News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I'm on campus for my last day of class. Finished up 2 classes this morning with tests. Have one more theatre class today then take that test next week. In an odd turn of events I will be moving again in the next couple weeks. My roommate lied to me about being able to get onto the lease and all that it entails. I do not qualify for all the loops the require nor do I have a cosigner. I will be moving my bed to my parents, my excess furniture to Brandon's, and myself into a dorm on campus for summer. I've also applied for housing here in the fall. I will only have to stay at my parents for 2 weeks in August between summer and fall terms.

That's pretty much all I have to update yall on. Have a good one!!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Whatkindofgirl are you going to be when you graduate?

Heather

It looks as though I will actually end up double majoring by the time this is over. I'll be a sociologist and anthropologist.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Lord. It should be legal to kill a spouse for doing what mine did this morning. :pound: Beautiful morning, my Saturday, Chey's out of school today so sleep in time, here I come....NOT. My lovely wife woke me up at around 4:45 when she came in from the guest room where she'd fallen asleep watching a movie when I went to bed....then, just after I'd dozed back off, she showed up at 6:30 to announce that 1) she'd not been able to go back to sleep and had cooked bacon for breakfast and 2) I HAD to get up and make biscuits since she can't make them like I can. :fire:
So here I am, awake, biscuits made and in the oven, and the certainty that my peaceful day has been totally rearranged, as she is yelling about "getting to the yardsales before the good stuff's gone". Lord.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Did you know she was a morning person when you married her? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 02, 2014, 12:30:05 PM
Did you know she was a morning person when you married her?
That's just it. She is DEFINATELY not a morning person. She's worse than I am and has been known to sleep in until 10 am or later. Today was unusual to say the least....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Rats!  I was going to say it's your fault for marrying her, but you just ruined it.  Oh well.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I like to go to garage sales, just don't like to get up at the crack of dawn to do it.

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on May 02, 2014, 01:12:21 AM
It looks as though I will actually end up double majoring by the time this is over. I'll be a sociologist and anthropologist.  :cool:

So you'll be like Jane Goodall or something.  :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

I dunno who Jane Goodall is lol.... :smirk2:

What do you do when you're supposed to be resting your voice for 2 weeks?
Buy CD's....of songs you don't know....so thus you can't sing them. Sigh. :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

What happened to our resident pot grower? :hypocrite:

She's been MIA. I miss her!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 02, 2014, 06:28:19 PM
I dunno who Jane Goodall is lol.... :smirk2:

What do you do when you're supposed to be resting your voice for 2 weeks?
Buy CD's....of songs you don't know....so thus you can't sing them. Sigh. :sadbounce:
Jane Goodall made a name for herself studying apes.  Or gorillas, or orangutans, or something like that. And I could send you a lot of music you've never heard.  All christian.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Yeah, I miss Herbgirl too....:sadbounce:
The one month I could actually USE her products and be a customer.........  :freaky2:

Well. In other news, we finally left the house around 9 am....took Lou three hours to get "just one more thing" done. We went to a few yard sales, and stopped by Lowe's. Bought a Rusty-load of assorted items, from clothes to two barstools that Lou saw and determined that I will be painting white to match the coming kitchen cabinet paintjob. Lord. I'm still in the planning mode for the cabinet paint job and she's moved full steam into other projects for me.  :smirk2:
I DID manage to get the screen replaced in the front storm door. It's only been torn, oh, about three years. She Duct taped it to shame me into fixing it...it finally worked when the duct tape began turning loose.  :biglaugh:
All in all, a good day. A real good day. Now watch some idiot come along and jack it up... :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so ready to get off work and go home.

Chseeads

Our water heater wasn't fully dead the other day as I had alluded to at one point, it had just had a fuse blown at the time, but it has been slowly dying for a while though...  I picked a new one up today and dad wanted to hurry and install it....  Poor old decrepit dad.  Still pray for him, he's in poor shape.  But anyways, the power was supposed to be off, and it was not, we learned as fire flew when the wire touched a pipe.  I could've been fried alive.  Scared the poop out of me.  *sigh*

Then had issues...and it was such a slow process....  With a little assistance from someone else to remedy a problem, it appears to be okay....  I took a shower and it didn't electrocute or scald me.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on May 03, 2014, 02:10:29 AM
Our water heater wasn't fully dead the other day as I had alluded to at one point, it had just had a fuse blown at the time, but it has been slowly dying for a while though...  I picked a new one up today and dad wanted to hurry and install it....  Poor old decrepit dad.  Still pray for him, he's in poor shape.  But anyways, the power was supposed to be off, and it was not, we learned as fire flew when the wire touched a pipe.  I could've been fried alive.  Scared the poop out of me.  *sigh*

Then had issues...and it was such a slow process....  With a little assistance from someone else to remedy a problem, it appears to be okay....  I took a shower and it didn't electrocute or scald me.
I am paranoid about electrical things. When I HAVE to work on them, I'll cut power to the whole house just to be safe. Always had a fear of being lit up...
In sharing- I have to work on the Lincoln's driver's side window today. It rolled down fine last night, but wouldn't roll back up. :pound: I beginning to know why I've avoided Ford products for years...

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh my. It's better to be stuck rolled up than down.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's beautiful here too. And the possessed Lincoln- went out, started it up and ht the window switch and up it went.
I've rebuilt my shop door I damaged back in September. Cheapskated it and reused the old siding, ect- I will need to replace that when the extra money comes around, but it'll do for now.
Fixing to go grocery shopping for Lou while she goes to a niece's birthday party....

Chseeads

:sing:  Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou, Lou Lou, skip to my Lou, Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou, skip to my Lou my darling.....

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Went to church, came home.  Eating lunch.

A young guy that's new to the area came to church today...he'd left a message on the church answering machine last night that he was going to.  I was glad that he did.  I hope he comes back again.  Or at least selects a church to go to.  He said he's new to the Pentecostal faith but he's been baptized in Jesus name and such.

Chseeads