News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Dad had a bad weekend. He's starting to feel some better but there are a LOT of naps in his life right now.

Husband and I went to my home church this weekend. I've been praying about going back. It's my home church after all. I was surprised that Brandon voluntarily went with me. He did admit prior to service that he doesn't like any church because he feels conviction the whole time he's there. After service and going to take care of my dad, we talked on the way home and he said he could get used to going there with no prompting from me. I'm taking it as an answer to my prayers.

Also Brandon has decided that Mel just needs to move up here. She hasn't budged yet though.

His dog has thankfully stopped relieving herself in my closet, but I've been told she barks the entire time both of us are gone.  :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 28, 2016, 08:00:30 PMIsaac, everyone confesses to the parole officer. 'Cause I'll find out anyway. Once they in my office, they MINE. I have drug tests on the shelf.
 And slightly off the topic, it's kinda shocking to have one of the parole officers go to get one of the test and hear them say, "Crud. We're outta Meth." :lol:
HA! That's fantastic! Wish I had been there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. HAd a guy offer to trade me a Jeep plus cash for the 'vette. I'd love a Jeep, and this one had all kinds of goodies- but sadly was a four cylinder. No power. I'm gonna pass, but man, I want a Jeep...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I would eventually like a Jeep as well. Brandon seems to think I'd get myself in trouble though if I had one. I have no idea why he would think that. It could be because when I had the Passport there was a lot of 'I can do that' that made him nervous.  :cool:

Heather

Sorry to double post but what do you all use to change your avatar? I used to use photobucket but every time I get on there it's a complete mess and won't let me do anything past load a photo onto it. It's aggravating!

MsJennJenn

I use photobucket too. but I have to do it from the actual website and not from the app. It is a pain though. That sites not very mobile friendly.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Yeah, me and photobucket have nearly parted ways over their pain in the rear actions. They used to be easy, but they've "improved" it and made it difficult to use. :pound:
 And a Jeep would probably get me in trouble too. Offroading and a capable vehicle like that makes me feel ten feet tall and bulletproof- even when it's obvious I'm not. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I'm trying to use the site from my laptop and all it's doing is spinning trying to load and bombarding me with ads. Ugh. All I want to do is resize a picture!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

SippinTea

Sandra, what would it take to convince Clarence he needs to smoke chipotles, etc, and become our supplier?? :D

Just in case anyone here wants the info (and isn't on the PRS FB page) we have a few jars of all three heats/flavors on the shelf right at the moment. I don't think that's ever happened before. LOL So if you want/need some, tell me quick. ;)

Feeling a little weirded out right now. There's an individual who left church a while back under some pretty yucky circumstances, but they love C's salsa. When they found out via FB that he's finally selling it, they started promoting it, and I got a message earlier today saying they have a customer who wants to buy some. They want to know if I'll ship some to them.  :roll:  Uh, most local people just pick-up, but whatever. It feels.... odd. You don't want to be around church anymore, you walked away from a bunch of people who love you, and you want to pretend nothing's happened and buy salsa from me?? Awkward. I wish we were already in stores locally so I could just tell him to go buy one off the shelf. lol

Teddy is still acting pretty grumpy. So out of character for my usually happy baby. I'm assuming he's still not feeling well.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

I can't wait to try the other two heats!

And on the Friday topic...I'm NOT looking forward to Friday THIS week... Work has been blissfully SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWW these last couple weeks of the month, and since Friday is the first, and the third is on Sunday, EVERYONE will get their goverment checks and such on Thursday at midnight...that means they will be hitting the fast food for breakfast and make us busy. And something is wrong with our air conditioning in the back and I have been pouring sweat the last few days, and that's with it not being busy. I can't imagine when we actually have to hustle!

But, I'm not really complaining. The Lord has blessed me with this job and I am making it on my own now. I really like the job too, dispite the heat and the crazy first-of-the-month people.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Oh shoot, I didn't think about that! We're gonna get killed at our workplace too...

*Lynx goes off to invest in some body armor.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We will also be slammed this weekend but not because of the 1st. It's because it's the 4th on Monday and our diner is located 1.5ish miles from the lake and the public boat dock. I was warned that last year they were lined out the door, across the porch, and into the parking lot. People were apparently parking along the highway.

Ruby-As someone who has been in and out of church for various reasons, I can assure you it is awkward on their end as well. Just roll with it and maybe it'll be a way for them to reconnect to some church people. You never know.

Service last night was awesome. I'm so glad we decided to go back. I even had a good conversation with my ex and his wife [who I LOVE] last night and it wasn't awkward at all. Brandon got home from work and asked if I'd gone to church there. When I said yes, he said he was glad because that's where he wants to go! Woo!!

Roscoe

:hi: Nothing to report, really. Had a visiting preacher last night. Stomped all over my toes. Preached on gluttoney- but not necessarily food, but things. 

Roscoe

:hi: ya'll need to POST!! :pound:
Thank God it is Friday. I am ready for this three day weekend. I have ZERO that has to be done, and a ton that NEEDS to be done. Bottom line is, I'll do exactly what I want to, nothing more. :lol:

Lynx

Coincidentally that's what I do too... might be why not much gets done around here.

But you are not me and you will probably do more than I would have done. I would not have built a teardrop camper.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on July 01, 2016, 12:57:00 PM:hi: ya'll need to POST!! :pound:
Thank God it is Friday. I am ready for this three day weekend. I have ZERO that has to be done, and a ton that NEEDS to be done. Bottom line is, I'll do exactly what I want to, nothing more. :lol:

Friday is just another day for me since I don't get Saturdays off

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

For us Saturday workers, Friday just doesn't hold that same pizzazz.

Dad is feeling so much better! Yay! I went by their house after work today. We were talking about our plans to go to Michigan the beginning of August. It's been 11 years since I've seen that part of my family. Plus my parents were awesome and gave me a pack of toilet paper and bough me a pizza. [It's a really horrible week for us financially.]

Brandon should be finishing up our landlady/neighbors porch this weekend. Also we will be finishing up some odd jobs for her mom. Then it'll be onto the next job for her in exchange for rent money.

Also, Brandon is already talking about being excited for church Sunday!!  :cool:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

2 posts in 2 days.

I still blame Roscoe.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Everything is Roscoe's fault. Everything.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Hey! Ya can't blame me for anything! I is innocent....at least  until proven guilty. :teeth:

So, got up early this morning.  Chey and Boyband,aka Hayden- he got his nickname because he loves to grease his hair up in fashion that looks for all the world like a 1990s boyband- wanted to go prowling around in Rusty. We put a few miles on him. While 3 miles from nowhere on a dirt road on the mountains, Rusty pulls to the left. I stop and hear hissing...yep. nearly flat. No one anywhere around, no spare, and no jack. :pound: We limped along with a near flat those 3 miles, until we found a tiny country store. Bought their last tire plug kit that had probably hung on the wall for 20 years  and a kind Samaritan used his air tank to air it up. .
That was a close one.:lol:
And for the last 4 hours I've been mowing.  And decluttering.. 

Heather

I just want to cry. I blame being a woman. After just paying our bills and Brandon's cigarette addiction, we have $20 to our name. We also have a credit card bill and my car payment coming up before he gets paid again. Lord be with us.....