News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I put in a late night last night.  Rode my bicycle to praise team practice since we're usually out around 8:30 PM. Didn't count on the fact that Pastor picked up a new peice of tracking equipment for one of the media team cameras. We spent the evening setting up and playing with our new toy. Even had a couple of us doing laps across the front of the auditorium testing the tracking system. Also set up a tripod camera for the keyboard. By time we got all that done we didn't get out of there till around 10:30 PM which meant I had to ride my bike home after dark.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on August 05, 2023, 12:02:03 AMI put in a late night last night.  Rode my bicycle to praise team practice since we're usually out around 8:30 PM. Didn't count on the fact that Pastor picked up a new peice of tracking equipment for one of the media team cameras. We spent the evening setting up and playing with our new toy. Even had a couple of us doing laps across the front of the auditorium testing the tracking system. Also set up a tripod camera for the keyboard. By time we got all that done we didn't get out of there till around 10:30 PM which meant I had to ride my bike home after dark.
Tiny bike lights are getting insane lately. Probably because LEDs don't take up as much power.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MG7677G

Bright enough that I could fly down the highway at flank speed, in pitch black, with no fear.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

No I'm not getting paid to advertise that. I was just impressed.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 07, 2023, 02:29:20 AMHI!!

Anyone miss me? :couch:
Let's see... The standard answer is "Yes, but my aim is getting better with practice."

What's been going on with y'all lately?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hi! Good to see Mel repent and sneak in. :laughhard:
We had a bit of a God moment this week with Mel Mel connections.
The church bus needed freon. While we were installing it so the older saints wouldn't experience hellfire, we discovered the alternator was going out. I was ticked. Bellyached a bit..." Tryng to grow the kingdom,  why does this always happen. Blah blah." Enjoying my pity party, I headed for the local parts store.
Young man there I'd met a couple times...when I mentioned it was for a church bus, and mentioned the church name he lit up. " Apostolic? Ever been to Biloxi? Or Pascagoula?"
I admitted  I had, and my wife and I had a good friend from there
" I went to the Sanctuary  when I lived there" I asked if he knew Mel. He lit up. " Oh yeah! She's good friends with my wife!" To prove it he called her. :laughhard:
Mel had mentioned  a friend a few years  ago potentially moving about 30 miles away but I never heard anything more.
Now, here they are in my own town.
And I'd have never know if it hadn't been for that alternator. 
He fo so had an invite before I left and I will be following up.
Never know what God is up to.....
And today I am at the Dr with Lou. Just got the gut punch that her copay hasn't been met and in order to run the lung test she needs they want 400 bucks. That was NOT in the budget...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Rainy and stormy here- I'd say we need it, but my grass, which I have not had much opportunity to cut, is getting high.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We desperately need rain. Everyone is under burn bans.
Our grass is crispy.

MsJennJenn

Rain would indeed be nice. It's actually quite overcast here today which is nice. lol
It's just a teases though cus there isn't any rain on the forecast.

Rough day yesterday. Had my mid-year review and my boss proceeded to tell me everything I'm doing wrong even though I'm literally doing more than half of what she said I'm doing wrong. Really stinks to feel like and know you're doing your job well but to be told you basically aren't. Really covet ya'lls prayers on my work situation. I'm applying everywhere now. I have to have a change or I'm going to be sick. I'm already dealing with stress sickness. I'm at a loss what to do.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

'Something Has To Break' by Kierra Sheard immediately popped in my mind. I will be praying for a way to be shown! He's the Waymaker, so He can do it!

@work. eating leftover cheesy chicken and rice quesadilla leftover from last night. Jeremy's birthday is tomorrow, so I talked him into going somewhere wheN I got home from work last night. (He took today and yesterday off to coincide with his day off on Wed for his birthday.) We ran to Carbondale and got Athena some toys to replace the toys she destroyed this weekend, grabbed Tabby some new food (the food we have was really for her brother and is too hard for her) and a new crinkle toy (her FAVE), grabbed us junk we don't need from TJ Maxx & Home Goods, haha. Then of course we had to eat.. I may have had to sleep half sitting up to not die overnight from reflux, BUT I enjoyed my food and slept all night until a little paw kept smacking my face this morning, hahaha. I love her, I do... but she's not an alarm clock and better stop it! hahahaha

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 08, 2023, 04:47:51 PMAnything new on her ethics charges?

Well....we think she has her call with the investigator today. Obviously we don't know for sure, but she has a private appointment that popped up on her calendar our of the blue today at 2pm. And that's how those invites get sent. As private. So you can't see who they're from. Sooooo.....we're hoping lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get rid of her but keep your present job.

MelodyB

Im good. Been busy busy. Just took my Radiology exam to obtain my state license for limited Rad Tech.

Been attending Celebrate Recovery and dealing with all my pent up lifetime trauma and issues. Its been a great experience. Hard, but its helping.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 09, 2023, 04:54:21 AMIm good. Been busy busy. Just took my Radiology exam to obtain my state license for limited Rad Tech.

Been attending Celebrate Recovery and dealing with all my pent up lifetime trauma and issues. Its been a great experience. Hard, but its helping.

Ooooh, radiology is so rad!

The electrons in radiation therapy hit you at 99.8% of the speed of light. According to calculations the radiation used in a 90 second therapy session could, if fired with less precision, kill a horse. (They did not let me test this theory.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 It's stormy here today. And man, the last week... Trying not to complain, but broke ribs hurt! Told God this morning- "You gotta do something. I can't hardly walk because of it". :pound:
Had to mow the yard last night and bouncing on the tractor nearly did me in. 'bout ready to convert to sprinkle baptizing. Full immersion is gonna bury ME!  :laughhard:

Make it through today, and bible study, and I'm off until Sunday. Well, except tomorrow night school orientation for Chey. And Friday Prayer meeting. And Saturday- prepare for Sunday. But Monday- mine. Maybe.:lol:

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 09, 2023, 04:54:21 AMIm good. Been busy busy. Just took my Radiology exam to obtain my state license for limited Rad Tech.

Also, Mel, Radiologist is something Chey is looking at as a field. She has just about changed her mind on nursing, afraid she's not people person enough.  I told her she can speak with the guidance counselor at the local college for assistance in deciding what suits her...

The Purple Fuzzy

That's why I never wanted to be a nurse... at least one of the reasons.

MsJennJenn

I've applied for 15 more internal jobs today alone. Even in customer service. Mostly on Aetna side.
Plus about twice that many since Monday on the external side. I think most of me wants to just get into something new. To learn something new. Even as daunting as that is. Rather than wait it out to see if anything "happens" to my boss. Ugh. I just need one door to open. Please Lord. One door.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

You know, sometimes we've got to be miserable where we are to make any big moves...

MsJennJenn

Well I'm sure trying LOL - can't make a move with no open door.

I did the first hirevue interview for an operations analyst position I applied for yesterday.
This is a video/questionnaire type interview where you answer some multiple choice/short answer plus 3 video questions where you record your answers on video. This was an internal position on the Caremark side of CVS.

Then got a text this morning for one of the Personal Assistant admin jobs I applied for externally this week.

Movement helps with the staying hopeful! 
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Aww Happy Birthday Bobby FiVE OHHH  :sing:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

That time already? Huh...

Happy birthday you old motorhead.
"Do you sing at church?"