News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

We usually practice an hour. This was a one-off meeting, planned and announced for about a month, where we were supposed to get a lot done. I don't think we'll be doing this again.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 11, 2017, 03:50:43 PM
Quote from: mini on June 11, 2017, 01:10:56 PMUrgh.
:stupid:

And a five hour music practice is stupid and counter productive. I'd have walked out after about 2 hours.
I just got up. At nearly 11 o'clock. Don't feel like doing a whole lot.

We just recently did a 4 hour.

3-4 praise singers (approx 10-12 people)
4-5 musicians while praise singers split into groups to re-go over the songs we just learned from 3-4 (WASTE OF TIME)
5-7 choir (approx 30+ people)

My mother did in fact walk out at the beginning of the 5 o'clock part because it was already chaotic and she'd already been there two hours and she wasn't having it. lol

We won't be doing that type of practice again either. It's already been discussed.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

What a horrible weekend for the living. So many accidents this past weekend around here, and then this AM I found out about a preacher and his wife from AR being in an accident. His wife passed away from it, but he is in the hospital with possible spinal cord injuries. They have five kids between them. So please say a prayer for their families, and for his healing.

Such a heaviness from all that news this weekend.

Work hasn't been TOO bad today, after what felt like awful awful awful weeks before. I hope I'm able to catch up on my work soon!

MelodyB

We do two hours, tops. First hour is split, singers learn two or three new songs, while the musicians also learn same songs. Then we come together and all do it together to work out the kinks.

Usually we do two new songs and refresh an older one that needs work.

But our leaders send out emails the month before with lyrics and links to the material so we are responsible for listening and learning it on our own time so we are familiar with it before we get there.  

It works for us. And we have one Saturday practice (2 hour) a month and one practice before each service.

We have 20 singers. And we rotate. We don't all sing at once. We have three drummers, two at a time, a bass, an electric guitar, two keyboards and an organ.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Made A's (high A's) in my first two graduate degree classes! Yeaaaaa buddy!  :clap:

Despite all of my health issues over the last 8-10 weeks.

Going Wednesday for my consult with the hand surgeon.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Praying for the minister and his family. Also just learned a Newport Ar police officer was killed in the line of duty this evening.  :cry:
Chey and I are in the teardrop on Petit Jean.  Lou is at home, and I miss her. And the air conditioning  drain pan is rusted out,causing the floor to get wet at home. Totally  not a good wwwk for that. The only way to fix it will involve  taking the unit out to get to the screws holding the drain pan in. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Been a busy day. Gave in and called the a/c repairman. I hope it ain't too expensive...
And I have so far found three vermin known as ticks, from our camping trip...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's supposed to be up to 99* this weekend. Air conditioning is pretty important.

MsJennJenn

So I can either keep putting a "band aid" of meds + KT tape/hand brace for my carpal tunnel, or I can have the minimally invasive carpal tunnel (use of hands same day).

So pending insurance coverage, that's probably the route I'll take. Sigh.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

JenN  I started getting symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome so I looked up some exercises to stretch the tendon running through my wrist. It worked surprisingly well. You can find examples online. When I get home to a real computer I will post links.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Excuse me for a moment, but I have to enthuse.

[enthusiasm]
So today on the way home from w*rk I stopped by the salvage grocery. Most people go there to save money. I go to find neat stuff I can't find at the local grocery store. Sometimes I don't find anything I can't live without. This time I found way too much.

- Larabar (tm) cookie bars! All they are made with is fruit and nuts. No sugar, no flour, just cashews and dates... or pecans, almonds and dates... or strawberries, apples and cashews. And they are delicious! I bought three 16-count cases for $2.50 a piece.

- 9 big bottles of 100% juice, mostly cranberry or peach-mango. Won't be needing any juice for a while.

- 10 cans of sweet peas with no sugar, no salt, no calcium chloride, just peas and water. Yay for natural!

- 2 bottles coctail (spelling intentional) sauce with horseradish, from a brand much better than Kraft or McCormick ever dreamed of being.

The whole mess came out at exactly $34.02. I love that place!
[/enthusiasm]
Okay I'm done.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

And JenN here is that link, now that I'm at a real computer.
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/stretching-exercises-for-preventing-carpal-tunnel-syndrome
It worked very well for me. There for a while my hands were feeling numb and painful, like... well, like I had a pinched nerve. Doing exercises like these got rid of that feeling.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Scored a nice 30 gallon, 6.5 hp air compressor for $50 today. Very happy. And Chey scored  herself a gokart for $150. I made her pay for it outta her savings though, Daddy isn't footing the bill for all of her toys.

Lynx

How old is Chey again, 6? 7? Most teenagers I know couldn't pop off $150 for something. If she has that much to spend, congratulations on raising her well. And may she get many hours of enjoyment from it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

The leadership at my church is doing a survey from our members on what we want to do in our class studies next year. Our usual class curriculum is a 3 year overview of the entire Bible with specific focus on different sections each time we go through the Bible. We've been given the option of doing another 3 year cycle with a year and a half in each testament. Or we can skip a year and do topical studies for next year instead.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 15, 2017, 10:59:47 AMHow old is Chey again, 6? 7? Most teenagers I know couldn't pop off $150 for something. If she has that much to spend, congratulations on raising her well. And may she get many hours of enjoyment from it.
She's ten...already. And she does pretty good saving. I've got to get her more disciplined though when it comes to giving. Either she'll forget to give on her tithes or try to give $5 out of the $9 allowance.. Hasn't quite got the grip on percentage of income...

We are trying to teach her responsibility, including giving.

And she's getting enjoyment. She has rode it for over an hour tonight.
 And in sharing, I nearly bought- and may still buy- a '57 Ford car. It's a good twenty footer, and would be just the thing when friends come in and want to go to car shows, but Rusty hasn't the room. It's very reasonable, but I don't need it- just badly want. And I am reasonably sure I could sell it in a couple of years for a profit....

Lynx

Rusty doesn't... he has a big ole truck bed for friends to ride in!

(I know, I know, technically that is illegal now. I still occasionally see people riding in the back of a truck here though.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

It's National Safety Month so we've got the police department in electronics and the fire department in sporting goods to talk about safety and pass out goodies at Walmart today

Roscoe

My lovely vacation is coming to an end. Bah. Had a ton of fun though. Nearly bought two different cars, looked at a couple of jeeps, and enjoyed the company of Galoot and his family. Car show week has came and went once again. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Urgh.

We spent a couple days in the Ozark mountains hunting an elusive Arkansas leprechaun. Found said leprechaun amongst rows and rows of cars.

I may have talked him out of a car, he may have talked me into one, and thus he will  soon be buying one to match mine.

You know Roscoe, our wives are going to kill us.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on June 18, 2017, 08:57:50 PMYou know Roscoe, our wives are going to kill us.

:ugly:
Well, ya gotta die sometime of something. At least we'll go out while having fun, and we'll die at the hands of someone who loved us. And someone who will always remember us fondly, after that life insurance payout....