The new mattress I got a few months ago I DO think has helped a lot.

If I can get weight/diet under control I think (or I know cus I've done it) it will also help it.
Plus help the plethora of other issues I'm dealing with. Sigh. Prayers appreciated.  :smirk2:

<--new av. ha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Just got back from the community college campus. I've turned in the paperwork needed for financial aid. Now we wait and see if they have mercy on me. Registered for 4 classes. I'll only have 4 to take in the Spring as well.

Renewed the tag on Tiny Car.

Got home and my coworker called me because she is an idiot and can't read the cheat notes I made especially for her in our body jewelry section.

Started laundry. Scooped the [cat] poo. Getting ready to eat a good ole bowl of honey nut cheerios then I'll be off to work for the day.

Ooh, plus Tiny Car had her first "accident" yesterday. Thankfully we were both going 5 mph and the lady only scrapped the rim of my tire. We let it be. However, she should really look both ways when pulling out of the police departments parking lot.

Roscoe

Currently  enroute  to texas. Well, nearly. Hauling 4 convicts to Texarkana.  Hoping to find a decent  lunch place after they are dropped off.

Lynx

:sing:
 It was down in Louisiana
Just about a mile from Texarkana
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I shall no longer speak poorly of Texas. At least not for a bit. I drop the turds off at prison, and ask one of my brethren in blue for a recommendation for good BBQ. He directs me a few blocks away to a place called  "Naaman's BBQ"- just across the Texas line. Like 100 feet across.
I hear the name, and began thinking of the biblical Naaman.
I knew it would be good when I saw it. A 1940s to 1950s gas station . The bays had been closed off and turned into a dining room. For a kitchen, they had a food truck pulled up near a back door.
 The trash bin was a slightly modified 1957 Chevy front end, with the hood up.. I, of course ordered ribs, coleslaw, and beans, then went to get a Dr Pepper. No Dr Pepper- instead they offered several flavors of a "craft soda", all made with real sugar. Root Beer, huckleberry, strawberry, ect. I got Huckleberry. Divine.
 They brought the food out- Dear lord. Ribs were divine. Coleslaw was different than any I've had and I loved it. Sweet, with a touch of mustard base. Beans good. And the sauce was AMAZING. A mustard sauce that was spicy, and a sweet molasses/vinegar sauce that was so good I bought a 32 ounce jug of it.
 Yes, I shall look forward to transport days to Texarkana.

Lynx

For health reasons I must now call Bobby's boss and request all future trips to deliver goons to Texas should be given to somebody else... in the interest of Bobby's well being and diet of course.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 23, 2017, 10:45:57 AMFor health reasons I must now call Bobby's boss and request all future trips to deliver goons to Texas should be given to somebody else... in the interest of Bobby's well being and diet of course.
You do that, Buddy, and I'll take a day off, come to Tennessee, kidnap you and take YOU to the prison with appropriate paperwork, then go have lunch. Never mess with a fat boy's food.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 22, 2017, 11:37:14 PMI shall no longer speak poorly of Texas. At least not for a bit. I drop the turds off at prison, and ask one of my brethren in blue for a recommendation for good BBQ. He directs me a few blocks away to a place called  "Naaman's BBQ"- just across the Texas line. Like 100 feet across.
I hear the name, and began thinking of the biblical Naaman.
I knew it would be good when I saw it. A 1940s to 1950s gas station . The bays had been closed off and turned into a dining room. For a kitchen, they had a food truck pulled up near a back door.
 The trash bin was a slightly modified 1957 Chevy front end, with the hood up.. I, of course ordered ribs, coleslaw, and beans, then went to get a Dr Pepper. No Dr Pepper- instead they offered several flavors of a "craft soda", all made with real sugar. Root Beer, huckleberry, strawberry, ect. I got Huckleberry. Divine.
 They brought the food out- Dear lord. Ribs were divine. Coleslaw was different than any I've had and I loved it. Sweet, with a touch of mustard base. Beans good. And the sauce was AMAZING. A mustard sauce that was spicy, and a sweet molasses/vinegar sauce that was so good I bought a 32 ounce jug of it.
 Yes, I shall look forward to transport days to Texarkana.

Told you we do BBQ better here..... :pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-