News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Assuredbyfaith

I don't have anything profound to say...do Y'all still want me to post? I'm of a firm opinion that you should make every effort, every action, every word count!!!! 😉😏😊
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

Tempt fate? Now I'm tempted to not post, just to see what fate would do...

In local news, until now I have resisted getting a Kroger card because they use it to track spending patterns. (That's why they don't just put stuff on sale.) But they alone have the peanut butter I like - just peanuts and salt, nothing else added. So I finally got a Kroger card.

But now I'm worried about Kroger... I'm not quite normal and if they track MY spending habits it could really mess up their data for my whole demographic.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 13, 2015, 01:35:58 PM

In local news, until now I have resisted getting a Kroger card because they use it to track spending patterns. (That's why they don't just put stuff on sale.) But they alone have the peanut butter I like - just peanuts and salt, nothing else added. So I finally got a Kroger card.

But now I'm worried about Kroger... I'm not quite normal and if they track MY spending habits it could really mess up their data for my whole demographic.

Unless you spend cash...all purchasing habits are monitored!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Can you believe in God and fate at the same time?  :smirk2: God's Will vs. chance, and happenstance vs. fate, and destiny...or Fate exists because God controls it?  God in control of Destiny?

:hypocrite:  :updown:  ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

It's too early in the morning to think that hard... :yawn:

MsJennJenn

That's just dumb. It's SO much more worth it to get the sale prices, plus the coupons that come ON the card, PLUS the personalized deals that tracks what you DO purchase, so you can get them discounted, PLUS the gas rewards. You worry WAY to much about things WAY out of your control. Kroger card or not, I'm quite sure they know more about you then you'd like them to know. :roll: Hello it's the 21st century.

Another factor I'm about to love with the new iPhone is the Apple Pay. Of which I'm sure Isaac will have a fit over. Oh no, the government is seeing what I'm spending my money on. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 13, 2015, 02:15:08 PM
It's too early in the morning to think that hard... :yawn:

This is actually late evening for me...considering the rest of the world lives on a different sleep schedule then I do!! 😉😏😊

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Geri

My daughter's crib is 7 years old, spent most of that time in the basement, through a flood, and wasn't always a little too wiggly for my comfort since it was a very inexpensively made one (aka. cheap). We were looking at getting a new crib with stationary sides at Target, but don't really have $300 to drop on a crib right now. A couple of days later, a post popped up on one of the local resale groups on Facebook, and we ended up getting a beautiful stationary side, low to the ground(which is perfect because I'm a shorty), sleigh bed almost exactly like the one at Target for $70. It's some fancy pants brand that was bought 3/4 years ago for $500! I love getting good deals!

The Purple Fuzzy

That's wonderful!  I am a bargain shopper, too. :D

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: sunlight on February 13, 2015, 05:26:27 PM
Where do you work? What do you do?

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 13, 2015, 06:33:50 PM
Quote from: sunlight on February 13, 2015, 05:26:27 PM
Where do you work? What do you do?

This was the answer that I got
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 26, 2015, 02:24:04 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 25, 2015, 11:04:45 PM
What do you do?

Support Mgr

I work were Lynx's signature says that someone sometimes sings. 😔😉

Lynx

Assuredbyfaith: Actually I do pay cash for everything that I don't buy online. Mostly just because it's easier. I think it's easier anyway.

Jenn: You sure do like to criticize...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

I criticized? Or gave you my opinion.......Criticizing and opinions are highly different. One of the downfalls of "reading" online. And if you felt I was criticizing, then my apologies. I simply just gave my opinion on your subject matter.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Jenn: Okay, when you give your opinion you are very... hmm... caustic in your word choice.  Even when I'm talking to my family or close friends I don't think I would call them dumb.

And I don't worry about what people know about me.  I resent them gathering data on me for the purpose of trying to predict what else they can sell me.  Big difference, worry versus resentment.

And I kind of like the idea of paying with your phone.  I don't have it myself because I never have bothered, but it seems very convenient.

You made a lot of assumptions, then ridiculed me based on those assumptions.  Or rather, you gave your opinion in a very caustic manner.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

somedays yall really make me wonder why i still come to this joint..........
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 13, 2015, 02:40:15 PM

That's just dumb. It's SO much more worth it to get the sale prices, plus the coupons that come ON the card, PLUS the personalized deals that tracks what you DO purchase, so you can get them discounted, PLUS the gas rewards. You worry WAY to much about things WAY out of your control. Kroger card or not, I'm quite sure they know more about you then you'd like them to know. :roll: Hello it's the 21st century.

Another factor I'm about to love with the new iPhone is the Apple Pay. Of which I'm sure Isaac will have a fit over. Oh no, the government is seeing what I'm spending my money on. :roll:
HARSH!

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on February 14, 2015, 02:17:29 AM
somedays yall really make me wonder why i still come to this joint..........
Cause you're just as weird as we are... :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MsJennJenn

Haha if ya'll even knew me you'd know that wasn't harsh AT ALL. And I didn't make any assumptions or nor did I ridicule you. I would never do that, I don't know you enough to do that. Points for using caustic though - that I'll give you. My post was in fact caustic. But that's my humor. Dry, and sarcastic. Not sarcastic with a side of ridicule. Now who's making assumptions? :)
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Assuredbyfaith

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on February 14, 2015, 03:47:47 AM
I'm baking a cake.

And where is my SethiePoo?

I have a cake. I've thought about making it like half this week but decided it was too much work haha.

and where is Sethers this week....prolly something with his pops. :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-