News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on October 14, 2017, 01:04:58 AMChristmas music in October...bah humbug.

I'm moving. Ugh. It will be better for me over all. But I hate moving.

Agreed to the Christmas music. I don't even like it AT Christmas.

And I'm moving also. Got me a duplex back in Euless. Now I'll be 5 mins from Mom & Dad and church. (instead of 15 haha)
Same rent I pay now, three tiny rooms, a backyard. CANT WAIT TO GROW A GARDEN IN THE SPRING!

I move Nov 3. Time is d r a g g i n g.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Completely on board with the bah humbug Christmas crowd.
And yes, Isaac, you were right. It is Southern Comfort brand, because I instantly thought  of the alcoholic product. Double checked before buying it, even though our Walmart does not sell alcoholic beverages.
If I get desperate, I'll take a couple doses of "Pentecostal Sippin' Whiskey", aka Nyquil, and chase it with the eggnog. :lol:

Been busy all morning, working on my sex offender files. Ick. Some parts of the job I really dislike. By the time I get done working on these files and going over their offenses, all 24 of them, I'll need mind bleach, a strong amount of God's Grace so I don't kill folks, and something humorous.  But I HAVE to get and keep the files organized so I don't miss anything with the sick folk...:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I'm abnormally pro-holidays this year. I've been really into decorating our house for fall and I'm excited about Christmas. I needed whatever mood Christmas music brought with it that day.. and I could use it again today, haha.

Mel - I'm so glad you're getting into a better situation!! Plus you guys can split the costs of food as well! That'll be so great for you and SUCH a relief for your mind. God works in neat ways huh?!

MJJ - Glad you're getting closer to your peoples! We live about 7 minutes from church and it comes in SO handy at times, haha. I always lived at least 45 min from church and work and social life, before I married! haha..

My husband was let go from his job on Friday. I'm thankful that God has provided me with an incredible job, and my Christmas bonus has already kicked in & we signed him up for unemployment - so we are going to be okay financially for a bit, but I am praying that God can lead Jeremy to the right job and workplace. I'm also just concerned for his mental well-being. It's been really hard on him, he's constantly worried about letting me down - which I've explained over and over... that our vows didn't promise wealth, comfort, and never worrying.. just love and growing old together. He's a hard worker, just hard on himself too haha. So whisper a prayer for him this week please! Today is his first day without a job in a very long time.

We had a pretty successful day at church yesterday! Pastor Appreciation went off well! We had the kids do their fingerprints in multi-colored paints and made an outline of a white cross on a canvas for our pastor. It's beautiful! We also have SEVERAL new bus kids and they are so sweet. We are working on maintaining them and growing our Sunday school even more!

Nelle

I'm listening to Christmas music again today.

We had bought three sets of blinds at Lowe's a week ago, and Jeremy went to install the first set yesterday - the blind curse has continued, LOL. We have to take them back tonight to get the correct size because they were too small. HAHAHA. No matter HOW many times we measure, we always have the wrong blinds the first try. Does that happen at anyone else's house?! lol..

We have had our windows up in the house for the last two months since our a/c broke about that long ago. I had to close most of them last night because it has gotten SO cold unless it's sunny out. Where did fall go? I'm afraid winter is showing up already, haha.

Roscoe

:hi: Been on the road all day. Like over 200 miles, checking on offender's and making sure they are where they claim to be.....
Finally home, had time to re-mulch one flower bed before it got dark...
 Oh, and a friend sent me a facebook add for a local church- the local Methodist church. The ad blew me away. They are advertising "Beer and Bibles"  and inviting folks to meet them at a local bar/restaurant for "fellowship". Really?!? I knew there were differences in opinions on scripture, but going that far?
 I texted the ad to Mini. Curiously, he declined to participate..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

We move nov 1st :waves: at the rest of the movers
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on October 17, 2017, 11:45:32 PMWe move nov 1st :waves: at the rest of the movers
Oh, but you gotta bring us up to date??!? It should 1) be in Arkansas and 2) at the very least be a good radio spot so Robbie can radio...

mini

I know I'm crazy, but I'm driving myself crazier.  

*sigh*

As Roscoe can attest through our roughly 45000 text messages in the last two weeks, God has been exceedingly good to us.  But one aspect of that has been the need for a decent lower mile car.  

I have found 2 cars that "did it" for me.

One I looked at yesterday has long been a dream car of mine.  Bu when I started it, it blew enough vapor smoke to hide the salesman for 5 to 10 seconds who was standing ~10 away.  It drove great, but that was a exorbitant amount of "vapor". So now I'm not so sure.... *sigh*

Here's a post I made about that same car 5 years ago....lol.

http://mission238.com/forum/index.php?topic=32612.msg947063#msg947063

The other was out of my price range, but man.  2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Overland package.  Leather everywhere.  Sunroof from front to back seats.  But the responsible adult in me says no, while the other part of me says yes.

There are so many options on the market it's crazy.

One good thing is I have discovered a website that allows me to search cars for sale a little better.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 18, 2017, 11:44:34 AMI know I'm crazy, but I'm driving myself crazier. 

*sigh*

As Roscoe can attest through our roughly 45000 text messages in the last two weeks, God has been exceedingly good to us.  But one aspect of that has been the need for a decent lower mile car. 

One I looked at yesterday has long been a dream car of mine.  Bu when I started it, it blew enough vapor smoke to hide the salesman for 5 to 10 seconds who was standing ~10 away.  It drove great, but that was a exorbitant amount of "vapor". So now I'm not so sure.... *sigh*

The other was out of my price range, but man.  2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Overland package.  Leather everywhere.  Sunroof from front to back seats.  But the responsible adult in me says no, while the other part of me says yes.

One good thing is I have discovered a website that allows me to search cars for sale a little better.
You need to bite the bullet.LOL.  Speaking from experience with commuting, if you buy a meh car, it's gonna be boring and repetitive, , maybe even annoying. But- if you buy a fun car, something YOU like- even if it's a Kia (something no one with taste would admit)- It'll make the drive home a pleasure and enjoyable. When I had a fun car (Miata, Corvette), I enjoyed the time it took to get back and forth to work. When it was troublesome (Lincoln) or boring (Canyon) it was simply a pain.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on October 18, 2017, 11:44:34 AMI know I'm crazy, but I'm driving myself crazier. 

*sigh*

As Roscoe can attest through our roughly 45000 text messages in the last two weeks, God has been exceedingly good to us.  But one aspect of that has been the need for a decent lower mile car. 

One I looked at yesterday has long been a dream car of mine.  Bu when I started it, it blew enough vapor smoke to hide the salesman for 5 to 10 seconds who was standing ~10 away.  It drove great, but that was a exorbitant amount of "vapor". So now I'm not so sure.... *sigh*

The other was out of my price range, but man.  2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Overland package.  Leather everywhere.  Sunroof from front to back seats.  But the responsible adult in me says no, while the other part of me says yes.

Chel, what kind of car was your convertable? Wasn't it a Pontiac G-something?

sunlight

Lynx

I remember that car. It looked like a sensible convertible, something I would have sworn did not exist until I saw Chel's car. I didn't think such a thing was *impossible* but I had no idea any company actually made anything like that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 17, 2017, 11:32:37 PMOh, and a friend sent me a facebook add for a local church- the local Methodist church. The ad blew me away. They are advertising "Beer and Bibles"  and inviting folks to meet them at a local bar/restaurant for "fellowship". Really?!? I knew there were differences in opinions on scripture, but going that far?
 I texted the ad to Mini. Curiously, he declined to participate..
Really? I mean... really? That's the kind of thing you would see as a "news" article in The Onion, a site for fake, farcical news.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Straight from their facebook page. "Bibles and beer is tomorrow night! Join FUMC at Yesterday's at 6:00 PM for dinner and fellowship."
It's legit.  :roll:

And in reference to the convertible hardtop- Ford did that in 1959 with their retractable hardtop. Awesome concept, but if the hydraulic pumps go out, you get wet and spend a ton to replace them.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 18, 2017, 01:08:53 PMBut- if you buy a fun car, something YOU like- even if it's a Kia (something no one with taste would admit)- It'll make the drive home a pleasure and enjoyable. When I had a fun car (Miata, Corvette), I enjoyed the time it took to get back and forth to work. When it was troublesome (Lincoln) or boring (Canyon) it was simply a pain.

Hey I have a Kia Optima 11' and I have taste. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 18, 2017, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 18, 2017, 01:08:53 PMBut- if you buy a fun car, something YOU like- even if it's a Kia (something no one with taste would admit)- It'll make the drive home a pleasure and enjoyable. When I had a fun car (Miata, Corvette), I enjoyed the time it took to get back and forth to work. When it was troublesome (Lincoln) or boring (Canyon) it was simply a pain.

Hey I have a Kia Optima 11' ......
Thank you for making my point. :hypocrite:  LOL.

Okay, let me rephrase-" something no MAN with taste and a mancard would admit"...

Lynx

Bobby I just googled "beer and bible outreach" and found a lot of results. Apparently this really IS a thing.

Strange times we live in. I don't even know why people like the stuff.

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

A girl I worked with had horses. She said beer smelled like horse pee.
:o

Lynx

Wow. Thank you Fuzzy for that information.

This starts a rather bizarre chain of thought. What do you feed horses in order to get lager? What do you feed them to get a "light" beer?

Great. Now I'm never gonna get any sleep tonight.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

LOL. Well...I've never smelled horse pee and don't expect that I shall.
I am ready for a vacation. And a little miffed tonight. Lou's boss is wanting her to work a 10 am to 8 pm shift Thanksgiving day. I told Lou to tell her she would work a morning shift and be off for Thanksgiving supper, or an evening shift and be off for Thanksgiving lunch, but it is not fair to schedule anyone in such a manner that no family meal can be had. That's ridiculous. Everyone else in the store is scheduled so they get one or the other off..

Lynx

On the other hand you know your wife is a good worker. They don't put the slackers on a hectic day like Thanksgiving. Only the A-list players are in on those days.

But yeah that doth stink greatly.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Morning! It's Friday. thank God. Now if I can just get through the day without killing anyone.....

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on October 18, 2017, 03:15:03 AM
Quote from: sunlight on October 17, 2017, 11:45:32 PMWe move nov 1st :waves: at the rest of the movers
Oh, but you gotta bring us up to date??!? It should 1) be in Arkansas and 2) at the very least be a good radio spot so Robbie can radio...

We move into our neighbors house we just bought that is half the size of ours... gonna have to garage sale and store stuff to fit. Lol.

MsJennJenn

Why are you downsizing Chel?

The sister set me up last night. Guy lives in Florida, my age, cute.
He's already text me. :hypocrite:

We'll see what happens.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:sing: Jenn's got a boyfriend, Jenn's got a boyfriend!!! :sing:

It's a slippery slope. A set up....then a date.....then marriage. Then you wake up one day old, with a mortgage, and a daily routine, counting down days until retirement. Yep.     You has started the path of being old.

Hello, all. Chel, I wish I had time and money for us to slip down. I'm sure I could find a truckload of your yardsale stuff I need, given Robbie's taste similarities to mine... probably even a truck to load. :lol:

And today was HORRIBLE. Our beloved sheriff's office arrested a TON of people last night, most of whom was on parole or probation. The majority on a good friend's caseload. The same good friend that covered for me on my vacation, whom I owe large. The same good friend that was off on vacation today. I spent all day doing violation reports and paperwork. The good side is, she should not have anything extra to do when she comes back on Monday. And  that's what friends do...
But I'm gonna enjoy the weekend. Nothing I have to do for a change. Sadly, no money to do anything I'd like too.