News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Bobby, I'm still thinking of your situation. It seems like you're always on the giving end of the relationship. I read a quote the other day that said "Givers have to set limits because takers never do"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 03, 2017, 02:11:03 AMWell, lookie there. How's it going, Tia?

Going good. Occurred to me tonight that I've not checked in here in months.  Been too busy with work, church, and being sick.

Roscoe

:hi: Spent most of the day doing nothing, and enjoying the company of my 12 year old nephew and his "nearly 14" year old friend. Lotsa back roads in Rusty, until the rain came, at which point we stole Lou's Lincoln and went gun shopping... and looking at trucks.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I should be getting sleep but I'm still up surfing the internet.  Looking forward to church in the morning.  We'll be studying Acts chapter 21 in class.  The morning sermon will be from Isaiah chapter 35 titled "The Highway of Holiness". 

mini

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Josh decided to change things up this morning and preach a different sermon than what he had on the year schedule. Sermon title was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

1 God and 1 way to God

2 basic choices in life - live for God or live for Satan

3 basic parts to the Bible - the patriarch era, the Law of Moses, and the new covenant

4 areas of life to grow in - wisdom (intellectual growth), stature (physical growth), favor with God (spiritual growth), favor with man (social growth with relationships with friends and family)

5 steps to salvation - hear the gospel, believe the gospel, repent, confess faith in Christ, be baptized for the remission of sin

Backseat Radio

We finally got the sermon on Isaiah chapter 35 tonight.  Felt like such a sinner for having a bottle of Dr Pepper sitting beside me in the pew tonight. Spent the afternoon running around with one of the church ladies visiting a couple of the shut ins and was too lazy to put the bottle of pop in my car when we got back to the church building.

Roscoe

It was a rainy day here all day. After my wordy eloquent post of earlier today, I did nothing useful, unless you count sitting on my front porch reading a book useful. Went to church where God showed up, and for a change, so did the majority of the church. We run 50 to 60, but here lately, everyone's been out sick, or on vacation, or visiting family...at which I'll throw no stones, since I am not going to be at service a week from this coming Wednesday due to my uncle being in.
When we got in a bit ago, Lou persuaded me to mix up the German Chocolate cake mix we've had and she's been wanting. It's currently filling the house with a delectable smell, and will shortly be filling my mouth with a delectable taste. :fork:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2017, 01:36:38 AMIt was a rainy day here all day. After my wordy eloquent post of earlier today, I did nothing useful, unless you count sitting on my front porch reading a book useful.
:sing: :sing: :sing:
Blame it on the rain
That was falling, falling
Blame it on the stars
That didn't shine that night
Whatever you do
Don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain
Yeah, yeah
:sing: :sing: :sing:

And I blame that song clip on my sister who used to listen to that group incessantly when I was a child.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2017, 01:36:38 AMIt was a rainy day here all day. After my wordy eloquent post of earlier today, I did nothing useful, unless you count sitting on my front porch reading a book useful

reading could be useful.  might depend on what you're reading

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on June 05, 2017, 11:43:54 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 05, 2017, 01:36:38 AMIt was a rainy day here all day. After my wordy eloquent post of earlier today, I did nothing useful, unless you count sitting on my front porch reading a book useful

reading could be useful.  might depend on what you're reading
Complete and utter foolishness, aka my beloved Louis L'amour books and Street Rodder magazine.

Morning, all. Feel like crudola. Stuck at work. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day at work between the long to do list and all the customers to help.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Heather

My landlords finally had a relative climb up on the roof and apparently just used some caulk on it. I however still have a strong mildew smell from the hole in the closet coming from the attic. I will keep you all updated.

Been a lot of work going on around here.

Dad's general physician told him he was honestly surprised, after dad's diagnosis last year, that he was still alive. We start chemo again a week from today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

This week needs to be over....Dealing with stupid people again. Already. So ready for next week's time off. And it doesn't help knowing while I'm cooped up inside, it is going to be sunny, 80 and beautiful outside...:pound:

Nelle

I need to learn to swim, or all of this paperwork is going to drown me.. haha.

Roscoe

Nelle, what do you do now? I suspect I shall die of a terminal paper cut myself..
 Came home, mowed the yard and used my new powerball (I think that's what they call it) to polish on Rusty. He's gonna shine like a diamond in a goat's rear, as my dad would've said...:lol:

Lynx

Powerball? What's that? For me Powerball is the lottery they sell at convenience stores. And I still want back all the time I have spent waiting for the person ahead of me in line to stop buying those stupid tickets.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: