News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Hate to hear about the storms in your area Fuzzy. It got hairy around here last night to. Much flooding and a lot of wind. I'm fixing to go out and see if I had any damage..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

we had bad storms a couple days ago. had i not been at work, Tiny Car would have gotten walloped by a couple tree branches that came off the pine trees around the driveway.

ive had 2 job offers at animal hospitals the last week, but with dad [and possibly my own health issues, possible fibro  :roll: ], I just can't see myself full time at an animal hospital again. plus both of them would at least be a 45 minute commute each way.

dad has had his MRI and he goes Tuesday for his other scan. his oncologist pretty much harassed the insurance for 2 days straight to get approval. we go Thursday for results, treatment, and the plan for this round of chemo and radiation.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

We had an eventful weekend in Arkansas at my parents'! Tornado warnings and no electricity, but thankfully no flooding at their house!

We came home Sunday afternoon/evening, and our house is still in good shape. Some areas around here are very flooded, and more water on the way from up north. My sis-in-law and her little family had to evacuate and are staying at my mother-in-laws house. Hopefully things can get better instead of worse!

Roscoe

Made it through a Monday....And boy did it feel like one too. And tomorrow is court. And I need to harness up the energy to put Rusty's new starter on, but it wasn't available today.

Sometimes I think I'm wishing my life away. But I am living for the weekends lately. Right now my big countdown is for the car show in June. Can't wait for it....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Nothing much to report from my side of the screen. I've been beta-testing a (very good) mod someone is making for a 17 year old game. I seem to have an unhappy genius for finding program bugs, mostly because I do things normal people wouldn't think of doing.

"Hey did you know you can farm tranquilizer darts? Just let the guy fire at you and keep dodging, then pick them out of the wall. That's a definite exploit that should be fixed."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard to believe it is already May. This year is flying by.

sunlight

I had an unexpected day off, and I just woke up. :halo: that was the best nap!
Chicks are hatching.
First attempt at quail eggs are going In The incubator.
Still have 2 rows of green beans to pick. And squash, and cucumbers.
I need to find a way to get the tomatoes off the ground.
Need to start separating out the roosters from the grow out pen.
Need to clean out the baby chick pen.
Need to finish going through garage sale stuff.
Need to clean out my car. 
Need to wash dishes. And clean out the fridge.
Need to do laundry. And vacuum.
Anyone wanna come help? Lol.

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Well, my day did NOT go according to schedule, but I thank God for His protective hand. About 6:30, I heard the phone ring while I was getting ready for work. It was Lou, but it's not uncommon for her to call half a dozen times just to tell me to put out the trash or get Chey ready for school. She has a knack for treating me like a four year old. :lol: I figured I'd call her back as soon as I finished shaving. Ten minutes later, she opens the door, obviously shaken and hurting. About to cry, she told me she'd hit a deer.
As the car sat puking out transmission fluid, I checked on her. Thankfully, she had wore her seatbelt which is rare in my experience. As she was going to work, she topped a blind hill to see the car ahead of her swerve. She saw a large animal right of her and she swerved to the left. The deer jumped right in her way. If there had been a car coming or if she'd swerved the other way, it'd have been real bad. And if she were still in the Malibu, the deer likely would've came through the windshield. As it was it tore the lower bumper on the Lincoln up, busted out a park light, and apparently broke a transmission line or cooler, as it leaked a lot of transmission fluid.

The deductible is $500 bucks. And I'm out another $70 for our part of the car rental. But thank God, she's okay, the deductible COULD have been $1000, and unlike our former insurance, this time we have car rental coverage. And State Farm has been amazing so far. Ten minutes on the phone with them, and I had a tow truck picking up the car, a rental reserved, and arrangements made to fix the car. About as painless a process as it could be.

And when I got home, I put the starter on Rusty so I have a backup vehicle if necessary now.
Now I'll go run my poor girl a hot bath and let her soak, because she is gonna be sore tomorrow.....

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

We are supposed to have another round of storms today. We shall see.

Roscoe

Nelle

Aww.. Roscoe.. That sounds horrible, but I'm glad for how horrible it was - the recent changes seem to have saved you some money!! And glad your wife is okay!

Jeremy's job is in danger - again. He's on their corporate yo-yo, I think. Pray for his mind, and that maybe we could find a better job for him that seems more stable. I'm not really sure of what's going on there, but I know my husband, and he bends over backwards for everyone except himself, so I don't think it's ALL him, haha. We need to be where God wants us to be, including jobs.

Unfortunately with our current job outlook, I think we are going to have to cancel our first big trip since our honeymoon. We are still going to Mount Rushmore this July (for now at least!), but our Mexico trip for next summer is off for now. I'm really bummed about it, because I've never been out of the country, and we never go on big vacations. We've never been in a place financially to even think about it. We've finally gotten to a better place financially speaking, and then his job burps that up for us, too. Small problem in the grand scheme of life, but we were looking forward to finally having a real vacation and actually relaxing. The 'woe is me' part of me wants to whine about everyone else around here getting to go on lavish vacations all the time, and us never going anywhere but to my parents house, haha. I'll pray about that part of me. ;)

MsJennJenn

Same here. It's raining today.

That stinks Nelle. Mexico is so cheap though. And if you're planning this far ahead you never know!!! The Bahama's can be just as cheap as Mexico though. FYI> If you go in non-peak season ...May...you can go for less than $1k. My best friend and I did. Anything in the Caribbean is going to be cheap from May-August ish....cus it's non-peak/hurricane season. lol which sounds scary....but isn't really.

Another dr appointment tomorrow. Blood pressure isn't good.
Outcome from last weeks visit is stressful. Nothing major really. Yet.

Just need to lose weight. Exercise. Get on a better diet. Sigh.
Stressing.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Hi all.

I'm currently trying to make sure I'm eating right and dieting.  Not as fun as it sounds. And I passed on a free dinner today because of it. But I ate my salad like a good boy.

Roscoe, looks like you are going to have to take up hunting.  Your wife seems to be a better hunter than you.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Currently in the same boat vis a vis eating right. I've done better today. I've got to get back on the wagon- I've gained 25 lbs since September. Nobody to blame but myself.  But I didn't go get my weekly ribs today so that's a move in the right, painful direction.
And Lou is a better hunter than I. I just wished she'd use a $500 rifle instead of a $15k dollar car for her weapon of choice.

And I know all about woe is me. I told God, "I know you said it rains on the just and the unjust- but I'm kinda in the middle of a hundred year flood apparently, send me an Ark". LOL Seems like every time  we get ahead, we get slapped cross-eyed. But I know we aren't the only ones.

Went to church. Good service although not a shouting service.

MsJennJenn

Saw doctor. He's not too worried about my blood pressure. But did put me on a low-dose medicine for 4 weeks. Wants to see me again then.

Said diet and exercise could bring it down naturally also which could then discontinue the bp meds.

If only diet and exercise were easy.

Sigh.

:sadbounce:

But in other news a pharmacist sent me flowers for taking care of his shifts during his time of loss.
That was a nice thing to show up this week. Needed that a lot.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

The one week I finally think we may not hit single digits in the bank account before another check, Brandon decides he desperately needs a haircut AND he is having some crazy tire issues. Sigh...

Dad's oncologist appointment went extremely well. The barrage of tests showed that his initial tumor has had the slightest amount of growth and one lymph node has the tiniest bit of cancer in it. The Doctor is super excited because we caught everything super early. Radiation starts tomorrow and we do 4 rounds of chemo this time.

I'm spending the rest of the day cleaning house, reading, and possibly taking a nap. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and after taking dad to radiation I think we are going to lunch and possibly the movies [if we can afford it. lol]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Who ordered all of this rain?

I spent my entire night trying to cheer my husband up. He's normally the corny weird one, and I'm the quiet moody weird one, haha. Things will get better!

Heather, that stinks about the account! Our first few years of marriage were SOOO hard financially. Short version - He wasn't getting paid very well, and I was paid decently, but still not well. Then about a month into our marriage, we got slapped with a lawsuit for a car that his ex-wife had let go back to the bank. He had to file bankruptcy to get that to go away because of their divorce paperwork not including specifically who took possession of the vehicle. We had some great family (who also doubles as our pastor) help us out in several ways, and between them, our sticking together and working through it, and God - we are much better now than we were. We always just made it, and I'm so thankful that God has shown that we can trust Him. He's always right there, even if the problems don't resolve quick enough (or even at all).  Praying you have a GREAT anniversary, and that God blesses you two!

I thought about my Mexico comment, and I felt petty, so let me say a quick statement: I'd prefer him to have a stable, happy job than go to Mexico ever. :)

Sitting here eating not-so-sour gummy worms. These are apparently my newest addiction. I really like them.. just like when I was just a wee little girl and my momma let me go to Candy Craze! haha..  I miss all those stores. I rarely go into Candy Craze anymore (and I only know of like... two of them near here). I miss Gadzooks. I miss how excited I was everytime I got NEAR Claires! I could've lived in that store. Now I'm the grumpy old lady complaining about how tight all the displays are and how hard it is to get around, haha.

We also complain (to each other) about when people are too loud outside or are in our yard, LOL. Who knew we would be 'old' when we were 32 & 33! haha..

Nelle

I forgot!

MJJ!! Hopefully that pill helps you out some. Have you noticed if your sodium intake drastically affects it?  It's SOO hard with practically EVERYthing having so much sodium in it these days. Jeremy's blood pressure is great after his gastric sleeve surgery in March, but before that, if he missed his pills - we thought he was having a heart attack a few times! I always looked for foods that would help lower it naturally. I wonder if there are some natural things that could help that too.

Roscoe

:hi:
Great news about your dad Heather.

'Twas a busy day today. A REALLY busy day. I never have to worry about running out of work in my line of work. It finally stopped the infernal raining here. Supposed to be pretty the next three days. And it appears that they have already started on Lou's car, as when I went by to get Lou's gun out of the console, it was already inside the shop.

And I wish it was easier to lose weight too. How come it's so easy to put it on, and so hard to get it off?? :pound:

And in final sharing for the day- maybe- I am cooking country ribs and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Lynx

And in local news, I'll be going to Arkansas for dinner... :D 

No I'll probably be having tuna fish for dinner. Oh well.

Note to self: Never tick off either Bobby or his wife. They are both packing. Not sure about the daughter, she might even carry too.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 05, 2017, 10:19:58 AMAnd in local news, I'll be going to Arkansas for dinner... :D 

No I'll probably be having tuna fish for dinner. Oh well.

Note to self: Never tick off either Bobby or his wife. They are both packing. Not sure about the daughter, she might even carry too.
Daughter is saving for a beautiful Kimber Bel Air .380 caliber pistol. It's awesome and a beautiful blue reminiscent of the car from the '50s it's named for... She should have enough saved by the time she's old enough to carry it- it's an $900 gun.

And I am usually packing multiple guns. :lol:
 Speaking of which,I got Lou's gun today. They are just waiting on the transmission cooler and then they can put the Lincoln back together.

And say a prayer for Lou. One of her cashiers, who has been known to drink, went off on her this morning and tried to get her fired. As luck would have it, the main store manager is on vacation and the substitute manager is an atheist who hates anyone who remotely seems to believe in a God, much less live it like Lou does. Long story short the substitute accused Lou of lying to her "in the past" and when asked to name when and what Lou had lied to her about, of course she couldn't do it. That didn't stop her from manufacturing a way to write Lou up. Lou's upset, although her immediate boss is on her side. I told her to leave it in God's hands and speak to the store manager when he returns from vacation. Funny thing is, the boss on Lou's side? She's a dyed in the wool pentagram wearing pagan.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Beautiful day. Lou went back to work where she talked with a comanager and was told not to worry, she's okay. Made her feel much better, and they are investigating the one that wrote her up. God means it when He says "touch not mine anointed.". Like  I told Lou, I think too many times we look at that verse (Psalms 105:5) and consider it as meaning the ministry, or at least I did. But if you are a Holy Ghost filled child of the King, YOU are anointed..

And meanwhile, I dropped Chey off at a youth service, which I probably should've stayed at. But, as I haven't had time to do ANY thing around the house or repair wise, I left it to the kiddos and did some housework. And put new rear shocks on Rusty, he needed them bad and I had them so on they went. And they are air shocks too, meaning when we hook the camper on him, we can hit a bit of air in them and keep him level...

sunlight

Yay for Lou!

And on another topic... gluten free spy free dairy free "cheese pizza" just doesn't hit the spot for me. Even after adding meat, black olives, and real cheese.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!