News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Getting out of bed is hard this week.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 11, 2022, 02:43:26 PMUrgh. Back at work. And I've managed to burn my forearm some way while I was mowing last night, and it is sore as can be. Got a bit done on Sam last night after I mowed, while Lou and Chey fired up the Miata and headed to Russellville for a youth event.
Gas prices are insane- $4 a gallon here now. Not pleased.
Tonight is church. This, and the fact that after lunch, my coworker will bring a large pan of left over cinnamon rolls back to the office from the drug court promotion ceremony this morning, are the only things that keep me going today. :pound:
"Leftover homemade cinnamon rolls" does not make any sense to me. How are there leftovers? In my experience those things do not do leftovers, ever.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 11, 2022, 05:59:01 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 11, 2022, 02:43:26 PMUrgh. Back at work. And I've managed to burn my forearm some way while I was mowing last night, and it is sore as can be. Got a bit done on Sam last night after I mowed, while Lou and Chey fired up the Miata and headed to Russellville for a youth event.
Gas prices are insane- $4 a gallon here now. Not pleased.
Tonight is church. This, and the fact that after lunch, my coworker will bring a large pan of left over cinnamon rolls back to the office from the drug court promotion ceremony this morning, are the only things that keep me going today. :pound:
"Leftover homemade cinnamon rolls" does not make any sense to me. How are there leftovers? In my experience those things do not do leftovers, ever.
They buy them from a local café. Things are huge and they buy them by the pan, as in 24 rolls per pan, and they are NOT small rolls. They buy two or three pans for each ceremony. The left overs from the ceremony come here where they are left over no mo.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Does the Miata get good gas mileage?

Nelle

@Work.

Jeremy was sick yesterday and thankfully on his day off. Even had a 102° temp at the VA for his physical therapy appointment. Surprised they allowed him to keep his appointment. He never threw up, but he was feeling awful all day yesterday. He got up and went to work this morning, hopefully feeling better.

Tonight is my last night to get things done at the house until Sunday afternoon. We have a yard sale at the church on Saturday for Mothers' Memorial, so we are having to get that prepped tomorrow night and then working it Saturday of course.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 11, 2022, 08:32:04 PMDoes the Miata get good gas mileage?
Eh, it gets high 20s low 30s. About like the 'vette. Difference is it'll drink the cheaper lower octane and not complain while the 'vette demands the petroleum equivalent of Dom Perignon.
Back at work. Fuming over said gas prices while simultaneously thankful for a company car.
Church last night was sparse.
Tonight, got a few things to do, hopefully spend some time on Sam. Then tomorrow, off, and headed to Injun territory in preparation to see Mini hooked into a double harness..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

My muscles are complaining loudly today about my mowing and weed eating earlier in the week.

Roscoe

Urgh. Off today. Fixing to head west...

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on May 13, 2022, 04:41:07 PMUrgh. Off today. Fixing to head west...
give mini a hug from us.

Roscoe

Made it through the rehearsal.  Got to enjoy some time with Mini, and another friend or two, and got to tour the church at Fort Smith.  This made me sooo envious. It is beautiful.
Oh, and the hotel we are in- Very swanky. Bathroom is bigger than the one at my house.
Get up early in the morning and off to the church...

Roscoe

Shew. Back home. Absolutely beautiful wedding, and you could feel God's presence and blessings throughout it. I struggled to keep from bawling,' cause I'm emotional like that. The deed is done and the lovebirds cruised off into their happily ever after in a very appropriate chariot, aka Hank the '50 Ford. Hank was looking sharp in his new coat of dark green paint.
The bride was a vision of beauty, class and happiness.
Jerm was Jerm.
Handsome enough I guess, if ya like bald headed Sasquatches.
Brennen and myself showed off how to model suits and doubtless would have stolen the show had we not purposefully turned down our charisma to keep from upstaging everyone. :hypocrite:

It truly was a wonderful event though. At one point after the vows were said, they had ministers in the house come up and pray for them and the kiddos. God's presence during that especially was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It was like He just wrapped the entire family in His arms.
And Kim's brother. Lord, he was hilarious. Very heartfelt in his words and literally had the entire congregation laughing. That entire family is just as zany as Jerm's is.

Nelle

Jealous that you were able to go! LOL.. I was doing church yard sale duty on Friday/Saturday and then helping care for an elderly neighbor/church member. Very busy weekend anyway. I meant to watch the live broadcast on the church page, but we were so busy that I completely forgot to watch.

@Work. Needing a little nap, but I'll survive I guess. Have to take the yard sale leftovers over to Goodwill tonight. Lucky I have an SUV and not still driving my Elantra, or someone else would've had to take everything instead.

Roscoe

Lawd. I came back to a mess. TONS of paperwork. I'm over people and want to retreat to my cave (shop).

MsJennJenn

Visited a church yesterday. The Pastor started a new series on "Church Hurt". Coincidence? Most def. not.
I want to go back next Sunday.

Say a prayer for me. My church fear is real.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

It's been a good day for me. Got a petunia, a geranium, and a couple tomato plants for my birthday. Also got to share the zucchini chocolate chip pan cookies my mom made me with my coworkers.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Happy Belated Birthday!!

MJJ - We're doing the Celebrate Recovery at our church on Wednesday nights, and I know so many thing it's just for 'certain groups of people' - but I think we are realizing, we have just as many hurts and hangups and especially church hurts that we all benefit from it. It's good that they can recognize we aren't all doing it the right way, and we can do better. Praying for you to find 'home' for a safe place.

@Work. Eating my morning bagel w/ Tillamook strawberry cream cheese. Jeremy was able to find a couple of containers of it last week, so I'm back on my preferred breakfast, hahaha. It's SOOO good. Creamier than Philadelphia's. Yum.

I also made tuna fish cakes/patties last night. SO GOOD. I can't wait to eat leftovers for lunch. I also oven roasted some tri-color cauliflower and some broccoli, so I have that to finish as well. Lunch come quick!

Roscoe

Work. Bah. Currently between a judge and a supervisor via email, not a comfortable place to be. I am here not of my own doings either. LOL
Plugging through the day. Took an early lunch and picked Chey up- she finished the 10th grade today with a B average.
Seems unreal- just yesterday she was going to Kindergarten toothless in the front- now she's going to be driving to school etc. beginning next year. Growing up may be a fact of life, but it's awful hard on Daddies.

Roscoe

Urgh. At work. Last night I slept until 330, then couldn't go back to sleep. Finally dozed in the recliner around 530, just in time to get drug into reality and have to go to work. Over adulting, I tell you.
I want to goat. Just jump around, playing, and headbutt people that irritate me. :laughhard:

The Purple Fuzzy

My phone decided the audio won't work any more. I don't make many calls but when you need it, you need it. Grrr
Thinking about switching carriers to get a new phone for free. We've been with ATT for probably over 20 years.

Lynx

You can get some Bluetooth earbuds for a cheap workaround.

Downside is you will need earbuds to make or receive phone calls. Upside is you don't have to get a whole new phone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, my Marco Polo or other things that use audio don't work either. So, it's a pain. I get a weird error messages.

Roscoe

Hi. Work. Bah.
 So ready for vacation.

Nelle

@Work. Barely made it this morning, haha. If it hadn't been for having payroll to process, I might have not come in today. Woke up at 3am with HORRIBLE hip pain that was radiating into my leg. It's been happening off and on more often for the last couple of weeks or so. I've had that occasional hip-only pain before, but very very short lived in the past. Like.. as soon as I would roll over, it would go away. It's not doing that now, and I can't even lay on that side. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning, and hopefully they'll be able to figure it out for sure and I can get better!! I'd love to be able to walk normally, sleep normal, etc, haha.