Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Friday was a complete and total meltdown.

Saturday ended up with a massive migraine due to the Friday meltdown.

Today was work and a lingering migraine.

Tomorrow is work and dad starts radiation and chemo.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on May 15, 2017, 03:53:47 PMI'm here.

I need a week away with a camper.
Likewise.
I'm just clinging to the knowledge that my annual car show that I get to see most of my friends is just 4 weeks away. And there's a three day weekend  coming up in two weeks. Lord knows I need it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It must be Monday. All the managers at work were scrambling around trying to fill holes in the work schedule.  Apparently nobody wants to work this week because it's graduation.

Not that I'm complaining. Such situations are... hmm... profitable for me. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Mondays DO seem to be in a rush to arrive- and linger way too long. Today was one of those draaaaaggggging days. :pound:
But I made it home, and smoked one off the chain pork butt. As soon as Lou gets back with the hamburger buns, I'm gonna enjoy a couple sandwiches of it. :fork:

MsJennJenn

Smoking. Tisk tisk. You should know better. :nono:

Slept a solid 7.5 hours for once last night.
Nerve testing this afternoon.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Slept awesome Sunday night, felt sick half Monday. Got that under control. Slept horribly last night, and have a headache that just won't go away today. haha.. I'm still alive for now though, so I guess I'm fine.

Eating lunch. I enjoy eating salsa but I only allow myself to eat it for lunch or an afternoon snack.

Less than 2 weeks to Memorial Day weekend and I get to see my family again!!

Roscoe

Jenn, it's worse than you think. I don't even wanna stop smoking....and in sharing, I spent all day on the road doing home visits. And on a back road, I found a metric ton of tiny teacup roses growing wild. I intend to wander over on a day off and dig up some...

The Purple Fuzzy

I love those. Are they the pink roses? My grandma had pink miniature climbing roses that she called "seven sisters"

MelodyB

I'm here. Spent a much needed weekend in Florida. Couldn't stay here on mother's day. So I spent it with my cousins and brother and fam.

Then I had Monday off and I slept and ate and stayed inside in my pajamas all day with my cats and Netflix.

That's how I deal with Mothers day without a mom.

On the way home Sunday evening, the sun was shining it's rays beautifully through some puffy white clouds against a gorgeous blue sky, and I broke into a song. Namely, a McGruders song, "see those clouds" then I couldn't remember all the words, so I pulled it up on YouTube and played about seven or eight of their songs and just sobbed and sang while doing 80mph on I-10.

It was a great time with just me and Jesus thinking about rapture.

Went swimming for the first time this year, yesterday. And then I dreamed I was on a hike with Ruby in OR and got bit by a snake on my toe.

Now it's off to work.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 17, 2017, 02:17:54 AMJenn, it's worse than you think. I don't even wanna stop smoking....and in sharing, I spent all day on the road doing home visits. And on a back road, I found a metric ton of tiny teacup roses growing wild. I intend to wander over on a day off and dig up some...
Teacup roses, is that what they are? Last Friday I dropped my vehicle off at the mechanic and walked home and I saw some bushes on the roadside with tiny roses. I had to look twice to make sure they were roses - I looked for thorns. Yup, they're roses alright. I never knew roses grew that small.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

They do have tiny roses! lol but in other news...I hate roses....give me alstromerias, or carnations, or hydrangeas, or tulips or..or....you get the picture any day! Bought 1.99 bunches of alstromerias and greenery from mother's day leftovers! woohoo!!

Nerve testing yesterday. I cried. Hurt, hurt especially the needles part. Have several bruises in several places.
I survived. MRI next week. After the MRI my HSA card will be officially empty. Lawd.

:hug: for melbs

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:. Yes. They are "teacup" pink roses. They grow in kinda a little cluster and very much have thorns. They poked the ever livin' mess outta me when I forgot they were own the console of the truck and put my arm on it.
 I absolutely love roses. My grandfather, who was as manly a man as you could imagine- he had ten kids with three women that we know of, and suspect more wild oats around the country- loved and raised them and apparently the gene of rose love took, while the gene of sowing wild oats, thankfully, did not. :lol:
 I feel like a fireman today- running around putting out all the fires in my client's lives.
 And Mel, I totally understand on the Mother's day. Spent a lot of it thinking about my mama too, and look forward to seeing her again one day...

Nelle

Pizza sounds SO good, so I went to the gas station at lunch and I'm now eating a slice. It's not as good as the restaurant, but it's pizza!

We have junior high graduation for one of our sunday school girls tonight. One more graduates next Tuesday. I'm not sure when the kindergarten graduations are, but we have two of those, too! I never got flowers for graduation, but I'm going to go grab a little bundle of them for the girls since we aren't having the church graduation party until June 4th. I think even the kindergartners would really enjoy getting flowers!

SOOOOO ready for Memorial Day Weekend!! I am soo ready for a miniature getaway that's not just like.. friday night, saturday and sunday morning haha.

Roscoe

Been a long day. Glad it's nearly quitting time, even though I have no big plans. Done some paperwork to send a couple away on a much needed vacation- well, it'll be a vacation for me to not have to deal with them. Them, not so much a vacation. :lol:

Heather

Love flowers. Hate roses. There is a reason I don't have any in my "permanent" bouquet. I tried to explain to Brandon the other day that just because he paid for my tattoo, that doesn't exclude him from ever getting me flowers again.  :biglaugh:

I've had some serious pain/pressure from the base of my skull to right behind my right ear. Tried to go to urgent care yesterday. They wouldn't even let me check in without me coughing up $160 and that's WITH me having health insurance now. I really wish that medical companies were in it to actually help sick people instead of just making money. So, I didn't see a doctor.

Today was load up for Trail Days at work. Trail Days happens every year in a tiny town called Damascus, Virginia. It's kind of a family reunion for hikers who have either hiked the AT [Appalachian Trail] or those currently doing a thru hike NOBO [Northbound]. Some SOBO [Southbound] hikers will also hitchhike in and back out to where they were picked up. It's quite the shindig in our area and very apt that the hippie store does well there. I'm in charge of running the store in Bristol through Saturday then Brandon and I will head up Sunday evening to hang out and help break down, load up, and move everything back to the store and storage.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's Friday!!  :partyballoons:  :partyballoons:
 Lord, I am glad it is, too. More than today of dealing with these idjits might drive me to the point of needing my own probation officer. :lol:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on May 18, 2017, 09:30:59 PMI've had some serious pain/pressure from the base of my skull to right behind my right ear. Tried to go to urgent care yesterday. They wouldn't even let me check in without me coughing up $160 and that's WITH me having health insurance now. I really wish that medical companies were in it to actually help sick people instead of just making money. So, I didn't see a doctor.

It's utterly RIDICULOUS the cost of healthcare. It's why America is sick and overweight. It makes ME sick just thinking about it.
And I'm already sick. Other countries get FREE healthcare. Why is America the one to charge when we're rich. SO STUPID.

* MsJennJenn end rant
Latest results from doc.....thyroid is problematic. Being put on thyroid medication. White blood cell count is high. Need to watch for sickness.

I feel like I'm falling apart.  :smirk2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

We got some un-needed and unwanted rain today. :pound: So tired of it. Then went and cruised some antique shops and flea markets. Had a tear come to my eye when I was in one of the antique shops looking at an old radio. The shop radio began playing "I'm all about that bass, that bass, no treble". I instantly began to laugh and tear up when the mental image of Newsman singing that song and dancing in Golden Corral's parking lot the last time I saw him, while Germ and I laughed ourselves to tears, came to miind. Lord, I miss that big nutcase. :bustamove:
 It was a good day.