News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

wow... there are a lot of people facing a lot of hard decisions right now...
* sunlight hugs all her friends and prays that they have the strength and wisdom to make the right decisions
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 03, 2011, 05:30:49 AM
Quote from: Officer Roscoe on November 02, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
And I'm *thinking* of talking to a local police chief friend and see if I can work a few hours a week for his department. We could really use the extra money. If I do, I'll need you guys to really lift me up in prayer. It will be easy for me to slip back into my former police self, which is vastly different and worse than I am now. I'm not crazy about the work, but we've got some debt that I've got to get rid of someway, and this economy and gas and food prices aren't helping. :(
Please be careful brother.  I can't know everything about your situation so I'm not saying you shouldn't take it.  But I know first-hand how easy it is to slip back into something you have given up... just please be careful.
I will. And thanks.... I found out he was needing part time help and the hours he needs dovetails nicely with my free time- and it won't interfer with church at all. My biggest trial in going back on the street, even part time, will be keeping a Godly spirit and staying holy, if you will. I know from experience that dealing with the types of situations and people that a street cop deals with can bring your attitude and language down to their level.... At least it did me when I was working the street full time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

*takin it to the streets.....*

Thank you roscoe that is now stuck in my head.

I'm home with my continued plague like symptoms today. Bummer too. I was gonna have overtime this week :(

Anyone would like to call or txt me feel free. Pm me for my number. I'll be home either sleeping or bored out of my gourd.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 02, 2011, 10:30:00 PM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 02, 2011, 09:43:40 PM
Officer...sir...I was half a mile from work, and the guys I work with were going to come get the truck. The officer said absolutely not because he had already called a tow truck. *sigh*

I didn't cry though...I prayed...a lot...

but I'm crying now..feels like the harder I try..the further away from God I get...
I ain't the most spiritual, but......You know, that's exactly what the devil would have us believe. When we feel like we are far from God, it is easier for us to become less faithful, and to eventually give up and say "what's the use?"

You see, we never see a victory until after a battle and it's impossible to see a view from a mountain top without climbing the mountain first. While I don't know all that you are going through, I can tell you from what I've read that you've posted you've gone through alot. It seems to me that you are someone who really loves God and is trying to make a difference, not just in your own life, but in the lives of others.

People are watching you right now, wanting to see how you will react. Will you crack under the pressure? They are looking for something different, something to help them get through their problems, and if you keep your head up and trust God, you will see Him work things out in ways you would never have imagined. Not only in your life, but the lives of people you love. They will see that what you have received is real and able to change their life.

Don't give up and don't fall away from God. Double down, so to speak, pray harder, fast more, even when it seems impossible to do, and trust God. I know it's easier to say this than live it, but it's something I deal with myself daily. I've watched friends get down and get depressed and basically give up, and now a once strong ministry (their life and testimony), if you will, has fallen. I determined that no matter what, I will trust God, I will depend on Him, and I will not allow the devil to drag me into the depths of depression and the world of pity parties... for me, that was huge.
What am I saying? I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling, but don't give up, stay faithful to God, and TRUST Him. He'll bring you through this. I'm praying for you.

ISG, let me throw a little in here too...

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
(2 Corinthians 4:7-9 ESV)

Let me remind you, you've gave your testimony on here before, and it is beautiful.

1)    Don't forget your testimony.  God has brought you so far.  He freed you from the slavery of sin, and that old task master the devil.  And that old task master, the devil, wants his former slave back.  And he will try and fight and fight and try to break your hold on God.

2)   We have this treasure in jars of clay.  God put the most priceless gift, his spirit, and the light thereof, in fragile, feeble, (and frankly, full of failure) vessels.  But because he loved us, he did.

This third thing is a little something that may bring light to you today.  It's a illustration that God showed me over the course of several weeks.  We had a beautiful little rosebush sitting here in front of my house.  One summer, it was covered with beautiful roses, and the scent seemed to overwhelm you as you walked to the door.  But one little bud never seemed to want to open.  Matter of fact, it had a hole where a bug had burrowed its way into the bud.  I figured the little bud was a lost cause.
As the course of roses often are, the once beautiful roses withered and died, leaving only the solitude little bud.  After several days, IT BEGAN TO BLOOM!

Ive smelled roses, and I have never smelled a rose so powerful.  You could see where the bug had damaged this rose.  But in its damaged state, the beauty of the scent was overwhelming!

Sometimes we look at ourselves as "damaged" goods.  But is when we are afflicted, perplexed, persecuted and struck down that our praise to God grows that much sweeter.    As the verses said, we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed!

Keep your head up!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

The Purple Fuzzy

IowaSkirtGirl

The rose bud...As I walked in the door today from work, I noticed that there is still one rose on our bush by the door...November...Snow...Rain..freezing nights..and there is still one pink little rose...I took a picture. I'll post it soon.

I'm pregnant.

There now you all know. I don't know how many of you know...some do some don't... I struggle with being an alcoholic...I actually haven't had a drink in almost 2 months...but in August I actually spent a bit of every weekend drinking. I repented...and God forgave me. BUT through all of that from what I understand there was a "friend" who spent the night. I don't remember him staying, sleeping or otherwise. So talking to my wonderful assistant pastor last night...he asked if I knew for sure I hadn't been slipped something...and that actually got me thinking. Other than my cousin this man was the only one to stay at our house. I asked Roomie and she said he was asleep on the couch when she went to bed, she didn't want to let him drive since he had been drinking.

So with that all being said...May 20th is my due date. A lot of why I have been so emotional and so sick is because of this. BUT they did THREE blood tests in the ER at different visits all in Sept. that all supposedly came back negative....this is the same ER that missed that mass on my colon that God made go away.....Law suit? Anyone have any ideas on that? I am really getting a feeling to just leave it all alone and not go there in the future...

SO there....*sigh*...I need to go quit smelling like cows...

Thanks for the HUGS and encouragement...I do love you all sooooo much!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Lynx

I have never dealt with anything even remotely like that so I have no idea what to say ISG.  Except I'll be praying for you. 

And remember to keep going.  If you turn around now it's much farther to where you started than to where you're trying to get to.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Will definitely be praying for you ISG!!

I have the strep and will be out of work the next 2 days.

Topher pulled a Houdini earlier and somehow ended up in the basement. Hoban is a total instigator. I'm sure he had something to do with it. Whiskey (the dog) things everytime I walk in the kitchen she should get fed. Sheesh. My kids.....

Lynx

My cat thinks every time I walk through the door she should be petted.  And she usually is. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

MelodyB

I'm at the hospital with Dad. Trying to get PowerHour stuffs put together for tonight.

He is feeling better, but still may need a blood transfusion. The runs have stopped for now though, so that's good.

It's COLD in this room. Really cold. Lol

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Hello, Poopsie.

Going to run over to the church and meet a carpet guy shortly.  See about getting new outdoor carpet on the steps and ramp.

MelodyB

Lynx

I've never stepped in smoopsie poo.  Is it any worse than dog poo?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Chseeads

mini

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads