News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 01, 2024, 07:41:16 PMI'll stay as far away from Arkansas as I can. Their poor job of fixing the interstate is why I have hardware in my back.
I cannot deny their interstate repairs have not always been the best.
And Nelle, North east is different from east..kinda. I was throwing shade on Brinkley/West Memphis/Delta area... :biglaugh:
But there is nothing like the Boston Mountains in the fall...or Hwy 7 trip to Hot Springs....and of course, the First State Part, my beloved Petit Jean.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on March 01, 2024, 08:13:19 PM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 01, 2024, 07:41:16 PMI'll stay as far away from Arkansas as I can. Their poor job of fixing the interstate is why I have hardware in my back.
I cannot deny their interstate repairs have not always been the best.
And Nelle, North east is different from east..kinda. I was throwing shade on Brinkley/West Memphis/Delta area... :biglaugh:
But there is nothing like the Boston Mountains in the fall...or Hwy 7 trip to Hot Springs....and of course, the First State Part, my beloved Petit Jean.

West Memphis deserves it. Was on I-55 south around West Memphis that I smacked the interstate divider.

The Purple Fuzzy

We are back up to 79* today. This weather will give you whiplash.

Roscoe

I've enjoyed the pretty weather. Did a bit more work on Sam Saturday, then had some church kids over, which Chey enjoyed, at least one of them anyway. :lol:
Preached today. Small list to do tomorrow...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Good ol Texas weather. I love the warmth and sunshine though so no complaints from me.

I don't want to adult and work today. Sigh.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Its nice 60 degree day here in Indiana today. Tomorrow its supposed to be rainy all day.

MsJennJenn

I think we get rain this week too. Or should. Who knows with Texas.

My hubbs boss was out with covid last week/week prior. And so he was down 2-3 days last week.
I think he passed it to me cus I feel awful today. I cannot stop sneezing.  :'(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's looking like Spring around here.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 04, 2024, 10:58:47 PMIt's looking like Spring around here.
I'm trying to not think about it. Grass will need mowing all too soon... And after I got home from w*rk today, I killed the first wasp of the season.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

This time of year, I have to repent a lot about Bradford Pear trees.  I hate those things when they bloom...lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

They're pretty but they sure could use a better scent.

@Work.

Congested. Slight headache and slight sore throat. I think I might have the throat ache at bay, but this congestion and sinus junk can kick rocks!

Car is in the shop today for brakes. I'm not getting my Uber until 5:10 (my husband) though.. glad I got snacks last night!

Roscoe

Hello. Hard at work- seriously. Been too busy to say "Boo". Why I'd WANT to say "Boo" I don't know- but I've heard that saying for years.
I don't have any Bradford pears here. My peach trees that have never made a peach are beautiful though.
It's been in the 70s here. My weather...

Backseat Radio

The trees here have yet to get the memo that its spring

Roscoe

Morning. REALLY praying the whole "Create in me a clean heart Oh Lord, Renew a right spirit within me" thing today.
I'm glad we are approaching vacation. I can tell when I'm getting stressed and need some time off- and that time has arrived.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on March 04, 2024, 11:20:24 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 04, 2024, 10:58:47 PMIt's looking like Spring around here.
I'm trying to not think about it. Grass will need mowing all too soon... And after I got home from w*rk today, I killed the first wasp of the season.

We've already forked out money to get the grass cut. The yard in this house is literally 4x the size of our previous house lol. I also paid the guy to clean out a ton of branches, leaves, trash, hauled a bunch of stuff away. Cleaned out our fire pit. Was well worth the money.

About to end my foundational training. Only got one more week of advanced training. wooo.

T-minus 6 days until our new king bed delivers.  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Wake up sleepy heads. It be morning.
Back at work, where today and tomorrow will give me three days off. Cool and overcast today.
Speaking of lawn care- I need to mow our lawn. The little purple flowers/weeds has it looking like a longhaired hippy version already. And I have to get some caulk this weekend and seal some joints on my gutter job.The rain last night showed a couple of them to be leaking.

MsJennJenn

I don't wanna be doing morning.  :noo:

I have the little purple weed flowers everywhere too. I like them but then I remember they're weeds and hate that I have so many weeds lol

Final assessment today in foundation training. EEK
I made an 87 on the practice one so hoping it goes well.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Just think of those flowers as bee food. ;)

MsJennJenn

TRUE Sandra. Did you know you can order bees now for your garden? lol
I was so close to doing it last spring for mine. Cus my garden was growing well, but it wasn't producing. So I was considering bees to help pollinate it. Still might do it this year.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Made a 97 on my final assessment!! WOOOO  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

A weed is a plant that some human decided he did not want where it was. The difference between weeds and not weeds is only the difference between what we decided we wanted and what we decided we didn't want.

Besides, they are pretty.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

So glad it's Friday. It's gloomy and rainy though. IONNN LIKE IT.  :'(
I've got a slight headache too due to the weather.

Final task in training today. We have to do a mock client call. EEK. So nervous. Mine is at 11:15. Just sitting here rolling in anxiousness lol  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Well.
I regularly bomb client phone calls. Had one get indignant with me recently telling me I wasn't very kind or patient on the phone. I pointed out that when they were in the office, they expected my full attention and I attempted to give that to them- and it wasn't fair for them to take up SOMEONE else's time with me when they could simply discuss it at their next office visit for the most part.
They agreed that was so.

Lord, I'm glad I am an hour away from the day being over. I'm wanting to choke folk.

The Purple Fuzzy

It rained like crazy this morning. Water going over the road in quite a few places, then it turned into a pretty day.