News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Chains that bind

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 25, 2015, 06:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

...playing with my photography and pondering life!

The things we think, the choices we make, the steps we take, the words we speak, the actions we defend, the faith we seek, the beauty we see....who, or what defines the path you walk...what has you struggling to walk said path? What has you deceived, disillusioned, depressed, distracted, delusional...caught , bound, or trapped? What do you chain yourself with? Materialism, pride, debt, self-doubt, self-satisfaction, bitterness, compulsive habits, pretty packaging, self-image, poor choices, pointless goals, high expectations, doubt, disappointment, mindless entertainment, distraction, unattainable dreams...hope deferred?

I'm a crazy mix of faults, foibles, & contradictions! My greatest faults are self-doubt, unreasonable expectations; and the need to be in control of everything. The need for everything to be ordered, simplified; and contained in pretty little boxes!!!

I'm a reliable realist...I usually expect too much of myself, and others! Mostly myself....

All that being said...I'm fighting redefinition! Life has taken me down paths I never thought I would travel this past year...mainly health wise; which in turn has played with my emotions, thoughts, mindset, attitude, etc...you name it!!!

My usual " Get the job done, no matter what", Self-organized, Control-freak, Contained, "True Grit" reliability has fallen on the wayside!

So I'm sitting here self analyzing...wondering what of my own actions, thoughts, & desires have created chains...chains that have kept me bound!

- From getting farther in life?
- From having a stronger faith; and a deeper understanding of the Word?
- A better walk with God?
- A stronger witness...?

More often than not, the chains that have us bound; are of our own making.  Though they carry the illusions of beauty, and comfort; they still bind! 

When it comes to the chains that we have created for ourselves; we will never realize that all feelings of control, comfort, and beauty are illusions; until we except the fact that we are bound! Ironically by our own actions, thoughts, and creations....

Thankfully, we serve a God that can set us free...strengthen our hearts...be the "Rock"...the unshakable foundation!!!

Psalms 18:2 | The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalms 18:31| For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Psalms 18:46 | The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalms 27:5  | For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Psalms 31:3 | For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Psalms 40:2 | He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

Psalms 61:2 | From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalms 62:2 | He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalms 62:6 | He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

Psalms 62:7 | In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalms 71:3 |  Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Psalms 94:22 | But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

Psalms 95:1 | O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

Assuredbyfaith

John 8:32 | And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Romans 6:18 | Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:22  | But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Galatians 5:1 | Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.