News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 04, 2022, 05:45:13 PMHe cannot possibly be the first person to think of using a Bible's ultra-thin pages for that purpose.

Ask him what he would have done when he ran out of glossary and index.
Oh no. There was a guy a year or so ago we walked in on in a home visit that was smoking weed in pages from the New Testament.

And in sharing. Made it through the day. Had an absolutely terrible, boring zoom meeting style mandatory training on mental health. I do not for the life of me understand why agencies thinking gathering everyone together and making them listen to some egghead blather on and on actually helps mental health. As someone who has dealt with some depression/ anxiety, I can tell you all it does is make me more anxious and irritable. :pound:
  You wanna improve/assist with relieving stress and helping my mental health? Yeah, more money and/or more time off with pay is a good way to do that. Not forcing me to a pat on the back look at us caring video meeting. :lol:
  Made it to church tonight. Bro Clayton preached. Great job. Turned it over to me, just didn't feel right. Wound up continuing his message some for a few minutes and God showed out. People praying, crying. Finally someone that I felt sure God had told me a few weeks ago the message was for, and a couple subsequent messages, responded. Made me overjoyed. They had sat on a pew seemingly unmoved except for an occasional tear wipe when no one was looking. Never could get a release to speak with them, and I have to KNOW "thus sayeth God" before I go speak to someone one on one in a service. So good to see them at the altar, hands lifted, pouring out their heart to God while the tears rolled.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm off to the dentist today to get some teeth worked on

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I dislike the expense of the visits to the dentist, but I love knowing my teeth are fixed, haha.

@Work. Ate a wendy's bacon breakfast sandwich. Now I'm eating poptarts. Never skip dinner, guys. It doesn't help you the next morning.

Storming here today already.

My windshield got pinged by a rock yesterday on the interstate. So I had to contact the insurance about getting it fixed. It started raining REALLY hard here, and I'm gonna go check to make sure I don't have a leaky hole in my windshield, haha.

Jeremy (husband) grilled chicken & burgers on Tuesday evening. I've been trying to save it for dinners, but my sandwiches aren't looking too hot as lunch, so if I don't finish the chicken tonight, I'm So bringing it for lunch tomorrow. I have zero clue what we are going to eat tonight. I have chicken thawed and I have leftover spaghetti pasta (not w/ sauce).. so I was THINKING maybe some chicken alfredo. Jeremy makes a REALLY good dish with that, so I need to work on convincing him to make that tonight. I just hate to waste that pasta, haha.

Nelle

Oh! And our pastor is praying about starting a Celebrate Recovery program through our church. I think there's one in a town about 45 minutes away.  Anyway, he's started doing a Bible study on the series as of last night. I LOVE IT. I am so hopeful that this will help me, my husband, our marriage, our church, etc.

Backseat Radio

I survived the trip to the dentist.  My permanent crown should come in a few weeks.  Went to the chiropractor too.  Had a crick in my neck all week from the weed eater.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on May 05, 2022, 02:54:08 PMOh! And our pastor is praying about starting a Celebrate Recovery program through our church. I think there's one in a town about 45 minutes away.  Anyway, he's started doing a Bible study on the series as of last night. I LOVE IT. I am so hopeful that this will help me, my husband, our marriage, our church, etc.

I'm convinced that it is an under-harvested field. Christians get so set that they want the banker, the car dealer, the lawyer, etc. in church- and that's good, I do too- but the addicts and broken are going to be amazing. When God brings them out of drugs and they REALLY get a grip- they'll have a testimony others cannot touch.
 Don't know about a bible study on it. I'd love to have that. I'd love to do a Celebrate Recovery meeting too, but being the Parole Officer in my secular job, I can't really do that. I fear my presence would effectively shut down sharing. Not too many are going to be candid and unguarded with the P.O. there...

And it is raining again today. SO over it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on May 05, 2022, 06:34:57 PM
Quote from: Nelle on May 05, 2022, 02:54:08 PMOh! And our pastor is praying about starting a Celebrate Recovery program through our church. I think there's one in a town about 45 minutes away.  Anyway, he's started doing a Bible study on the series as of last night. I LOVE IT. I am so hopeful that this will help me, my husband, our marriage, our church, etc.

I'm convinced that it is an under-harvested field. Christians get so set that they want the banker, the car dealer, the lawyer, etc. in church- and that's good, I do too- but the addicts and broken are going to be amazing. When God brings them out of drugs and they REALLY get a grip- they'll have a testimony others cannot touch.
 Don't know about a bible study on it. I'd love to have that. I'd love to do a Celebrate Recovery meeting too, but being the Parole Officer in my secular job, I can't really do that. I fear my presence would effectively shut down sharing. Not too many are going to be candid and unguarded with the P.O. there...

And it is raining again today. SO over it.

Very true. I could see the conflict there.

He streamed our service on Wednesday evening on Facebook and I think also on YouTube. I think this is going to be an 8 week series. Then he mentioned doing it in small groups this summer... I think. He worked in a correctional facility as a chaplain for a while, and I know they're on his heart. Plus .. we all really have hangups that we need healing from as well. I'm excited about the series.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on May 03, 2022, 10:31:59 PMWell. Rebuke if you will, but DON'T REBUKE THE TEMPERATURE. I on wanna give Old Man Winter any reason to come storming back. :pound:

Haha no way. Never at all. I loathe winter. My prayers worked. We're supposed to hit 100 this weekend LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Good. I've been waiting for warmer weather.

I spray weed killer around stuff in the yard instead of weed eating it every time I mow. Weed killer won't work until the temperature rises a bit. So I've been impatient for higher temperatures.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Sooo tired today. Supposed to go to Conway tonight to buy a new pair of dress shoes. Totally don't wanna go anywhere. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

We drove to Nacogdoches today for Burrito's step mom's funeral. I'm tired, too.

Roscoe

Well. Went last night and bought said shoes. Today was beautiful- I fired up the old truck, met up with Bro Wilson and we hit backroads looking at potential campgrounds
In addition to my motorhome, he's recently bought a camper trailer. We puttered all the way to Fort Smith, then came back home. Did a little work on Sam too.

Nelle

@Work. Had a good weekend.

Tired on a Monday - shocker, I know.

Roscoe

Yes. I concur with Nelle's assessment of Monday.:ugly:

I DID enjoy the weekend. Saturday, as described above. Sunday- I preached what I thought when I was putting it together was a masterpiece . Came out like a stinker to me. LOL
But- after service, I had a young man who has came for a few services approach me. Former Jehovah's witness, walked away after having questions and being told "just do what you've been taught" without any answers. Told me he appreciated me and what I was preaching, stated he could see the Jesus name baptism plan of salvation, and stated he had some questions. I told him I didn't have all the answers, but the Word did and I'd be glad to sit down with him and find the answers he needed. Long story short, we are getting a date to teach a bible study to the young man at his request!
Now back at work, on standby for court, and ready to abscond said work and go home.

MsJennJenn

I mowed this weekend. Got my veggies planted in my hay bales. Cucumber, watermelon, lettuce, some kind of bean, and sunflowers lol. The boyfriend lovessss pickles and I've had success with cucumbers. So planted a specific pickling cucumber this time. We'll see what happens.

One of my girlfriends found a non denominational church she loves. I think I am going to try it next Sunday. Didn't yesterday cus mothers day. I feel in my heart I want to try to go back to a church, but I also don't want to experience what I went thru before. So we'll see how it goes.

I also concur with Nelle's tired Monday. Getting out of bed was hard hard this morning.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy day for me.  To start off with I got my nose stuck in a new book last night, so I didn't get much sleep.  In case anyone wants to know, the book is "Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola and George Barna.

This morning my oven quit working. Took 45 minutes to preheat the oven to what the readout said was supposed to be 350 but it didn't fully bake my eggs in the usual 13 minutes.  Apparently, the bottom heating element went bad.  Thankfully dad fixed it for me while I was at work.

Got to work to discover 3 carts and 2 pallets of stuff from last night's truck that still needed to be dealt with.  Took 3 of us all day to sort through all that freight and we still didn't get all our backroom bins scanned. We're getting sent new freight for the mid May reset which is making quite a mess to deal with for the next few weeks.   Thankfully no truck tonight.

Got home and started mowing my yard.  Completely drained the mower batteries before I got the yard done.  Got to recharge the mower batteries and the mower pusher and finish the yard tomorrow.

Roscoe

Went to prayer meeting last night. Good time. Made a new friend who is pastor of a church in the western part of the state. Happens to be a welder and also a bit of a car nut. He has a 16 year old son who was quite interested in my sweet daughter and her Miata... She protested to me that she is quite happy with her boyfriend, aka Opie, but I noticed a bit of blushing when she was teased about the apparent interest. I think she may actually find the boy a tad attractive and it doesn't hurt that he is a car nut as she is. LOL
Apparently she was the coolest girl there with the pink striped Miata and when she showed pics of her under construction Corvette she had all of the little boys drooling. It was good to see her coming out of her shell some- she is very much an introvert.  I was overjoyed when she told me she is going to their youth night tonight. Coincidently, Marlon (little boy drooling over Miata and her I suspect) will be there.  :laughhard:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Backseat Radio on May 09, 2022, 10:39:10 PMThis morning my oven quit working. Took 45 minutes to preheat the oven to what the readout said was supposed to be 350 but it didn't fully bake my eggs in the usual 13 minutes.  Apparently, the bottom heating element went bad.  Thankfully dad fixed it for me while I was at work.

Baked eggs?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 10, 2022, 05:40:30 PMBaked eggs?
I wondered about that too, but I figured it was a breakfast quiche or something.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I've heard of folks baking eggs instead of boiling them. Like in a muffin tin.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

I don't bother with a muffin tin. I just crack the eggs onto a small sheet pan and bake them 13 minutes at 350. They turn out about like over easy eggs.  then I eat them with whatever veggies I want. Usually a bit of microwaved bell pepper and onion mix but I've also done mushrooms. Went the baking route so I can do other things while it's cooking rather than stand at the stove and stir a pan of eggs.

Nelle

@Work.

We don't have water at said workplace. I can't live in the pre-inside plumbing days, haha. Hopefully it's all fixed soon.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. And I've managed to burn my forearm some way while I was mowing last night, and it is sore as can be. Got a bit done on Sam last night after I mowed, while Lou and Chey fired up the Miata and headed to Russellville for a youth event.
Gas prices are insane- $4 a gallon here now. Not pleased.
Tonight is church. This, and the fact that after lunch, my coworker will bring a large pan of left over cinnamon rolls back to the office from the drug court promotion ceremony this morning, are the only things that keep me going today. :pound: