News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on April 18, 2017, 02:47:51 AMI'm ready for this year to start looking up. And for everyone to quit expecting everything to be done all at once. That's all. The end.

Totally understand. There myself. Praying for ya..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 19, 2017, 02:58:52 PMI'm here, where are you?
Training.  In Russellville.  Praying  for deliverance and a message for tonight. ..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on April 19, 2017, 04:55:26 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 19, 2017, 02:58:52 PMI'm here, where are you?
Training.  In Russellville.  Praying  for deliverance and a message for tonight. ..

What did ya preach?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Well, I survived the training. And last night....Did a fair amount of "rabbit chasing" but made it through the bible study which was well received.

I took the 9th chapter of John, and basically went over it verse by verse. I  titled it  "One Thing I Know". Pointed out the healing of the blind man took action on his part- it didn't just happen..among other things. If I could get my dropbox account to co-operate I'd upload it.

MelodyB

I'm here. At work.

So tired of Burger King.

Trying to go across the street to the gas station, but the job I was offered isn't posted to the website and I can't apply in person, it has to be online and I can't apply online till the job shows up. 

Soon. Soon.

It's a dollar more an hour, plus more hours, plus a raise after 30 days and another raise after 90 days..
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Pray you get it, Mel! If it's God's will of course.
 And I need to dash in here and do a praise dance. My supervisor just sent me paperwork to sign - for my one year promotion. It came with a healthy 10% raise.
I wasn't sure if I'd get it, since I was close to the top end of the pay scale, but I am going up a position level and apparently that salary range goes up too. :party:

Lynx

Has it already been a year? It seems like a couple of months ago you announced you got the job...

Maybe I'm just getting old. You know what they say, time is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end of it, the faster it unwinds.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 20, 2017, 05:48:04 PMHas it already been a year? It seems like a couple of months ago you announced you got the job...

Maybe I'm just getting old. You know what they say, time is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end of it, the faster it unwinds.
YES. It has been a year. And YES- you are getting old. :-p

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 21, 2017, 01:03:02 AM
Quote from: Lynx on April 20, 2017, 05:48:04 PMHas it already been a year? It seems like a couple of months ago you announced you got the job...

I think I will suggest in my prayers tonight that it would be eminently suitable if what remained of your hair fell out overnight. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I've been working a lot. My boss is on week 3 of being out of town/state/I think she's in California today....

Dad had his CT scan Tuesday. It's not good. His initial tumor [the inoperable one] is growing again. It doubled in size in 3 months. Another scan on Tuesday and an MRI next saturday to make sure it hasn't spread again and we start chemo and radiation May 2nd.

Now I know why God wouldn't let school work out......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 21, 2017, 01:03:02 AM

I concur.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Praying for y'all, Heather.

And Isaac- the way my hair has been for the last several years, losing it probably wouldn't make that big an impact. :lol:

And in sharing- today was......interesting. So, I get to work a tad early and commence with drinking my coffee and checking my email before everyone arrives. One of the other parole officers yell down the hall- "Good morning. Oh, and Rena (other parole officer) says to go out front and arrest the naked dude." Wait, what??
I go out front and there's two cops talking with a dude wearing a pair of boxer briefs- which was NOT covering the gifts that God had given him- and a American flag wore as a cape. Rena pulls up and advised that dude man was one of her clients and apparently has had a mental breakdown. You could say that- he's telling me he's the original black man and he's white, telling me that he is married to Dolly Parton, whose picture he is wearing around his neck, and other various nonsense.
 Long story short, we wound up taking him to Little Rock to the mental hospital. It made the day interesting. On the bright side, we got to eat Hog pen ribs on the way home.
 Now, I'm glad this is the weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was in the 80s this week but supposed to drop in the 40s tonight but in 90s next week. :eyeroll:

Roscoe

It was gloomy and cool today. I am very ready for the summer. I have done nothing today, other than go to the library, grocery shop and cook dinner (Homemade Meatball subs and buttermilk pie).

Roscoe

Alright, this no posting is outta hand....:sadbounce: We gonna wind up losing this place for real if someone doesn't start posting...

Awesome church service tonight. Had a backslider pray back through.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

I never check this on weekends....or a night really lol.....just usually during the day at work.

I know....not what you want to hear.... :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Anyone ever find out bout that talkatap app or whatever it was porter mentioned that would make it phone friendly?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

I'm not real literate with phones...:pound: But I think it's  a Tapatalk app....some of my other (hotrod) forums use it as well. And Jenn- you totaly need to check in during the important bits of life. It's only a few seconds of a day..:pound:

In sharing- drama at work. Prayers for a situation involving a good friend and coworker.
And I'm ready for the weekend. Already.

Nelle

I get to see my parents this weekend!

We are also slowly getting stuff together for our Mount Rushmore trip for the 4th of July! Our tent went down about $14 in price since we first looked at it!  And I managed to snag one of the last coolers on Walmart's website that we wanted. It was sold out for my area, but since we are going this weekend to my parents' house, I had it to pickup near them. :) Score!

Lynx

The Forum as it is, combined with Android's in-house speech to text works pretty well for me.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 24, 2017, 05:07:52 PMI'm not real literate with phones...:pound: But I think it's  a Tapatalk app....some of my other (hotrod) forums use it as well. And Jenn- you totaly need to check in during the important bits of life. It's only a few seconds of a day..:pound:

In sharing- drama at work. Prayers for a situation involving a good friend and coworker.
And I'm ready for the weekend. Already.

I know but not at work means I have to check it from my phone....lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller