News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Glad to know I am not the only one who questions these things....

Started by Assuredbyfaith, February 26, 2016, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

So, if you know me even a little bit... You know I dislike it when people misquote the bible; or quote things that don't actually exist in the Word! More so, because many don't know the bible. The only representations that they are coming in contact with; are watered down; and/or incorrect!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Recently I have noticed everyone on FB sharing; and posting a quote by Toby Mac about the words " be not afraid" being in the bible 365 times.  Me being me; I was wondering how many people really knew if it was even close to being truth!

So in researching it; looking into wording, and possible phrases; that could be a part of this context. I have not been able to find this in the bible 365 times. My count is still holding at 133 at the most.

Today I found this:

https://kingdavid.wordpress.com/2014/09/08/do-not-be-afraid-365-times-in-the-bible-one-everyday/

Note: This author is not quoting from the KJV of the bible. He also has errors; and a strange contradiction in this article. ;)

Despite that; I love that this author thought about "truth or not?" As well, his thoughts on not forgetting the true blessings of God's many promises.

I will never not hold myself accountable to rightly representing the Word of God!!! Not that I have never misunderstood, misquoted; or have never been mistaken! Nor do I even know all there is to know! ;)

I will strive for excellence....

P.S. Just found this as well:

http://musingsofaministerswife.com/ministry/so-how-many-times-is-fear-not-actually-in-the-bible/
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

Just keep in mind that "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."  I don't remember where it is in the Bible but I'm sure it's there somewhere... ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

A couple of months ago a man swore up and down that the bible says that it is a shame for a man to have short hair.

I was like, " change the word 'short' to 'long' and you will have it right"! He still wouldn't see it because he claimed that in all the pictures Jesus has long hair.   :updown:

He also claimed we were wrong about the pillar of fire... He said more than likely it was a flag that they carried with a picture of a flame on it... Sort of like their "mantra".... I was like, " how did a flag that they carried themselves; lead them; as in "guide" them? He had no answer...

Assuredbyfaith

I forgot to ask if they also had a flag with a cloud on it... You know to lead them around during the day?  :hypocrite:

Tsalagi

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 27, 2016, 02:12:51 AMA couple of months ago a man swore up and down that the bible says that it is a shame for a man to have short hair.

I was like, " change the word 'short' to 'long' and you will have it right"! He still wouldn't see it because he claimed that in all the pictures Jesus has long hair.   :updown:

He also claimed we were wrong about the pillar of fire... He said more than likely it was a flag that they carried with a picture of a flame on it... Sort of like their "mantra".... I was like, " how did a flag that they carried themselves; lead them; as in "guide" them? He had no answer...

Oh yeah, the whole the-ancients-were-too-stupid-to-tie-their-shoelaces school of conspiracy theorists / general historical revisionist / nutty bars...you get those in the church too. 

"The things described coming up out of the pit in Revelation 9 must be attack helicopters, because they have the head of a man, etc...(John was too stupid to tie his own shoelaces, much less write down what he was given correctly.)" 

People are weird sometimes :D

Lynx

Really? I heard they were tanks, not choppers, because their sting was in their tail. You know, the tank's big gun...

No I'm not kidding. I really heard someone say that. And he was dead serious.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: