News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Made it through yesterday. Church last night was awesome- I didn't get to teach because we had an awesome move of God. But now, I'm back at work. Slightly miffed because my wife let Chey play her into taking a sick day today- "her tummy hurt and she was running a fever". No, she wasn't- she started laying groundwork last night to  do this. Funny nothing hurt when she was playing with kids, but she gets sick right at bedtime. I even checked this morning to ensure that she didn't have a fever, as I get paid to take off sick days and Lou won't on her first sick day.  After I'm halfway to work, I get a text from Lou that she's taking off because Chey's sick. Made me mad. Lou and Chey both decided they wanted a day off. I wouldn't care but now I have to juggle around the bills because of the missing day's pay. And that's my rant.
Fortunately it is Friday for me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Sometimes you just need a day. And you pay for it later, but it was all worth it on that specific day. Especially as a woman....young or old lol.....Not to play devil's advocate. :hypocrite:

Off to drink my ginger peach tea and work on my Constructivism paper that was due last Sunday. *cough*
And hopefully also start my Art Deco one.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Well the good news is all the gunk is breaking free after only 3 days [thanks to my days working at the ole CVS and being very pro-active], but the bad part is I sound so much worse than I feel. My voice is all gravely, I'm wheezing when I breath, and I'm coughing a lot. Oh and blowing my nose too. I've started carrying a roll of toilet paper with me as it is more backpack friendly than a box of Puffs Plus.

I'm scheduled to work the next 2 sundays. I'm not happy. As my shift is 1-6 and we have church at 2:30. I miss everything. Also missed church last night due to work running late and my exhaustion. Thankful for only 1 class today and being off on Saturday at least that way I can rest.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

So tired. Helped with Chel's garage sale. She is trying to raise money for a mission trip to Honduras. It is NOT supposed to be 95* halfway through October. Not even in Texas. :shine:

sunlight

I'm glad you did...and I'm glad I got to talk to you. Glad I'm not the only one irritated by some things... Lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Yup, fall's hard on me too. Nights are cold and days are hot. I keep forgetting whether I should put my coat on or take it off.  :think:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 16, 2015, 12:48:59 AM
So tired. Helped with Chel's garage sale. She is trying to raise money for a mission trip to Honduras. It is NOT supposed to be 95* halfway through October. Not even in Texas. :shine:

Man wish I could come check out her garage sale. lol bit of a drive though. boo. :sadbounce:

And YES was so thinking that yesterday when I got home from work. Ugh it was sooo hot. It's October! :cry:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Our highs are only in the mid-60s this week. It's fantastic!

Feeling a little better today as far as illness goes. Other things in my life are kinda spiraling but I'm just gonna keep moving forward.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Been hot here too, but today was awesome. And tomorrow is supposed to be cooler too. Lou saw Chel's fb post about yardsales and immediately began whining because it is too far away for her to go to... :roll:
And in sharing, I spent all day at Bro Papa's, helping work on Fred the '52 Ford. We now have its new engine and transmission (a Chevrolet 5.3) in its chassis. Still a long way from the first drive, but progress to be sure.
I came in, realized I have ate nothing today, and made 2 fish fillet sandwiches. The scale showed another 2 lbs down from last week when I stepped on them before my shower. I am happy. I was beginning to think I would never get into the 220's....now I'm well on my way to the 2-teens... :clap: :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Gradually feeling better. Also our high today is only in the 50s.

Going to my parents today. Have to do laundry. Dad wants to show off his new car he bought yesterday. Also my Aunt and Uncle who live down the road are gonna give me one of the girls old bicycles. Oh and I'm going to 'borrow' mom's sewing machine she hasn't used in years.  :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

Beautiful day here. It's only 79*. Still warm but better than the 90s.

MelodyB

It was downright cold today! I froze all thru church, turned the heater on when I got in the truck and then snuggled under the covers in my bed for my nap! I usually don't sleep with covers, and the a/c is OFF today. No air or heat. It's that cool outside! Yay!

I froze but I like it! It's a nice change from the infernal heat.

Went to Praise in the Park last night and heard Casting Crowns and Lauren Diegal... And a few other groups that opened for them that I didn't know. It was fun.

Yesterday morning I went grocery shopping and got hit on in the WM checkout. Guy asked for my number and I gave it to him. I'm still waiting on his call/text. No joke. He asked what church I went to, we have mutual friends, he told me where he goes, and asked me out. I was dumbfounded, but gave him my number cause he seemed legit and I believed him. As soon as I left I called one of our mutual friends and got the 411 on him. He's legit. And she was tickled pink he asked me out. She said he's great and that I won't be disappointed, even if we just become friends...he's apparently a great friend as well.

So. How long am I supposed to wait for him to call me? I wish he would already!

That's my share.

And his name is John. :hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Roscoe

:hi: Maybe John's middle name is Kevin... :freaky2: :freaky2:
And morning, all. Back at work. Had a conversation this morning with a new to the area ham. Reminded me how blessed I am. He's recently lost his wife of many years- I think he said around 50 years- and had health problems that caused him to lose a leg, as well as having to move away from his friends and hometown to be nearer family. I felt so bad for the old fellow. He was upbeat and happy though you could tell it was a chore...I.AM.SO.BLESSED.
Hope everyone's day goes well. I bought some Community Coffee and have replaced the morning Dr Pepper- which I have not tasted since August 10th- with it. One cup. And not every day either.  That's it...but the caffeine has helped me a tad on those slow mornings. Today WAS a slow morning. Now I'm as wired as a squirrel on meth.  :laughhard:

Lynx

Congrats Bobby. Lose much more and I might start outweighing you.  I've been at a flat 200 for some time now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

It was between 68-78 the WHOLE weekend here. It was SO lovely. I've slept with my windows open the past two nights.

And ooooo melllbbssssy  :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: so has he called/texted yet?!?!
(i've a thing for guys named john/jon too)

:hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

How come you didn't tell me of this fella last night when I was messaging you?!?!?!

I walked to class this morning in 31 degrees. Remembered my gloves but not my boggan. My ears are still cold.

Still have some congestion and coughing but feeling pretty much better.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 19, 2015, 12:52:01 PM
Congrats Bobby. Lose much more and I might start outweighing you.  I've been at a flat 200 for some time now.
You're still safe for a bit. 28 lbs to lose to catch you and the weight loss has slowed down a tad. AND I have Thanksgiving and Christmas to get through. The winter months and my baking habits are gonna be rough on me.

MelodyB

Quote from: HeatherB on October 19, 2015, 02:57:14 PM
How come you didn't tell me of this fella last night when I was messaging you!?!?!?!

Cause he hasn't called and I'm TRYING to no dwell on the fact he asked me out and get excited needlessly, or get bummed cause he hasn't called. So I'm trying to keep it kinda on the DL
and not set myself up for dissappointment. lol

Does that make any sense?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on October 19, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on October 19, 2015, 02:57:14 PM
How come you didn't tell me of this fella last night when I was messaging you!?!?!?!

Cause he hasn't called and I'm TRYING to no dwell on the fact he asked me out and get excited needlessly, or get bummed cause he hasn't called. So I'm trying to keep it kinda on the DL
and not set myself up for dissappointment. lol

Does that make any sense?

Makes complete sense Melbs! :hug:
You could always stalk Walmart ha ha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Me either... And I didn't have to go! And Robbie called in too! :hyper: I get to actually hang out with my husband today!