News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Jeremy has a VR headset. I'll have to have him find a haunted house one! Maybe THIS one will get me! haha..

We go tomorrow for Jeremy's appointment with the doctor who's going to do his gastric surgery. Hopefully within the next month or so, he will finally be able to have it finished!

Working on year-end at work.. I need that smiley that bangs his head against the wall. January and June are my least favorite months, haha.

Heather

And just like that, Im no longer a college student. At least I proved to myself that I could do it if given the chance.

I start my "new" job tomorrow.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the day, passed the test. Now I'm certified for the next three years. Tomorrow I shall return to my office to deal with many issues.. 'tis the nature of the job.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: HeatherB on January 10, 2017, 09:40:37 PMAnd just like that, Im no longer a college student. At least I proved to myself that I could do it if given the chance.

I'm sorry, Heather.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2017, 05:37:00 PMMy new favorite.  And in sharing I got shanghai'd into a Glock armourer recertification class today. Been several years,  I hope I can remember  enough to pass the test..
You still carry on the job? I didn't think parole officers made arrests...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on January 10, 2017, 09:40:37 PMAnd just like that, Im no longer a college student. At least I proved to myself that I could do it if given the chance.

Oh no Heather! :sadbounce:
Is it cus you've been doing double majors? You're too many credits in?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

So...if any of you ever get roscoe as your parole officer, never mess up on Wednesdays, his BBQ rib day.... LOL

He's currently mad as a hornet cause he had to eat cold ribs.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Can't really blame the man. Cold ribs ain't near half as good as fresh off the grill hot.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2017, 11:12:33 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2017, 05:37:00 PMMy new favorite.  And in sharing I got shanghai'd into a Glock armourer recertification class today. Been several years,  I hope I can remember  enough to pass the test..
You still carry on the job? I didn't think parole officers made arrests...
Oh yeah. In Arkansas we are still cops. I snagged one up today, in fact.
Quote from: mini on January 11, 2017, 06:51:15 PMSo...if any of you ever get roscoe as your parole officer, never mess up on Wednesdays, his BBQ rib day.... LOL

He's currently mad as a hornet cause he had to eat cold ribs.
Suckers that made me eat cold ribs and miss my date day with my wife are currently incarcerated. At least one of 'em is- the other has gotten a two week reprieve because his lawyer had emergency heart surgery. The prosecutor and the judge have already told him his options though- 48 months in the pen or go to trial and if found guilty, 20 years. He WILL be found guilty, no doubt, and I have no doubt he will take the deal..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Jenn-yes and no. Yes as far as financial aid is concerned but I'm no where close to done academically because of having to start over when I went back.

Apparently the financial aid office has had daily calls from at least 3 of my professors. 1 of them left me a voicemail today that she has badgered a way to appeal a denied appeal from a worker in that office and I'm supposed to contact her tomorrow.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 12, 2017, 12:03:44 AMOh yeah. In Arkansas we are still cops. I snagged one up today, in fact.
Cool! I have a coworker who is a parole officer and here in TN they never make arrests.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Just FYI... have you ever had to listen to someone say something about you that didn't really happen? It's really really hard not to defend yourself.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

I once tried to add up everything a guy said he did and realized he must have been 937 years old.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on January 12, 2017, 04:44:29 PMJust FYI... have you ever had to listen to someone say something about you that didn't really happen? It's really really hard not to defend yourself.
Now I'm all curious to know what it was they said you did.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 12, 2017, 05:51:18 PMI once tried to add up everything a guy said he did and realized he must have been 937 years old.

:ugly:
:pound: I ain't either!

And Sunlight, I don't know that I could remain quiet.
 Been a long day. Spent most of it on the road, doing home visits. Took lunch and bothered Mini by sending him pics of what the restaurant called a "Hillbilly Philly". Basically a Philly Cheesesteak on a jalapeno bun with their own special sauce which had the distinct taste of horseradish of some type as an ingredient. It was truthfully divine. And probably 1,000 calories.
Then I drove waaaaay back up in the mountains to find someone for another office, and discovered that he had lied to them and the address he'd given did not exist. I even double checked with the local sheriff's office.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on January 12, 2017, 04:44:29 PMJust FYI... have you ever had to listen to someone say something about you that didn't really happen? It's really really hard not to defend yourself.
Where are they? Let me at 'em! :pound:

Heather

No school for Heather. However, if I read the degree requirements right for out local community college. If they let me transfer my credits there, I only have to take 4 classes to qualify for the their associates degree, also it would be affordable to save up and pay out of pocket to take 1-2 classes a semester. I'll venture into that territory closer to fall semester because I'm so past done with dealing with school shenanigans right now.

On another note, I've been at my job 2 days and the owner has already told me I will more than likely be working full time as of next week and her manager of her business in the next month.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

And I survived the day. It was a hectic mess. And about nine thirty, I'm in the office hard at work and I hear someone come in. I look up in time to see a well dressed lady storm into my office and introduce herself- as the 3rd in command in our agency. Like my big boss's boss.  Came in, sat down and proceeded to take up thirty minutes of my valuable time just talking. I hope I didn't say anything wrong. I apparently kept her occupied while my coworkers got all of their supposed to be prohibited items out to their car. Prohibited in this case being- dogs. Yes, two of my coworkers brought their dogs to work. Why? I know not. But I'm glad they didn't bark while she was there.
 Felt pretty good about the visit with her, but one thing kinda bothered me. She made a big deal about how proud she was our agency required a degree and how she felt it "attracted a better quality candidate." I'm sure she had no idea that I don't have a degree, and didn't mean it to gouge me, but I really had to bite my tongue. I admire those who are tenacious enough to get a degree. Strongly regret that I did not do that. But that piece of paper doesn't instantly confer common sense and make one a better employee.
My boss seems to think this old degree-less hillbilly does a good job. I guess that's all that matters.

Roscoe

Dreary day and I feel poorly. Made myself get up and clean up the house some,so Lou won't have as much to do. Tomorrow morning I have to put a smoked meatloaf on for church potluck.... Too cold to go clean out the carport room like I need to.

Lynx

Wait, what? Bobby if the agency requires a degree how did you get in? Does your immediate boss look at experience and common sense and bend the rules or was the lady wrong about your agency always requiring a degree?

Not really my business, I'm just curious.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 14, 2017, 11:10:56 PMWait, what? Bobby if the agency requires a degree how did you get in? Does your immediate boss look at experience and common sense and bend the rules or was the lady wrong about your agency always requiring a degree?

Not really my business, I'm just curious.
My agency has a little known loophole. If you have enough law enforcement related experience, a waiver CAN - not always- be granted to waive the degree requirement. Once again, God prepared the path for me. My experience, not just years in law enforcement, was that of a supervisor, a firearms expert and trainer, a Glock Armorer, and an instructor in addition to adding up to well over 2,000 hours of training. That got the waiver instantly.

It's funny- I kicked about the instructor jobs, because I didn't feel like I was a good speaker and had a fear of public speaking. A lot of the training I went to because it was there, but really didn't intend on leaving "my' department. But God in His wisdom saw down the road, and prepared me exactly for what they would look for. And it helps with the preaching. I now do not fear public speaking if I'm prepared.

Reminds me of the ad-lib of the old footprints in the sand poem. God to man: "You see the two sets of footprints over there?" Man: "Yes" God: "That's where I walked with you." Man: "Cool. And the one set of footprints?" God: "That's where I carried you." Man "Awesome! But what's those two long marks by the set of footprints?" God: "That, my son, is where I dragged you kicking and screaming to where you needed to be." :laughhard::

There's lots of drag marks on the beach of my life...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I don't think I have ever been so sick. Ick. Prayers appreciated

The Purple Fuzzy