News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 07, 2017, 10:56:15 AMPowerball? What's that? For me Powerball is the lottery they sell at convenience stores. And I still want back all the time I have spent waiting for the person ahead of me in line to stop buying those stupid tickets.
It's basically a ball made up  of foam strips that you put in the end of a hand drill. It buffs at the highest speed your drill can run and gets down in the areas a buffer can't. On a curvy old sled like Rusty, It's the only way to fly...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on June 07, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 07, 2017, 10:56:15 AMPowerball? What's that? For me Powerball is the lottery they sell at convenience stores. And I still want back all the time I have spent waiting for the person ahead of me in line to stop buying those stupid tickets.
It's basically a ball made up  of foam strips that you put in the end of a hand drill. It buffs at the highest speed your drill can run and gets down in the areas a buffer can't. On a curvy old sled like Rusty, It's the only way to fly...

Had me confused at first too.

Looking at the sermon schedule for this month and it seems we'll be in the book of Isaiah all month for Josh's Sunday morning sermons.  This coming Sunday is Isaiah chapter 40.  The following Sunday's its Isaiah chapter 53 and Isaiah chapter 55.

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on June 07, 2017, 02:06:15 AMNelle, what do you do now? I suspect I shall die of a terminal paper cut myself..
 Came home, mowed the yard and used my new powerball (I think that's what they call it) to polish on Rusty. He's gonna shine like a diamond in a goat's rear, as my dad would've said...:lol:

I am the payroll/accounts receivable/you-name-it for an union electrical contractor. I've been swamped with contracts this week - which I'm thankful for AFTER I get them all processed, because that means we're staying open and we have work! haha.. While I'm in the middle of the deluge? I'm not so happy with them, hahaha.

Roscoe

Totally needing God today. I've had two offenders act like I was stupid, which torqued me off and they got to see a side of me not too many people have seen in the past nine years. Now I need to repent for losing my cool, but I don't think they'll think I'm the kind stupid friend they thought I was.
 Then we get new chairs delivered, which was great.  Me and a coworker unloaded them while the delivery guy from the office sat like a bump on a log in the van...which was annoying, but no big deal. My coworkers and I discussed it amongst ourselves. The Administrative Assistant decided to send a snarky email to the boss stating that myself and Rena had unloaded the chairs while the guy sat and watched, and apparently the boss flipped her wig, saying if we had a problem for us to call her...
I hate when people throw me into drama. :pound:. If I'd had a problem I'd have called the boss myself. Note to self, don't casually discuss things around the admin, who is apparently on a mission from God to cause heartburn, and doing a fine job of it.

On top of that- I had so many people in that I was late for lunch- on RIB day  :pound:- and while I'm in line to get my food, the PD calls and informs me they've just arrested one of my parolees for breaking and entering and Fleeing. Dear LORD, I'm ready for vacation. And a touch from God, not necessarily in that order.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Bible study tonight was good.  We studied Acts chapter 22.  Hard to believe we've only got 3 more weeks left in Acts.  Not sure what epistle we'll be studying for next quarter.  Probably find out the last Sunday of the month when we get the books for next quarter.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy to me that it's already June. The year is just flying by.

Roscoe

Yes it is. I am becoming more and more the grumpy old man I wanted to be.
 And last night was emotional. We had two get the Holy Ghost- but emotional was this.
Our church has been looking for an assistant and praying for God's Will. Bro Wilson isn't going anywhere, but he had expressed his concern of a lack of someone to be in line for pastor to lead the church, as he is 71 years old. I've assisted him for years, and prayed about it, but just could not get the clearance, so to speak from God to formally step into lineage as pastor. One, I didn't feel ready, and two, my wife is kin to half the church, which to some degree would have set up a conflict in a pastoral setting.
And top of that, I didn't feel a  release from God, most importantly. I talked to Germ and several others, and finally told Bro Wilson I would do whatever I needed too, as long as it was the will of God. I expressed to him my concerns about pastoring, and my personal dislike to do the job, although that was just me. Told him that I was willing if that's what God wanted, but myself, I would consider me as the last resort. :lol:

He and I agreed to seek God and just let things ride, for now. He came to me some time ago and said a name. "Bro Lawrence". Bro Lawrence is a good friend of mine and an evangelist out of Jayess, Mississippi. Amazingly anointed man of God, and as goofy as I am. Neither of us thought he would be interested, but I told Bro Wilson I felt more peace about him than anyone else we'd spoken about. Bro Wilson called him.
And we were floored. He told me later that a few months back as they were leaving our church after service, his wife looked at him and told him "this is where we will be". He laughed. Told her Bro Wilson had me, and he didn't see it.
Long story short, after prayer and fasting, and confirmation abounding, last night we installed them as Assistant/associate pastor, and at some point, I fully expect they will be pastor. Bro Wilson made it clear that he will go no where, just step into a senior role when the time is right.

I am relieved. Emotional. And secure in the knowledge that I am in the will of God.

Backseat Radio

I'm at work and running on not much sleep after being up late last night sick.

Lynx

*perk*

Lawrence? I know that name, but it might be a different person. Was he ever an admin for a men's forum called the Apostolic Man Forum?

If he was, tell him Psalm 97 said hi. (If he doesn't immediately run away screaming, he might have recovered from the experience.) :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 08, 2017, 06:40:59 PM*perk*

Lawrence? I know that name, but it might be a different person. Was he ever an admin for a men's forum called the Apostolic Man Forum?

If he was, tell him Psalm 97 said hi. (If he doesn't immediately run away screaming, he might have recovered from the experience.) :D
Highly doubtful. I can't get this joker near a computer...yet. His name is Brent.
 And today was rough.  But we are getting closer to the weekend.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

And in my case- the next week! Dear lord, if I can survive today.....all week off.  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

MsJennJenn

Sickly all week.

Working from home today.

It's raining. Again. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Weekend means little to me since I always work Saturdays.  Probably won't take my next major vacation week till September when my church hosts a public debate on baptism.

Lynx

What sides are debating? Or rather, what points are they debating about baptism?
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on June 09, 2017, 06:04:17 PMWhat sides are debating? Or rather, what points are they debating about baptism?

The debate is on whether or not baptism is necessary for salvation.  A preacher in the area challenged my preacher to the debate.

Roscoe

Had the church fun day today. Good time was had. I was a bit ticked though- I stopped by on the way to pay bills this morning to check on one of our elderly members. Unfortunately, they live next door to one of my parolees, who decided it was a grand day for his girlfriend and him to have a brawl in the yard. I had to go over and break it up, wearing my overalls, and by the time I was done with them, I had the deep and abiding desire to commit battery and assault on both of them. I even had to go to the office and spend 30 minutes writing an entry in our system  just in case. Stupid people.

The Purple Fuzzy

My tomato plants have been producing like crazy. I've been passing them out to friends & neighbors.

MelodyB

I wish I was your friend and neighbor. Lol

I may be getting my own bunch today though...an elderly couple at church grows them and has been distributing bags of tomatoes to people lately and I made it known that I also love them and the lady said she would hook me up.

I am growing my own...Ive harvested 21 cherry tomatoes so far, and I have about thirty more green ones on the vine still. And I have a globe tomato plant. I've got one from there so far with two growing now. But these are just one plant per pot, and only two pots. I wish I had room for a proper garden. And I've eaten two cucumbers from my patio garden as well.

It's been raining here for over two weeks. Like a monsoon. It finally stopped Thursday and it was a beautiful weekend already Friday and Saturday.

I was off yesterday and went to a cookout.

About to get ready and get to church this morning.

That is all. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Tomatoes?

*perk*

I also wish I was your neighbor.

Yesterday was a looooong day. I helped out at w*rk on my day off because they were short too many people to make it. When they ask me to help in the morning, doing something I do not know how to do, that's a good sign they're desperate for ANYBODY to help.

After work I went to church for a five hour music practice. I was apparently not the only one tired by the end of it. I made the observation that when certain people get tired they become four year olds. I kept my own tiredness to myself by keeping my mouth closed when I wasn't singing, but practice still degenerated into chaos by the end of it.

I slept long and well. And I had homemade chili on sourdough bread for breakfast this morning. All is once more (burp) right with the world.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on June 11, 2017, 01:10:56 PMUrgh.
:stupid:

And a five hour music practice is stupid and counter productive. I'd have walked out after about 2 hours.
I just got up. At nearly 11 o'clock. Don't feel like doing a whole lot.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Yeah two hours is about the limit for our team as well. 5 is rediculious.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?