News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 14, 2015, 03:18:22 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on February 14, 2015, 02:17:29 AM
somedays yall really make me wonder why i still come to this joint..........
Cause you're just as weird as we are... :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

We would have to give a definite definition of weird to determine that we are all weird!!! I think?  :updown:     :hypocrite:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 14, 2015, 03:49:20 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 14, 2015, 03:47:47 AM
I'm baking a cake.

And where is my SethiePoo?

I have a cake. I've thought about making it like half this week but decided it was too much work haha.

and where is Sethers this week....prolly something with his pops. :sadbounce:
he's busy texting folks about Jell-O shots... :hypocrite:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

(To my friends on this forum: Please disregard the following rant, as it has nothing to do with anything any of you have ever said to me.  This rant is about people I know here where I live. But I had to say this rant somewhere, and I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying it to their faces.)

[rant]

"Do you have a date for Valentine's Day?"
"Yes.  February 14th."

You know the one thing I hate about this day? People who have a relationship always assume single people are miserable, and they act on that assumption by going out of their way to console the single people. Who said I'm miserable? Did my face look like I was unhappy? Why do you feel you must reassure me that there is someone out there for me? What if I don't want there to be anyone for me? What if I'm happy being single? What if the thought that there is someone out there for me gives me nightmares? (It doesn't, but what if it did?)

It's almost like they're so busy expecting we single people to be unhappy about being single that it's a disappointment if we're not miserable.

Personally I'm happy with life right now. I don't know from personal experience but I hear that life with someone is better than life alone. If being married is too much better than my current life I might need a sedative. I'm not against the idea of finding THE ONE for me, dating and eventually marrying her, but I'm not going to focus so much on what I lack that I ignore all I have to enjoy right now.

To my friends who are married or dating, I'm sorry if it disappoints you that I'm not miserable. But really, I don't need consolation. Really. I'm totally fine right now.

[/rant]

Now that that's off my chest... who's ready for candy half-off day? Just try to beat me to the store. I get up awful early when there's a good reason to.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

I was talking about that to one of my friends yesterday. What is the point of the day? For singles- it makes them often long for what it's not time for yet. For married people- it pushes worldly expectations of spending money on them if they are happy. And wishing for more if they are not... I never really got it when I was single... And really don't now.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

sunlight

Lol! And I told Robbie that for valentines day I want to go for the half priced candy on the 15th!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: I'm here on a beautiful day off...am cleaning the house and getting ready to grill tonight. I'm a little miffed....after much soul searching and talking with my friend who deems my ideas as crazy or good- and yes, you would be mind-blown to realize that I actually listen to his viewpoints and advice, which may explain why I'm as messed up as a soup sandwich Totally blaming germ for my issues is cool- I decided to pursue buying the Corvette I spoke of earlier. Prayed about it, got with the banker, looks like all is on track for me to have a new ride to work at a good price.
Now, I have the money. I have the desire. But I DON'T HAVE THE CORVETTE. Getting the owner to respond is like pulling teeth. When I talked to him last Saturday, he advised he had some family issues (an in law in hospice), but would it kill him to shoot me a text every couple of days until we can arrange a time to do the deal?!? I'm fixing to go shopping for a slightly older Corvette in great condition or a Nissan 350Z. As I told Lou, I have to have a dependable ride, but it doesn't have to be boring.  (I am SO making up for the failed pink Lincoln escapade) :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I dunno... he went for comfort with the Lincoln and it caused a lot of discomfort.  Might be best to just shoot for a corvette.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
I'd go for good gas mileage. ;)
Surprising the majority of folks except those that own them- I AM going for good gas mileage. Depending on which Corvette I buy- I've located a second choice in Arlington Texas- they will get from 28 to 30 mpg on my commute. Better than the aforementioned cursed Lincoln, and much more my style.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Oh, and in updating my previous post- the owner texted me. The inlaw in  hospice passed, which is bad, but it means he is going to be available the first part of the week. Tentative plans now are to look Monday, and if I like what I see, I will take off Tuesday and do the deed...If it falls through, I'll be Texas bound Friday to bring one home.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

Everywhere is far from everywhere in Texas. Sometimes you have to drive all morning to go next door.
"Do you sing at church?"

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2015, 11:24:52 PM
Everywhere is far from everywhere in Texas. Sometimes you have to drive all morning to go next door.

Amen!!!! :-? :smirk2: :smirk: :updown:

#Currently lost some where in TX!

Assuredbyfaith

FYI my first time going to a singles' event was awesome! It didn't really focus on marital status! More of: regardless of your status, situation,and  past; God can bless you and use your life in many different ways/ ministries!!!

Go Texas District!!! His Mission, Our Mission!!!

Amazing services, amazing people serving God in some tough situations!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2015, 10:03:57 PM
To my friends who are married or dating, I'm sorry if it disappoints you that I'm not miserable. But really, I don't need consolation. Really. I'm totally fine right now.

I've always thought it was better to be single and sometimes lonely; then to be married and miserable!!! You can be single and still have a life...content, happy, blessed!!! Not that I don't want to get married; I'm not going to settle for just anyone...just to be married!!!

mini

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2015, 11:24:52 PM

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2015, 11:10:41 PM
How far are ya from Arlington?
a little over 100 miles.
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 15, 2015, 12:11:00 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2015, 10:53:33 PM
If you come to Texas, y'all could come see us. :D

Where are you at?
if you were in Lufkin you were really close to Chel.
I live near Kilgore

Roscoe

It's looking like I won't be Texas bound after all. I'm gonna go test drive the car Monday night probably, and if there are no unexpected surprises, I'll take off Tuesday and be done with it....but I already said that didn't I? Can you tell I'm a tad excited about it? :laughhard:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 15, 2015, 02:39:49 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2015, 11:10:41 PM
How far are ya from Arlington?

I live in Arlington. :)
Oh Lawd. Well, if the C5 purchase falls through locally, I shall be there picking up a red-with-black-rally-stripes 1996 Corvette..so, if next weekend such a vehicle blows by you with a lost appearing driver- smile, wave, and point me in the direction of my home. :laughhard:

taco_harvell

Quote from: sunlight on February 14, 2015, 04:01:48 PM
I was talking about that to one of my friends yesterday. What is the point of the day? For singles- it makes them often long for what it's not time for yet. For married people- it pushes worldly expectations of spending money on them if they are happy. And wishing for more if they are not... I never really got it when I was single... And really don't now.
It's a Retail Holiday. Only Catholics celebrated it till people found a way to make money with it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 15, 2015, 02:11:08 AM
It's looking like I won't be Texas bound after all. I'm gonna go test drive the car Monday night probably, and if there are no unexpected surprises, I'll take off Tuesday and be done with it....but I already said that didn't I? Can you tell I'm a tad excited about it? :laughhard:
What ya gonna do with my Lincoln?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/