News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I went to the Verizon store and was not impressed. Ended up staying where I was.

Backseat Radio

Got most of my yard mowed and weed eated today. The grass was thick so it killed my mower a few times and drained the battery...the fun of warm wet spring weeks. I'll finish the back yard tomorrow after my batteries recharge.

Nelle

@Work.

Have a headache. Went to my appointment. She thinks I have bursitis in my hip, so I got a steroid injection. If that doesn't work, I'll be doing physical therapy.

I ate Sonic popcorn chicken for "brunch" b/c I was so hungry (hadn't eaten yet today) and grabbed a peach slush. I wish it had more natural peach to it, but it's still so sugary that it's yum, hahaha. Makes me want homemade peach ice cream.

I need a nap.

Roscoe

Beautiful day today. Fixing to head to the house and hopefully get some work done on my projects.
Supposed to have some wet weather tomorrow. I hope they are mistaken.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Mowed the rest of my yard tonight so the storms next week can make it grow again

The Purple Fuzzy

We could use some rain and west Texas REALLY needs rain.

Lynx

Today was a BLEEP of a day.

Yesterday morning the cops rolled up and told our maintenance man, "You're going to have to come with us." Good thing yesterday was pretty slow, because there was a lot of stuff to do. He hadn't gotten much done yet.

Today was not slow, we still didn't have a maintenance man, and today was when we got a supply truck that the maintenance man was supposed to put away. Today was not fun. Guess who got drafted to put up the truck order.

Those soda syrup boxes are HEAVY! And almost all the freezer stuff is almost as heavy as soda syrup boxes, and I was spending a while freezing my nose off in a walk-in freezer putting it away.

Okay. That's my complaining for this week.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Depending on the weather forecast you read, we will get 2 inches, no inches, or 8 inches of water. I'm strongly pulling for none.
 Came home and done a little bodywork on Chey's 'vette after putting chicken and beef on the smoker. Then sprayed primer on Sam's bed, little by little he's coming along. Now I'm chilling in the recliner.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Don't get too chill Bobby. You'll probably see our maintenance man in a couple days. >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Whew. Made it through the weekend. Got a bit done. Went to church and preached. Fixing to go to sleep. Ready for next weekend- just so's I can be off. LOL

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Hi.
Been busy as what today. Coworker's fiancée wrecked his dirt bike. Broke his tailbone, so she is out today. Between her folks and mine, been running my shoes off.
Feel much happier after getting final word on my 10 hour shifts- they start the week of the car show. Our big boss's initials are E.T., and one of my coworkers quipped they would probably do a take back.
I let my inner 80s kid out and said if they did, E.T. would need to do more than phone home. :ugly:
 Plodding through the day.

Backseat Radio

I'm on vacation this week. I should be cleaning my siding so I can paint it. Instead I'm sorting through historical documents trying to piece together my family tree. I'm not a fan of the state of Arkansas since they didn't keep birth and death records until 1914. That effectively puts a dead end on finding out anything about my great grandparents family that lived in Arkansas.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been so nice and cool the last couple of days. It's only 73* now and it was in the 90s.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on May 23, 2022, 08:01:05 PMI'm on vacation this week. I should be cleaning my siding so I can paint it. Instead I'm sorting through historical documents trying to piece together my family tree. I'm not a fan of the state of Arkansas since they didn't keep birth and death records until 1914. That effectively puts a dead end on finding out anything about my great grandparents family that lived in Arkansas.
My first reflex is to say you need a definition of "vacation." Or maybe you need an intervention.

But then some people would think my preferred vacation is tedious and boring, so...

Hope you're having fun on your vacation, whatever "fun" consists of for you.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. again.

Getting SO close to finishing the purge/'great cleanout' of our living room and dining room!

Roscoe

Urgh. Woke up late. Had headache. locked myself out of the state computer system and had to jump through hoops to fix that. Still have headache. Wanna do-over. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Got some stuff done today. Went to the obgyn this morning for a check up and got a shot in the hip. Went shopping at Walmart. Got the fallen tree limbs cleaned out of my yard from the last storm. Cut the trees that was growing out of my foundation and sprayed the moss growing on my house with bleach solution to kill it. Now I'm parked on the couch debating if I want to push my sore hip muscle and go wash siding where there isn't moss growing.

MsJennJenn

Had my second hand carpal tunnel surgery last Thursday. Saw dr today for follow-up. This hands much more tender and very bruised compared to my first hand. Which it's my left hand and not the dominate hand thankfully. Looks pretty gnarly though haha.

Four day work week this week.
Four day work week next week.
Then I'm on vacation from June 4-12. haha boss is gonna kill me. Been off a lot in the last 2 months.
Taking my boyfriend to Indiana to meet the family.  :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ready for Friday. Then I'm heading to Mountain View. Wanted to go to Oklahoma way, but gas prices. So I'm taking the motorhome about 60 miles and camping on the white river for two days. Probably without phone service, which doesn't exactly hurt my feelings.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's weird being the same age as old people. ;)
 I saw this poem newsman wrote in my timeline in my memories on Facebook. It's crazy to think he's gone.

Passage of time trades
Memories, wisdom for youth,
Where have the years gone?

Nelle

@Work.

Long night w/ little sleep. It was SO warm, but Jeremy (husband) was comfortable and he's normally the cold one, so I didn't want to freeze him out, haha. Tonight tho - I am turning that a/c down!

Leaving tomorrow after work to go see my parents for a couple of days. The current plan is that I'll be headed back home Sunday evening. Trying to keep some of the weekend to spend with Jeremy if I can pry him away from his computer/friends.  Keep praying for him. We need it.

While I'm in Arkansas, we are traveling to NW Arkansas to visit the cemeteries and some of my dad's family. Seems like a tradition lately, which is fine. I just want to see my parents. Haven't been able to see them since Christmas/New Years. Their house is almost always a peaceful rest for me. (Depends if my brother is there or not.. LOL)

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

I need To go see my mom tomorrow for her birthday.

Roscoe

Count down to weekend. 30 minutes to go......