News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I just got a new recliner. My old one was so worn, cushion wise, that it was making my right leg ache like crazy. I'm thankful, even though I didn't want to spend the money.

Roscoe

Been busy today doing clean up. Had dinner with my assistant pastor and his wife, very enjoyable. Looking forward to the ministry of Jerm and wife this weekend....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Jealouuuuuuuuus. of you seeing Kim.. let's be real here. LOL... I kid Jeremy! I've never had the pleasure of meeting you yet!

@Work.

Feeling a bit off this AM, but hoping the day gets better!

Backseat Radio

I was at the church last night from 4:30 PM till 2:30 AM helping with the media room move. Pastor was there well past 2:30 AM working on programming the new setup. Our new desks got stuck in shipping so we're still waiting on them. We set the equipment up on 2 6ft folding tables in the meantime.

I'm running on caffeine today to stay alert at work.

Roscoe

Shew lawd. Drove some poles in the ground, strung some rope posted some signs. All to try to keep the eclipse viewers from demolishing our little church property. 
Its nearly 4 pm and ive gotten nothing I needed to get done, done.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Up this morning, meat on the smoker. Looking forward to Church at 2...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lawd. Jerm forevermore preached. Absolutely awesome presence of God. Very much enjoyed it. Good food too...and Jerm got to drive Clara the A afterwards...

Nelle

Back @work.

Didn't get much done this weekend. Friday I woke up with a sore right shoulder.. which unfortunately is my dominant arm. Couldn't lift my arm to do anything much. Praying it gets better asap because i have things to do!!! lol.. also really is messing up my sleeping since I can't sleep on that side either.

Gotta do store pickups tonight so we can have groceries. We technically "meal planned" a couple of meals this week, so we are ahead of the game for a day or so there.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It has came a veritable Noah's flood here today. :pound: And tomorrow- I return to work. Bah.
I was just starting to get a hang of this "time off" thing, even though in actuality there's been very little time off. Today was a prime example..."off" day- saint needed a ride to Carti doctor. This took up from 11 until 430 before I got home.  I DID get a bit of wiring done on Rusty though....closer to him being back on the road.

Lynx

Hey Bobby, I want to run something by you. 

Grandma's TV channel had an advertisement for some kind of health insurance add-on "for people in Arkansas" and the woman doing the talking didn't pronounce it ARkanSAW. She pronounced it arKANsas, like you just stuck an "ar" on the word Kansas.

Are y'all doing a makeover on how you talk, trying your hands at rebranding, or is she wrong?

But one would think they would at least learn how to say the state name for an advertisement ostensibly targeted at that state. I wouldn't try to sell something in "MassaTUEsettes" without CHEWing on it first.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I don't live there anymore, but I feel like I can soundly say no.. no one in Arkansas pronounces it like ar-Kansas except people who don't live there..

@Work. Murdered two raw eggs on accident, so I only have three hard boiled ones now, haha.

Roscoe

Not a great day.  :pound:
But I shall survive...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on March 26, 2024, 01:53:25 PM@Work. Murdered two raw eggs on accident, so I only have three hard boiled ones now, haha.

Murdered as in ate them? Orr??  ???

Did anyone catch the groundhog? Cus I wanna string him up too. It was like in the 30's last night!!!! I rebuke it. I demand my spring. :demand:

Soooo uh we rescued a very young, very pregnant, black cat in the STREET last night while door dashing. Omg she is the literal sweetest thing. I am very worried she's too young for kittens though. I don't know how far along she is though, I'm trying to get her a vet appointment but so far earliest I've been able to snag is Thursday. First place told me mid-June.... LIKE REALLY.... :roll:

My Binxy is a black cat and he's not even two years old yet and her face looks younger then his!!! Sooo ahhhh
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 26, 2024, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: Nelle on March 26, 2024, 01:53:25 PM@Work. Murdered two raw eggs on accident, so I only have three hard boiled ones now, haha.

Murdered as in ate them? Orr??  ???

First one broke on the way to work (inside the ziploc) and the second one broke when I tried to poke the hole in it to get it hard boiled.

Soooooooooooooo tired. The thought of having to make meatloaf tonight.. ugh.. I know it doesn't take long to make but it just sounds so tiring hahaha.

I went to bed at 9pm last night. Hopefully this isn't a pattern.

Roscoe

Urgh. Tired. On the plus side, Mcdonald's has finally done something right. They brought back my beloved and much-missed steak bagel. It's been four years or better. I felt like the old lady in Titanic "It's been Eighty-Four years"...
Now Lord help me through this day.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 26, 2024, 08:17:57 PMFirst one broke on the way to work (inside the ziploc) and the second one broke when I tried to poke the hole in it to get it hard boiled.

Soooooooooooooo tired. The thought of having to make meatloaf tonight.. ugh.. I know it doesn't take long to make but it just sounds so tiring hahaha.

What's this about poking eggs? I hardboil eggs a lot, but I've never had to poke them. Crack them, a lot, after boiling, but never poke them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on Yesterday at 05:08:33 PM
Quote from: Nelle on March 26, 2024, 08:17:57 PMFirst one broke on the way to work (inside the ziploc) and the second one broke when I tried to poke the hole in it to get it hard boiled.

What's this about poking eggs? I hardboil eggs a lot, but I've never had to poke them. Crack them, a lot, after boiling, but never poke them.

I use one of those egg cookers, so you poke 1 hole on top for those. I assume it's to make it a speedier process.

MsJennJenn

Ohh I wondered what she meant by poking a hole too LOL

I finally got some work today after not having anything since last Thursday LOL
These rotations are very uneventful.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been using a vegetable steamer for my "boiled" eggs. Fresh eggs are sometimes hard to peel and that seems to work well.

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work. I've got two folks scheduled today. Ready for beautiful weather.