News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Beautiful day today. Slept in, mowed the yard, and went to church. That's about it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's beautiful outside right now. Sadly I'm stuck inside. :pound:...but this weekend coming up is a three day weekend! Very pleased with that....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on May 22, 2017, 04:46:15 PMIt's beautiful outside right now. Sadly I'm stuck inside. :pound:...but this weekend coming up is a three day weekend! Very pleased with that....

YAY LORD> Meeeee too!!!

My head achessss today.  :smirk2:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on May 23, 2017, 10:38:03 AMWhat's a 3 day weekend?

*sigh*
What I'm gonna enjoy after Friday. :lol: Sometimes government work has its perks.  Still kinda surreal to me. After all the years of working every holiday, to find myself getting them all off...well, I am enjoying it.

I went home last night, and it was so pretty I fired up the grill again. Tried to burn my brush pile, but the stupid thing wouldn't light for love ner money...
 And now I'm trying to decide what project to begin next. I need to build my flowerbeds and get ready for spring cleaning. But, I also need to build bookcases, especially after Taco drove me insane by boasting of Elona's buy she found. That lucky clown got a steal on the very collection that I've been chasing for a while.- the leather bound Louis L'amour collection I posted about a while back. She got nearly the whole collection for the big lug  incredibly cheap. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

The sun is shining and it's 69* in May! Beautiful day. :bigcheese:

Heather

Today is my first day in 2 weeks that doesn't involve the words chemo or work [minus housework. grumble.] It's after noon and I'm still in my jammies. It's glorious!!!

Head still hurts. Lots of hot showers, bio-freeze, and tylenol. Dad is exhausted and has been having some new side effects due to the new meds he is on.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Sooooooooooooooo ready for this weekend at my parents. 3 DAYS OF MY MOMMY/DADDY! Oh, and I get to see the little Princess Cheyanne again. I hate that I'm missing my best friend's baby growing up and learning things, but I'm glad for the time I do get! I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back down for her birthday in June, so I'm taking all of her birthday goodies with me this weekend. :) And I get to spend some quality girl time with her momma!

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel came today & I showed her how to make jelly.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We made plum & blackberry. Chel brought the juice & took jelly/jam home with her.

Roscoe

I need homemade blackberry jam/jelly in my life.
 Back at work. Fairly light week this week, but the next two weeks- hoo,boy.  Getting pretty much all of my caseload to report before I go on a glorious ten day vacation of cars, junk, backroads, friends, and probably bbq...:fork:
Went for a pleasant putter in Rusty last night. Stopped by the house of an old friend who I bought Sam the Truck from. Mr Sam is now 90 years old, still sharp as ever, and still working in his garden as well as taking care of 40 or 50 head of cattle, although he has a little help now in the form of a worker who comes down and helps him. He was overjoyed to see me, said he'd been wondering how I was, and made me promise to come back by soon.

Lynx

PROBABLY bbq? If there's no definite plan for barbecued brisket in those vacation plans, they ain't real plans yet.

No worries though, you got two weeks to get something lined up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

In the life of Heather, a day off is never really a day off. Our roof started leaking in Brandon's closet and both sinks in the bathroom decided the washers in the facets were done with. We got the sinks fixed and Brandon is supposed to be looking at the roof. Our landlord is going to pay for the parts and labor will be what's left that we pay for rent.  :roll:

Hoping to make it to church after work today.

Still have moderate pressure going on at the base of my skull. No breaks man. No breaks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on May 24, 2017, 03:51:10 PMIn the life of Heather, a day off is never really a day off. Our roof started leaking in Brandon's closet and both sinks in the bathroom decided the washers in the facets were done with. We got the sinks fixed and Brandon is supposed to be looking at the roof. Our landlord is going to pay for the parts and labor will be what's left that we pay for rent.  :roll:

Hoping to make it to church after work today.

Still have moderate pressure going on at the base of my skull. No breaks man. No breaks.
Sounds like my kinda day off if I ever start on a project....Hope ya get to feeling better soon.
Quote from: Lynx on May 24, 2017, 01:16:55 PMPROBABLY bbq? If there's no definite plan for barbecued brisket in those vacation plans, they ain't real plans yet.

No worries though, you got two weeks to get something lined up.
Brisket is a foreign thing. Here, it is pork! Wonderful, healthy, delicious pork. With an emphasis on ribs. I *might* take He Who Is Bald And Ugly, aka, Mini- stir, to Hogpen if he's nice. This is something not to be missed....

Lynx

Here pork is the only barbecue. I thought your region was a bit more enlightened. Or is that East Texas I'm thinking about?
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on May 24, 2017, 05:44:10 PMHere pork is the only barbecue. I thought your region was a bit more enlightened. Or is that East Texas I'm thinking about?

BEEF is a Texas thangggg. Brisket...YUM.

Arkansas + enlightened....just doesn't make sense.  :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 24, 2017, 06:25:25 PM
Quote from: Lynx on May 24, 2017, 05:44:10 PMHere pork is the only barbecue. I thought your region was a bit more enlightened. Or is that East Texas I'm thinking about?

BEEF is a Texas thangggg. Brisket...YUM.

Arkansas + enlightened....just doesn't make sense.  :hypocrite:
:pound: Who wants ole stringy cow for Bbq?!? Cows should be ALWAYS cooked medium rare and served with a side of fried tators of some variety. Never smothered in BBQ.
Tender, delectable pork pairs with a sweet smoky bbq sauce in the sweetest romance ever heard. The very definition of a lifelong relationship...

Obviously we'uns are more enlightened than those steer jockeys. :pound:
 And think about it. I is a forty year old fat man who has made it my life's work to eat everywhere I can. Jenn Jenn is a scrawny little ole slip of a girl who is blinded by sheer texas patriotic spirit.
 Who you gonna believe???

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 24, 2017, 09:07:11 PMAnd think about it. I is a forty year old fat man who has made it my life's work to eat everywhere I can. Jenn Jenn is a scrawny little ole slip of a girl who is blinded by sheer texas patriotic spirit.
 Who you gonna believe???
On the one hand, that is a cogent point. As Mark Lowry said, "If you're in an unfamiliar town and hungry, don't ask a skinny person where a good restaurant is. Ask the fattest hog you can find, HE knows where the trough is."

On the other hand... just can't deny a good barbecued beef brisket. Tough? Stringy? Nay, my friend, if beef brisket is done right it is heaven on a bun.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Shows what the both of yous know....cus I SHO ain't....skinny. I wish. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 25, 2017, 01:55:11 PMShows what the both of yous know....cus I SHO ain't....skinny. I wish. :roll:
Well. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I KNOW I'm a full growed feeder hog that desperately needs to get back on the diet bandwagon...:pound:

MsJennJenn

Dieting is hands down the hardest, worst thing to ever attempt to do in my entire life.

I'd rather go thru the wretched pain I endured last week with my nerve testing than attempt to diet/lose weight.

I had two biscuits and gravy and hash browns....ok and sweet tea for breakfast.
See...can't do it.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 26, 2017, 02:53:33 PMDieting is hands down the hardest, worst thing to ever attempt to do in my entire life.

I'd rather go thru the wretched pain I endured last week with my nerve testing than attempt to diet/lose weight.

I had two biscuits and gravy and hash browns....ok and sweet tea for breakfast.
See...can't do it.
I concur. I did real well for a year, but man when I fell off the wagon- or was pushed- I did it right. Trying to cut back again. On the plus side, even gaining 20 lbs back, I've still hung on to some of the better habits- greatly reduced soda intake, less red meat and more pork.

And Happy birthday to Ol' Fuzzy Beast.  :party: