News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Home made dishwasher soap (Mel this is for you)

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, June 13, 2011, 01:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Found this for dish washer soap:

Dishwasher Detergent

Here's a simple recipe for dishwasher soap:

• 1 cup of borax
• 1 cup of baking soda
• ¼ cup of table salt
• 2 packets (half an ounce) of unsweetened lemon Kool-Aid

You can try to save even more by buying ingredients in bulk, but another idea is to find smaller and much cheaper boxes at your local dollar store: a good idea to since you'll want to try a small amount at first to see if you like the results. The amounts listed above are good for 16 loads -- one tablespoon each -- so even small batches will last a while.

Other recipes online vary: For example, we found one that suggested combining only borax and baking soda, 1 tablespoon each per load. Another suggested adding a little citrus essential oil to make it smell nice: We didn't try that one, however, because we had difficulty finding inexpensive citrus oil online. Then there's this recipe, which goes in a different direction altogether:

• 2 bars of shredded Octagon soap
• 1 cup of baking soda
• ¼ cup of washing soda
• ¼ cup of lemon juice

This one calls for melting the shredded soap in five quarts of water and then mixing in the other ingredients. If that sounds a little like the recipe for laundry detergent we wrote about last year, that's because it is.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112897/make-simple-cheap-detergents-moneytalks

Lynx

HA!  So I'm NOT the only one who scrolls through the yahoo newsbites!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

We use that, lemon extract works too.  & I use the laundry soap one & use it for dish soap too Except I prefer using liquid castille soap instead of dissolving a bar. After so many bars of soap, it gets tedious.

SippinTea

Ooo... I seriously had just asked Chris a couple days ago if he knew of any make-your-own dishwasher soaps. He didn't. So. Thanks, Sandra! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

This one is super cheap:

Water
Elbow Grease

Mix hot water with a hefty portion of elbow grease.  Dishes come out spotless.  :P

:hypocrite:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Chseeads on June 14, 2011, 08:24:26 PM
This one is super cheap:

Water
Elbow Grease

Mix hot water with a hefty portion of elbow grease.  Dishes come out spotless.  :P

:hypocrite:
The problem is though, unless you have a giant dishwasher most peoples elbow grease wont fit inside when the door is closed. LOL
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Just put em in the kitchen and close the door.