News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Are you trying to see if you are gluten and lactose intolerant?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on May 07, 2017, 03:53:32 AMYay for Lou!

And on another topic... gluten free spy free dairy free "cheese pizza" just doesn't hit the spot for me. Even after adding meat, black olives, and real cheese.
I have to agree with that. You gotta have spies with your pizza or it just ain't a real pizza.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: MelodyB on May 07, 2017, 11:17:14 AMAre you trying to see if you are gluten and lactose intolerant?
Well- I am apparently gluten intolerant... and it was the only gf one I could find at that time. So I was going to try it and see if it was ok after I doctored it up. It wasn't. 

I need more time to experiment. Cause what little gluten free stuff I have found so far, even unmade to bake with is not even close to what I usually set my standard at.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on May 07, 2017, 03:53:32 AMYay for Lou!

And on another topic... gluten free spy free dairy free "cheese pizza" just doesn't hit the spot for me. Even after adding meat, black olives, and real cheese.
"___-free" food usually means "Taste-free".
My Chey girl is sick with a fever. So is our piano player, so Lou is going to church and I'm stuck at home. I guess it's just as well since I have sinus pressures and a dripping nose. SO ready for summer and the end of allergy/sinus issues. Never used to have them, but this year they're kicking my tail...

And Lou brought me some Orlistat, an Alli branded weightloss fat blocker. It's an over the counter dietary supplement that a friend had used to drop 40lbs. The friend had to discontinue because of an unrelated medical issue, and gave the left over to me. Might as well try it. If it'll help me get back on track- it'll be worth it. I totally jumped off the wagon. Okay, that's a lie. I burned it, claimed the insurance money and bought Twinkies with it. Whatever.
At any rate, I gained 25 lbs since September, and have lost 5 in the last week when I started cut back...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. I feel like something you scrape off of your boot after wandering through Cheese's barnyard.
 Summer/spring/end of winter colds and congestion are the worst. But I have 14 people scheduled today, and I've had to take off twice recently, so it's off to work I went...
For once I hope most of these people don't come in.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Rough Sunday.

Stomach problems last night. Didn't sleep much.

Just bleh.  :ignore:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It's this weather making everyone sick. :pound:

Made it through the day. Still don't feel great. Debating getting something to eat. Probably just as well eat cardboard.
My raise STILL isn't on my check. Talked to my boss, she says I should have gotten it already and was going to call and check on it. I still haven't heard anything.. Lord, I REALLY hope I get it. IT will make things much easier on us.

We got called by the body shop today" Your car is ready." So I go by, pay them, pick it up - over $2,000 in damage- and head to Conway, 20 is miles away to turn in the rental. Six miles away, we stop for gas, as the rental has to be returned full. I look down and it is pouring transmission fluid out. A call to the shop, and they came with a wrecker and took it back to the shop. Shop owner was NOT happy. Apparently they didn't get a hose or something fixed right...

Lynx

o.O

At least it wasn't "pouring coolant and I burned up the engine." If the transmission fluid runs out the car just won't go.

I've been having my share of car troubles too. I think I will never again buy a used Mazda. This 2003 MPV turns and accelerates like a terrified jackrabbit, but the accouterments are mostly made of cheap plastic that break easily. I just got the vehicle at the turn of the year and so far:
 - The door latch on the driver's side broke, requiring the mechanic to take out the driver's seat and take the door apart from the inside.
 - The key stuck in the ignition, requiring the mechanic to just remove the locking solenoid.
 - The right rear door latch broke off in my brother's hand. Cheap plastic, it just broke off.
 - Both visor mirrors fell out, and one could see really cheap glue had been used to hold them onto styrofoam.
 - The wiring in the passenger's visor started burning. That was a bit startling, driving down the road and the visor starts pouring smoke out.
 - The driver's window/door lock control panel sunk down into the door. Investigation reveals that cheap plastic had been holding it in place.

The window control panel I got fixed with zip ties and the door handle I fixed by JB Welding a wooden door handle to the latch from which the handle broke off. It's a sight, but I don't care about it hurting resale value because I drive a vehicle until the engine gives up. And for all the things that have broken, the core mechanics i.e. engine, transmission, alternator, etc. seem to be going strong.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Just secured our rental for Mount Rushmore. I could NOT trust my sweet little Ellie to make that long of a trip, even though I hate to pay to borrow a company's car (at a premium haha) for a week. Hopefully everything will go well! :)

Other than that.. business as usual around here.

Jeremy's applying for another job just a minute away from our house. He could literally walk to work every day and only take him.. 5 minutes tops. We are praying and hoping that God will have His way, even if he doesn't get this job. He hasn't been let go from his current job yet, but we are looking ahead.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Occasionally, I'll drive home at lunch, like when I have a crockpot on cooking..
And Isaac, Mazdas are pretty much bulletproof mechanically in my experience. I hate you are having other problems with it.
 We got Lou's ride back tonight. I'm glad of it. I did not care for the '17 Camry she had rented, although its gas mileage was amazing. Been busy at work. I DO love my job, but lord is it every time consuming. And this spring cold is not helping me at all..

The Purple Fuzzy

It's clouding up. I hope we get some rain, my garden is thirsty.

Roscoe

I don't wanna hear the word rain. I'm tired of it...
 Spent all day working HARD, because one of my dummies wanted to violate his parole. Went to church tonight, and one of my" special" men of God was there and preached to me.  Bro Terry Long. He's not well known, doesn't use facebook at all, and pastors a tiny church nearby- but he's one of bro Wilson's best friends and has really gotten close to me over the last couple of years. He came in a few Sundays ago when I got roped into teaching Sunday School, and listened to my lesson.
Completely caught me flat footed tonight, when he came in, leaned over, and informed me " That sunday school lesson a few weeks ago? Yeah, that was one of the best I've heard. You did great."
I couldn't tell you what it was about now. Sure didn't feel like it was worthy of that comment. But that meant more to me coming from him than honors from the President of the United States would. Big lump made me cry.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm making taco salad for supper. Hubby's sister & family is coming in tonight.

Lynx

So am I! Be right over. :D

Actually I'm gonna take a can of kidney beans, a bit of mayo and just a touch of blue cheese and take a tater masher to the whole mess. Then I'll make a sandwich out of it. I can't find it in any recipe book but I think it'll be good.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 11, 2017, 10:54:57 PMI also make chocolate pie.
I also eat chocolate pie. Therefore, we obviously need to join forces. :fork:

Today was a rough day. Around 7:20 this morning, a deputy in the county next to us responded to a domestic disturbance. While on the way, he met a vehicle matching the description of the suspect. Ten minutes later, he'd made a traffic stop and the driver shot and killed him, then went into a nearby residence and took one hostage and killed two women.
I didn't know the officer personally, but being in a nearby county, we had many mutual friends and he was a good guy from all reports. A piece of the blue family gone, hurts like he was family. Made me really think about God's protective hand throughout my career as I can point to many times things could've turned out badly for me.

And in other news, Fuzzy's rain is here. Again. I am not a fan.

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

My boss is trying to kill me. Given my health, dad's doctors appt, and my mom's knee I had given myself 3 days off this week. AFTER approving the schedule, she turned around within 12 hours and now I only have 1 day off in the next 2 week.  :roll: We had a large clothing order come in this week, we are prepping for a HUGE festival that runs the 19-21, church is having a ladies conference this weekend and dad starts chemo on monday. I'm already tired just thinking about it.

Mom messed up her knee a few weeks ago. Instead of going to have it checked out she soldiered on because she is acting manager at her CVS right now because her manager just had knee replacement surgery. Lo and behold, mom has a complex meniscus tear and has to have surgery too. She was sad because she feels there went her NFL career.

Brandon is trying to stop smoking and I've had 2 different positions offered to me at a different animal hospital. I have no idea what to do. I think I'm going to hide in my blanket fort with the cats and a book.

Also, we are actually trying to plan a beach week with my parents in October. Yay!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Totally agree with hiding in a blanket fort with a book. The cat- eh, not so much, but I'm a tiny yappy dog person, rather than a cat person.
Thank God it is FRIDAY!!!
 Totally wanna be off today, even though it is dreary and cool. Debating on having blues or Kenny Hinson playing in the background as I work this morning, and right now, blues is winning.
 It's supposed to be pretty this weekend, so I plan on completely hauling everything out of my shop and disposing of items I do not need- right after I get the yard mowed.
 And in other random sharing- I am pleased.
 As most of you know, I am a bookworm. I also rate the Right Rev Louis L'amour  as the greatest author of all time. As a kid, I used to see the leather-bound collections of his books and drool over them, but never could afford them, and now I don't find them that often. So while at the library last week, I looked and saw they had a donation shelf and there were 15 of those beautiful perfect shape leather-bound Louis L'amour books. $1 each. They came home right away and I told the library staff that if they have any more, I'll buy them too. Then I found out that you can still buy them new, although they are pricey, so I can complete the collection. So now I have to get cracking on building my bookshelves..:-)  Eat your heart out, MINI, cause I know you as big a fan as I am...

Lynx

You can't call yourself a bookworm if you don't even know who Anne McCaffrey is.  =^•^=

And a cat is much more dignified than a dog will ever be. Especially a little yappy dog.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 12, 2017, 05:43:18 PMYou can't call yourself a bookworm if you don't even know who Anne McCaffrey is.  =^•^=

And a cat is much more dignified than a dog will ever be. Especially a little yappy dog.
You've met me. Dignified isn't remotely descriptive of me. I am gloriously lacking in dignity, sophistication, and etiquette. And quite pleased in that state, the state of being an unrepentant redneck. Thus- the dog fits. Especially a yappy dog.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 13, 2017, 01:31:46 AMRednecks have BIG yappy dogs. :lol:
Daisy thinks she's big. That should count. And around here- rednecks may have anything from hound dogs to tiny little dogs. One of the toughest men I've ever worked with, who is more of a redneck tan even I can dream of, big ole 6' plus cop that takes no gruff from anyone- his sidekick for the last 17 years is a tiny yappy, Chihuahua named Sarge. LOL

Roscoe

Well. I started the day by mowing, as planned. Got half the shop half emptied/destroyed before kids from the church showed up and wheedled me into going on a 2 hour drive in Rusty, to Falling Waters, a semi locally famous swimming hole/waterfall. Then we took Lou to dinner for Mother's day and have finally found a couch and a movie to watch.......